1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Vito Mannone

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by H-D, Apr 15, 2011.

1. H-D

H-D Active Member

Hull City fan in peace. Saw that on Sunday when you were at Blackpool there wasn't a keeper on the bench.

Vito Mannone (on loan to us from you) is expected to be fit by this weekend - is there any chance that Wenger will recall him? :huh:

I certainly hope not!

2. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I don't think they can recall him, what with it being a loan for the rest of the season and the window being closed. Bizarrely, Wenger could bring in another emergency loan keeper if Almunia doesn't recover, but couldn't recall one of his own keepers from loan.

I think it's fairly irrelevant at this point anyway - Lojack is meant to be back to face 'pool this weekend, so if Almunia recovers as well Arsenal will be back to three keepers.

3. robin_van_ fiberglass

robin_van_ fiberglass Active Member

How is he doing, and what standard of football is he capable of?

4. Lukas

Lukas Member

Hull City fan here - He is one of the season's best performers, a fan favourite, and is my display picture. Great performances in goal, very solid and has kept a lot of clean sheets. I reckon he's the best keeper in the Championship (there are bigger names but im looking at performances)

What do you guys think the chances of Wenger selling him to us for a few mill at the end of the season are?

5. Samurai

Samurai Active Member

£1m maybe. He's doing well for you because of the difference between the Champ and the Prem. I think he could be a decent keeper for us, but Shezza is better, and I doubt he'd want to be a backup keeper to him.

6. robin_van_ fiberglass

robin_van_ fiberglass Active Member

He won't want to be 3rd choice so I can see him leaving.