1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Vetch field memories

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Victor, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Victor

Victor Well-Known Member

I was interested to read an article on Wales on line about the Vetch field. ..... Some of you may have been the ones whacking the boards at the back of the North bank, making quite a noise.
    Who remembers people standing on ladders from the houses behind the goals, seeing the game for nothing? ....... The Mel Nurse Bar behind the North Bank is mentioned, and of course the famous clock. ....... The Pubs get a mention, including the Singleton, which closed in March this year..
    Now what stands out for me were the infamous Toilets behind the North Bank, where I had to paddle through to take a leak. I bet a lot of you remember that. ...... The pitch invasions that took place..
    Walter Boyd taking the no 35 shirt, because he expected to 35 goals for the Swans, ...... He managed to score 10 goals in. 35 Games. ......... There are also photos posted, that may bring back memories.

If any body is interested, You can find it all on Wales on Line, Under. Swansea City F. C. .

2. 8past7

8past7 Well-Known Member

I remember warm bags and cold pasty’s

it’s why people started lobbing them

3. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

Panathanikos at the Vetch, what a mad night of football and I ****ing loved it.

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  4. glamexile

glamexile Well-Known Member

....Some of you may have been the ones whacking the boards at the back of the North bank, making quite a noise......

Guilty as charged <cheers>

Taffvalerowdy likes this.