1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread versus Exeter

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Oct 27, 2022.

1. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Going to give you all plenty of time to get into this one. I have just read that the Referee for the game is none other than Charlie Breakspear. What have we ever done to the FA is what I would ask. The last person we need for a local derby like this is a man who thinks the games he officiates is his own personal look at me match. And it's on tele which will make him probably even worse. Anyway we all know we should win this one but if you are looking for a team to upset you perfect home record then who would look much further than 40 miles up the road. I'm going to be positive even though I think 8pm on a Monday is a completely stupid time and day for a game. We will win this one for sure............{won't we?}

COYG

2. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

One thing to say just in case 'enjoy the day'
    Is it 8pm ko UK time?

3. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

4. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

We are practicing for when we get into the Prem.

5. AWAY IN BC

AWAY IN BC Well-Known Member

12 noon here in BC.

6. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Clocks go back this weekend so body clock wise it will be 9pm.

7. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Just noticed the weather forecast for tonight. Apparently it's going to get a bit stormy so the walk home at the end of the match might not be the greatest. It might be stormy on the pitch in match time so the last thing you want is to get blown away after it. On the other hand it might put off the morons in the park after the game. As I type this it has just started raining and the beeb weatherman has just come on to confirm the worst.

8. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

9. notDistantGreen

Poor start from Argyle, unable to play through the thirds. Soft goal conceded with a mistake from Edwards and then Mumba.

Mumba then redeemed himself with determined trickery near the corner flag; slipped it back to Randell who clipped a delightful curving pass which Whittaker anticipated. One touch, shot, goal.

Better in the second quarter than the first: need to improve further to do ourselves justice.

10. RTB

RTB Well-Known Member

11. notDistantGreen

Once again not at our best but then again, this was a local derby in the real meaning of the phrase.

A rate mistake by Scarr let them in to retake the lead. It was clear Schumacher needed to make changes. I thought perhaps even 3 up
    front with Grant, Randell & Houghton in midfield and go long as we hadn’t had much luck playing through. I didn’t think Hardie should come on as he’s been off the pace lately. So he does come on and scores two goals brimming with arrogance in 15 minutes. Hmmm.

Credit to Exeter for making it hard. They are lively up front. But in the end, collective belief and togetherness with flashes of class from Whittaker. Mumba & Hardie got us though.

12. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Not for the faint hearted this one....Argyle go on and on....we always score....even when things aren't going smoothly......We're looking a top two finishing promotion team

13. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

We were not at our best. That's the only opolace you could start a comment. We just were not at it at all and it wasn't a surprise when Exeter took the lead. Not that they had been great either. The weather was playing a part. Not so much the wind but the slippery surface and it was not a night for Mayor like turns on a sixpence. But, no sooner had they taken the lead then we were level. Second half and nothing much changed. We were sloppy, Scarr was to blame unusually, and we found ourselves down yet again. Then there was Mumba who frankly had had an on and off night up to then. The goal he scored was a worldy and worth entrance money on it's own. Still it wasn't looking special but Schuey made changes once again. Hardie was introduced and I commented to Son than he was due a goal and sure enough he got two.

Not sure what to make of the performance but it was just about the right one and we march on still undefeated at home. There was so much that could go wrong tonight but didn't in the end. Schuey is a shoe in for MOM prize yet again. Retained his title. Wow how often has that happened.

14. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I forgot to mention Charlie the Ref. How remiss of me. Actually he was very good tonight which almost sticks in the wind pipe to say. He was unbiased and let the game flow even if one or two of the challenges maybe should have been free kicks. A Derby game and not one booking. A little fussy at times but overall was not the nightmare perhaps we expected or at least I expected. Good job Charles 9 0ut of 10.

15. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

Can we sign Mumba and Whittaker permanently.....a real shame not too as both workhorses!