1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread versus Sheffield Wednesday

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Oct 2, 2022.

1. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

So here we go again for yet another top of the table clash. Have to say we have done pretty well so far with results over the last month even if I haven't always believed what I was posting at the time pre-match. You have to be positive though haven't you. They are on a run and we are on a run so maybe something has to give. You can't really back against Argyle at the minute though can you as they continue to surprise us weekly. Schuey has a shed load of different plans in his locker and he got the right one out last time to beat our bogey side. I have every confidence in him that he will repeat the feat again this time, We can win this one as well.

COYG

2. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Hacked off. I'm not going tonight now as have lousy cold and barking like a dog. Really wanted to watch this one as well.

3. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Ah we've had that in the house: dodged it myself. So far.

Now I have an annual subscription to Argyle TV, which covers 10 minute and 90 minute match replays, interviews etc. so I'm not quite clear how it works for non subscribers, but you may be able to buy the live match stream for £10.

It's streamed on the club website so it can be watched on whatever computer you use to post here or potentially on a smartphone or similar.

You may also be able to cast it onto your TV from a phone or connect a laptop to the TV with an HDMI cable, which is what I do.

If you have a smart TV with a built in web browser I suppose you could try that but inputting passwords etc is a pig that way.

Give me a shout if you want any help - bearing in mind I'm not a tech professional.

4. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Cooper, Wilson, Scarr, Butcher, Edwards, Hardie, Mumba, Azaz, Whittaker, Randell, Lonwijk.

Subs
    Burton, Houghton, Ennis, Grant, Cosgrove, Galloway, Jenkins-Davies.

No Mayor.

5. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

..........................................................................................Cooper

......................................Lonwijk.......................................Scarr..............................................Wilson

..........Edwards................................Randell.............................................Butcher........................................Mumba

.............................................................Azaz....................................Whittaker

.........................................................................................Hardie

6. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

What?............no idea what you just said..

Last edited: Oct 4, 2022
  7. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Typical.......1 - 0 Hardie 3 mins

8. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

That didn't last long 1 - 1 7 mins

9. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

1-1...H/T

Hardie...3mins.

Palmer...7mins

10. notDistantGreen

Poor from Argyle, especially down our right side. Have made chances but need to tighten up.

11. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

2-1...Cosgrove...90+1

12. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

2-1...F/T

That's a big 3pts for confidence.

13. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Game over and we win again. Have to say half way through it didn't look like we would but subs do it again.

14. notDistantGreen

It’s just as well you didn’t go Sensible as you’d have been apoplectic during the last 5 minutes.

Firstly, we were robbed of a goal. The ball loops into their net but before it touches ground, a defender hacks it back over his head onto the underside of the bar. It has ti be in to have come back onto the bar and out, but nothing given.

Two minutes later, Cosgrove wriggles free with the ball, one on one from 6 yards although with a defender in close pursuit. There’s contact and he goes down. What striker goes down with the goal at his mercy? But again, nothing given. Definite penalty.

Justice is down though when Cosgrove twists his neck to head home from close range in the 90th minute.

Far from the classic against Ipswich. A midfield melee from start to finish. We were poor in the first half and gave away a deplorable goal due to weak defending on our left, an area which was a real Achilles heel.

The substitutions made a difference, particularly Houghton. Hardie started well but had faded so Ennis and Cosgrove helped to put us on top by the end.

We’ve played another of the stronger teams and battled a tough game out to take the three points. Nobody’s going to complain, including me, but not pretty.

15. notDistantGreen

Oh and by the way, if anyone asks, Michael Cooper is useless if you know what I mean, nudge, nudge wink, wink?

16. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

If you can't produce classic football then win ugly. Not all games are going to be classics but ultimately it is the result that matters and especially if it's against a side around you in the table. The only ones to have taken points off us who are at the top end of the table are Portsmouth and that was at their place and they snook it. I just hope when it comes to the lower end of the league the players don't get over confident. When we lose one, and we will, just watch the doom merchants come out of the woodwork and moan for England. It's bound to be against a team near the bottom.

hp_bedoboy likes this.
  17. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

We only committed four fouls.....and get two yellows.......they committed fifteen and only get one yellow ?

18. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Yeh but our's were better quality fouls of course.......

19. notDistantGreen

Unlike Ipswich, Wednesday's fouls were all pretty minor... but with a strong dose of cynicism.

Joe Edwards was booked for a reasonable tackle but which ended in the guy tripping over him as much as anything. Five minutes later, Edwards was remonstrating with the referee for not booking one of theirs for something similar. That's referees....

20. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

Again we do it in final stages! Hope there are some plans to sort out the garden corner as will be needed only if terracing...COYG.