1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread versus Leyton Orient

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Oct 21, 2019.

1. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

A change from the usual old player coming back this time it is an old player and ex manager coming back. A double whammy so what could possibly go wrong. I hope Carl Fletcher is given a rousing reception but no points.

So what to make of this one. Well we have been unbeaten in the last four games and Orient are the same althought they have won one more than us as we drew 2 and won 2. This might not be as easy as some might think and I am more hopeful than sure about it's outcome. However, there is one thing that swings it for me with the football gods. We owe Orient for the last time they were here and Ball boy gate. Apart from the tea lady there is nobody still at Orient even remotely connected to that fateful evening when their man viciously assaulted one of our young and very innocent lads who were there to assist. But, the football gods say that things must be evened out. Therefore I am predicting that nothing will go wrong on the night.

COYG

2. AWAY IN BC

AWAY IN BC Well-Known Member

COYG it is then. 11.45am here, much better.

3. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Orient have done well away from home this season ....definately a banana skin moment on a Tuesday evening.

4. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Well they haven't played us yet have they. The gods will have their say believe me. I bet Jack Dee is your favourite comedian isn't he plym.

5. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Good grief no.....Tommy Cooper......'just like that'.

6. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

From what I've seen, Orient fans don't seem too impressed with the appointment. Let's hope their opinions aren't changed after tonight's game!

7. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Palmer, Wootton, Canavan, Sawyer, Edwards, Riley, Sarcevic, George Cooper, McFadzean, Rudden, Joel Grant.

Subs.
    Michael Cooper, Aimson, Mayor, Moore, Clarke, Randell, Josh Grant.

8. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

WOW, WOW,WOW,:emoticon-0169-dance:emoticon-0169-dance:emoticon-0169-dance:emoticon-0169-dance.

Joel Grant...14 minutes...1-0.

Rudden...17 minutes...2-0.

9. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

McFadzean...34 minutes...3-0.

10. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Widdowson..OG...45+2...4-0....H/T.

11. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

What's going on? 3pts behind Exeter at moment!

12. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

4-0...F/T.

13. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

What a strange game that was. I believe the forerunner to the first goal was a handball by Rudden. It did look stonewall to be honest and nobody gave it. The Leyton O players were a bit miffed to say the least and from where I was sat I can't blame them. Maybe it was the football gods I was talking about doing their thing. 2- 0 before you could blink was sort of weird. Not sure how it was three and couldn't believe it was four.

I and a few others around me thought that Leyton Orient were Argyle in a different shirt. They looked so much like and played so much like we have in many games this season. Could pass the ball for England but didn't shoot when they perhaps could have. Not once not twice but time after time. If you remember that was us for many many games. I cannot for the life of me see why they have won their last three. Not only that but they have played some decent sides in that time. We on the other hand couldn't seem to miss in the first half.

In the second we took the foot off the pedal and they had the ball way more than we did. A couple of chances went begging and it was their own fault they scored nil. 3 points, good goal difference from this one and we move on to the Derby match next weekend. Exeter lost so that will give the green army something to hang onto. Good result for us but not entirely sure how it was by that score.

14. AWAY IN BC

AWAY IN BC Well-Known Member

Barnpark end 4 Devonport end 0

15. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Seems one of those games when everything you do comes off....and even helped with the first goal when the Ref didn't see an hand ball.

Carl Fletcher's first game in charge is one that he'll want to forget....bad memories for him as a young manager for Argyle and Orient last night.

I do remember with respect Fletcher's last post-match interview the day he got sacked from Argyle....he talked about the match and then told us that he had just been given the chop....yet he still came and talked to the press....a difficult time for him and the club post-administration....he learnt the tough side of management without tasting the good side at all.....lets hope he has gained more experience with his time at Bournemouth....where dreams can come true....lets hope some of it has rubbed off on to him.

With Argyle in the ascendancy at present and Exeter coming off the rails in recent games....Saturday could be interesting....seems to work keeping Mayor out of the starting eleven....lets not change anything.

16. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Let's not count our Saturday chickens before they are hatched but we do seem to be moving the right way again now!

Just the teeny tiniest hint of handball on the first goal wasn't there? Still, those things even out in the long run.

17. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Checked the video a few times and it was clearly punched towards goal with his right fist by his right ear.....keeper did well to keep it out....it looked so blatant.

18. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

We have been on the end of a whole load of bad Ref decisions this season up to now. There have been a half dozen stone wall penalties we didn't get and a few other dubious decisions against. For once the howling cock up by the Ref was for us rather than against. Not proud of it as it was blatant but I will accept it as a gift from the football gods to even out ball boy gate. Told you they would.

19. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Just watched...Match Day Moments...Rudden's hand ball is very clearly on video....were the Ref and Lino's the on people not to see it ?

20. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Just watched...Match Day Moments...Rudden's hand ball is very clearly on video....were the Ref and Lino's the on people not to see it ?