1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread versus Shrewsbury

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Feb 8, 2018.

1. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Well this week we have yet another "what could possibly go wrong". Not content with Wigan (top) a few weeks back, we then had Blackburn (then second) last game, this time we have the Shrews who have shocked a lot this season and are currently in the Blackburn place of being second themselves. Wow!! What a list of games of late that is.

We haven't actually done that badly in these games so far. We lost to Wigan but played very well. We beat Blackburn with something to spare although it wasn't a walk over. So, what are the chances this weekend. Form wise over the last 5 games the teams are identical. 3 wins , 1 draw and 1 loss. We are however away from home. Normally you could be forgiven for thinking away is best for Argyle. No so at the moment though as our home form has been exceptional for us of late.

Shrewsbury were favourites for the drop at the start of the season and so were we according to the bookies. They have excelled so far and are already well safe even if the rest of the season goes tits up. Can we get the result we would all love to get? There is a little bit of me that says I have a sneaky feeling we just might. So no settling for a point lets go for the throat and the whole 3 points.

COYG

2. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

Not going, my first miss of the year I think. Will almost certainly be the same team or close to it. A lot of Shrewsbury's wins have been by the odd goal and they like to sit back and counter attack. Quite bullish about this, I fancy an early goal and a relatively comfortable 2-0

3. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Doncaster and man flu???? You seem to be making a habit of this missing games young man. Where is your loyalty?

4. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

Oh yes I forgot that period of my life - I was so ill it doesn't count as a miss. Booked in for Oxford though, along with 1800 green army - fantastic support.

5. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Bit of a tragedy on the M5 today and feel sorry for the person who died and the others involved. You might have got stuck in that lyndie. No doubt it caused a heaadache for the team bus. I know it can't be helped but it must be every drivers nightmare to get caught in a standstill like that one.

6. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I've just been reading one of the Shrewsbury forums and have to say I was pleasantly surprised at some of the posts. Often with clubs you get a bunch of supporters who are a bit up their own rectum about others. However, I didn't read one post that was dismissive of Argyle or boastful of their success or anything remotely close to that. Overall they were fairly complementary and admitted they thought the game was going to be hard fought and difficult to win. How refreshing when you consider clubs like Wigan and Blackburn and the way their supporters are dismissive of those in the same league as them. They believe they shouldn't be here because they are far too big for the rest. Shrewsbury on the other hand don't despite their tremendous season so far.

You know what. If we can't make it then a big part of me hopes that Shrewsbury do and as Champions as well. Can't want them to win tomorrow but the rest of their games I might just cheer them on. As for those other two mentioned I might just hope their bubble bursts and the rest of their season goes tits up. Just saying like.................

7. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Nathan Thomas starts for Shrewsbury. Oh dear.

8. notDistantGreen

GOAL - Argyle go 1-0 down after Lameiras loses the ball in midfield to Nolan. Morris (on loan from Norwich) scores past Matthews (on loan from Norwich) #pafc #salop https://t.co/rd1hOv34OS

9. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Bugger...............

10. notDistantGreen

11. notDistantGreen

12. notDistantGreen

13. notDistantGreen

Decent pen, low to keeper's left - well saved #pafc

14. notDistantGreen

There was controversy over the award of the penalty. Did not look like there was much contact on Sarcevic when he stumbled over inside the box #pafc

15. notDistantGreen

It was not a decent pen and it wasn’t low. Has he missed 2 out of 3 now? #pafc

16. notDistantGreen

And breathe...penalty was conceded by Sadler for a foul on Sarcevic. Shrews thought decision was harsh. Carey struck his kick well, low and hard away from keeper MacGillivray, who made a very good save #pafc

17. notDistantGreen

Difference of opinion. On award and taking of the penalty!

18. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Even bigger BUGGER.................

19. notDistantGreen

GOAL!!! Shrewsbury 1 Argyle 1 (Ness 27 mins) A cool low left-foot finish from Ness who gets his first goal for Argyle #pafc https://t.co/R8j0XY0y4k

20. notDistantGreen

Ness's first goal as a Pilgrim could be a monster (sorry!). Long ball from the back, helped on by Tayls and Ruben finds Jamie for the coolest of finishes #pafc