1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread versus Lincoln

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Oct 1, 2021.

1. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Those four dropped points in injury time....would have had us top on 24pts...two clear of Wigan.

2. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Whereas we're 3rd, behind Wigan and Sunderland. Four places ahead of Bolton, eight ahead of Portsmouth, nine ahead of Sheffield Wednesday, sixteen ahead of Ipswich and eighteen ahead of Charlton.

3. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Stop it Notdistant. You will literally turn real green in a minute and be arrested for impersonating the Hulk. We failed just admit it.

4. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Just watched the highlights on a Sky clip and have to say that the penalty decision did look like it was outside the box and the Ref got it wrong. The Lino who was right behind the thing just seems to have bottled everything altogether. Another dodgy decision we fall to.

5. monty987

monty987 Well-Known Member

water polo cost us today but we will be back with avengance.

6. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

We will await your arrival with baited breath monty.

7. notDistantGreen

I have to say there are a lot on Twitter bemoaning the "needless" dropping of points. It's not just the inhabitants of PASOTI.

There are of course voices listing the obvious: only 1 defeat in eleven, important players to come back etc etc.

I suppose the clincher for me is that if we had held on to those 4 points, we'd be top 2 points clear. In our windest dreams did any of us expect that?

What is noticeable is that Dan Scarr, Ryan Hardie, Luke Jephcott, Pan Camara and Joe Edwards gave been on all apologising for an away draw but thanking the 800 who travelled. In what universe do they need to apologise for anything?

8. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

20pts and third is a great position to be in....but "if only "comes to the fore at the moment....Portsmouth and Lincoln both got something I personally think they didn't deserve.

I just wish that the subs had more involvement....46 games is a long haul and it would be great if we could lessen the burden on the starting eleven....those last twenty minutes can physically destroy a player....and emptying the tank completely quite often leads to burn out and injuries....we have already had too many injuries...pre-season and in training....there is a fine balance to be found....I hope we can find it....and the result could be a very interesting season.

We have a whole week of recovery time coming up....a luxury we haven't had for awhile.....time for Grant, Bolton, Ennis, Mayor and G Cooper to get nearer playing again.

9. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

There first goal our defence should have cancelled it out and Cooper caught off guard a little. Their penalty hard to see but probably correct decision....but at least another point

10. notDistantGreen

I watched the penalty several times. The contact is outside as far as I can see: the guy's already on the way down here:

upload_2021-10-3_13-22-33.png

11. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Ryan Lowe wants an apology from Saturdays Ref.....the frozen frame shows the initial contact by Galloway was a foot outside the penalty area.....Refs never cotton on and do their homework on teams like Lincoln.....who have made an art of getting more than their fair share of penalties.......notDistant shows it clearly above.