1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Villa's next manager - possibilities

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by 56Danny, Jun 12, 2011.

1. 56Danny

56Danny Member

Not that give I two hoots TBH, but an article in my paper today reckoned that Lerner may be preparing for a period of mid table consolidation (read: selling & re-building on the cheap).

McLeish will surely be bandied about in next week's rumour mill, and maybe even Billy Davies. Mark Hughes does not appear to fit the template, nor do any of the available ex-PL managers like Curbishley.

An interesting sideshow to liven up the transfer window, with hopefully more D. Bent discomfort and great entertainment for us to follow.

Why Villa are forced to look for their new boss on the cheap

2. vauxsamson

vauxsamson Active Member

Does anyone feel sorry for Bent? bwahahahahahahahahaha.

3. MackemsRule

MackemsRule Well-Known Member

I have it on very good authority they are going foreign again and this is the new man for Villa. :)

[NSFW]
    please log in to view this image
    [/NSFW]

4. Bizarreknives

Bizarreknives Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It has to be Mcleish doesn't it? Or am I missing something?

5. 56Danny

56Danny Member

Villa fans are in a lather <laugh>

MR - you are having too much fun already with your new toy!

Nice 1

6. Schwerer Gustav

Schwerer Gustav Well-Known Member

if the Villa fans stopped Lerner from interviewing McLaren then how do you think they would react to the appointment of Wee Eck as their manager?

7. MackemsRule

Clicked yer link Dan mate and I'm still waiting for it to load. :)
    And no I'm not on dial up I'm on 50 Mb :p

[NSFW]The Mag fans wouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence as lather though. :p[/NSFW]

8. Cest Advocaat

Cest Advocaat Well-Known Member

Sky are reporting that McCleish is already 5/1 ON for the job. I can just see Judas sitting in a hotel room very soon begging to leave Villa? Lol

McClaren would have been a far better option for Villa than McCleish. The football he plays is duller than the the shine on a noocarsel trophy.

9. murray out

murray out Well-Known Member

Mcleish is the favourite but that doesn't mean he'll get it, too many people are putting 2 and 2 together and sometimes the answer isn't 4, personally i still think Hughes will get it

10. 56Danny

56Danny Member

Their forum has gone into "members only" mode - must be because there are 100,000 countrywide footy fans like us, with nothing better to do on a Sunday afternoon :emoticon-0101-sadsm

11. gillmackem

gillmackem Active Member

hughes will get the job hes available so no compensation(dont think he will like bent)

12. Dorset

Dorset Well-Known Member

I'm putting 2 and 2 together and making 4. Alex McCleish will take over at Villa.

13. Dorset

Dorset Well-Known Member

Here's a familiar name being linked with the job...........

Kevin Keegan!

Probably a load of bollocks, but I found it on Twitter ;)

14. trouble_n_stripes

trouble_n_stripes Active Member

I would not be surprised if Bent will be a late flurry for transfer speculation before either the season start's or the transfer window shut's, just think he will move somewhere else.

15. Dorset

Dorset Well-Known Member

I suppose it all boils down to who takes over at Villa Park and how many of their players jump ship. The two wingers, Ashley Young and Stuart Downing are definately going, from what I am reading on Twitter, Sky and various forums.

16. MackemsRule

That's just disgraceful they turn the head of our star striker who loved it here, which he said on numerous occasions.
    To then go and jump ship and leave him high and dry is just not on and they should be ashamed.
    How can Young going to a little club like ManU from the mighty Villa be a step up?
    Where can poor Darren go now, as he went to the mighty Villa as a step up for himself?

[NSFW]Judas you ****ing ****er you deserve everything you have coming to you, twat![/NSFW]

17. billofengland

billofengland Well-Known Member

this gadget is great, seems like a real winner, makes for some good tongue in cheek banter.

18. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

Resign by E-Mail? Not on..

Birmingham plan legal action with Alex McLeish set to join bitter rivals Aston Villa after walking out on City.

McLeish resigned as manager in an email to Birmingham&#8217;s acting chairman Peter Pannu.

The former Rangers and *Scotland boss is now hot favourite to take over at Villa. He had more than two years left on a £1.75million-a-year deal at St Andrews, with a prohibitive buy-out clause.

And Brum had vowed to stick with him after they were relegated from the Premier League despite winning the Carling Cup

19. billofengland

billofengland Well-Known Member

Bet Sam Allerdice, is wishing he had waited, Villa closer to his gaff than London, bet He is `forever blowing bubbles ` out of his arse right now.

20. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

More to this story than meets the eye..

Birmingham chief Peter Pannu insists that the club will not be giving Alex McLeish permission to talk to any clubs.

McLeish quit the Second City outfit on Sunday, via email, and is now believed to be in contention to take charge at arch-rivals Aston Villa.

But acting chairman Pannu says the club will try and block efforts, as they have been left angered by McLeish's departure.

"To get an email when I am on business in Amsterdam speaks volumes," said Pannu.

"He is still our contracted staff and Birmingham City does not grant him any right to speak to any outsiders until the matter is resolved."

Peter Pannu

Quotes of the week

"We have spent £40m and supported him all the way and what we get is a relegation and a snub."