1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread versus Rotherham

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Feb 23, 2022.

1. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Lets see just how much belief the Argyle faithful have in our team when it comes to the prediction league this time around.......

So here we are playing the top of the league and a team that seem to just grind out 2 - 0 wins as and when required. The nil being an often against score as they have hardly conceded a goal this season so far. Not only that but of course have an inform striker who was once one of ours. If ever there was a Private Fraser match it would be this one. We surely must be doomed. Yet I cannot quite see why we should be given some of the football we have played this season. We have been good in most games and very very good in others with only the occasional blip by being poor. I see no reason why we can't win this if we turn up with our A game. It isn't going to be easy that's true but then again very few games are. Everyone and their dog expects Rotherham to be promoted this season in an automatic spot and I'm no exception to that but it doesn't have to be at our expense. You can do it lads..........

COYG

AWAY IN BC likes this.
  2. AWAY IN BC

AWAY IN BC Well-Known Member

Fair enough Mr S. A draw would be a good result..

3. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

No it wouldn't. I'm backing the win without question. But, if you want to be a chicken well...........................

4. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

If Scarr and Galloway were playing maybe....Wilson also seems to be tiring.....and Bolton has not been so reassuring of late.....Cooper does well...but he cannot do it by himself.....i think we will find it difficult to keep a clean sheet against them.....and then you have the banana skin of the returning ex-player....in this case Freddie Ladapo....who scored both of their goals mid-week.....who will help to snuff him out ?

5. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

And there you have it. As said in the opening post about fair weather fans. Oh No Mr Mainwaring we are doomed and we haven't even kicked off yet. We may well lose or draw the game but where is the belief in your own team before we have even kicked a ball? You never know plym we might even win the game but heyho why even go down that road. I honestly feckin despair at Argyle fans sometimes. I'm guessing you will go for a loss then in the prediction thread.

6. AWAY IN BC

AWAY IN BC Well-Known Member

Quack Quack...i'm a duck..

7. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

It's the bit I don't get BC. Greens seem to somehow always think everything is going to go tits up with Argyle. In fairness it often does but sometimes it just goes right. I can remember back in time watching other clubs for example going tens of points clear of the rest of the league and thinking why can't that be us. Then as if by magic one season it was us in the Sturrock era. Even then there were people who supposedly supported the Greens waiting for things to go wrong and almost expecting relegation instead of promotion. But we were promoted with record points. From my own point of view I seldom expect Argyle to lose even if they are battling relegation. Why, when we are doing pretty well, do some people always have to down the team and expect the worst. It's like saying to your kids on the morning of the most important exams that there isn't anything to worry about they can always empty bins when they fail them. Amazingly if we win the match we were always going to lose they talk as if they always knew it was going to be ok.

8. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Is it called a 'prediction league' or not.....it's not called ... 'I wish league'........I think that if we get a draw we've done quite well with this one......our defence will need to play a blinder....and make no mistakes.....and our strikers hit the target more often at home.

When we play away home teams have to try and take the advantage.....and we generally do well on the counter attack.....our away goal tally tells us that.

When at home away team generally are more cautious and we do not get the same opportunities to break fast.

Rotherham are very tight at the back...and also score goals far too regularly unfortunately......of course they might be due a rubbish game and we could take advantage....but I'm not holding my breath.

9. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

This is not San Marino v Brazil this is league one. They are not unbeatable because no side is that. If we play as we all know we can then we can win this match. Last word......Chelsea.

10. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Chelsea ......did we beat them then.....no I didn't think so.

11. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

"If we play the way we know that we can.........Chelsea" . Said nothing about winning it but we did play well or was that a dream and it never happened. That would be Chelsea winners of the Champions League and winners of the Club World Cup who after a normal game period i.e. 90 minutes plus injury time could only draw with Argyle. But we should be more scared of Rotherham whose claim to fame is yoyo movement between tier two and three in the English leagues. No one is ever going to call you Mr Motivator are they.

12. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

I'm beyond the years of motivation....I'm well into the years of....as they say of pipe and slippers sitting by the fireside.

13. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

We certainly can beat these. Rotherham have lost to both Fleetwood and Accrington away since Christmas.

When we play well, we can beat anyone.

Whether we WILL win is unknown, as it would be if we were playing Crewe who haven't taken a single point in their last 5 games.

It'll be a cold day in hell when I put down Argyle to lose.

14. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Rotherham have scored 23 away goals....which is not exceptional.....BUT when you put it beside a defence that have only leaked 5 goals in 16 away matches then it becomes an outstanding record.

15. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

16. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

Just go for it and play them off the pitch!

17. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Cooper, Wilson, Bolton, Gillesphey, Edwards, Camara, Houghton, Mayor, Grant, Hardie, Garrick.

Subs
    Burton, Broom, Ennis, Sessegnon, Randell, Jephcott, Crichlow.

18. notDistantGreen

Thought we'd scored then "hits the shot and... crackle crackle crackle". Thanks BBC. Apparently not though.. but a good spell for Argyle.

19. notDistantGreen

Surprisingly a bit scrappy in parts by the sound of it but Argyle holding their own against the leaders, including hitting the post with a Jordan Garrick header.

20. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

0-0...H/T

Stats even at H/T....Ladapo seems to be heavily involved by the info online.

Argyle down to 8th at present.