1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread versus Charlton

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Dec 22, 2020.

1. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Will it be on or will it fall victim to the dreaded Tier 4..........

I think the question is beginning to be the main point "should it be on". Can we win it if it is? I don't know anymore so lets just say yes.

COYG

2. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Just need to repeat the Cup result.

3. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

Happy with a point but if this is the turning point then prove it...COYG.

4. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Only six games on in Div1 now.

5. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Cooper, Watts, Canavan, Aimson, Edwards, MacLeod, Grant, Camara, Mayor, Jephcott, Hardie.

Subs
    McCormick, Wootton, Nouble, Telford, Reeves, Moore, Fornah.

No Opoku in squad....is he injured....or has he gone back to Fulham as well ?

6. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Charlton...1-2...Plymouth A....H/T

Gunter...32mins,,,,,,Jephcott...6 & 36mins

Looked like a foul for there goal.

7. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Much better again. Dangerous up front and closing down and defending much better.

8. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

At the start I had a Premier game commentary......when it was put right I then got Charlton commentary.....and no excitement of course when Argyle scored.

9. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Poor Referee....giving Charlton throws and goal kicks when the ball should have been Argyle's....and boring commentary as well.

10. notDistantGreen

We got very little from that referee.

Much better again but we could have won that with better attention to detail. Occasional sloppy passing (Camera) and poor defending - Connor Grant just had to stand in front of that w**ker Maddison but dived in to concede the equaliser.

Still onward and upward.

11. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Charlton...2-2...Argyle

Gunter 32mins...Maddison...67mins

Jephcott...6mins & 36mins

We should have won this against a poor looking Charlton.

The Ref I felt was poor with some of his decisions....corner we should have had....throw-ons wrongly given to the home side.

The i-Follow commentary was Charlton orientated....no enthusiasm at all when Argyle scored.....in fact Jephcott's second I thought had been disallowed by the tone of the woman commentator.....you need something better than that......no i-Follow stats at all so I assume they were all on holiday.

Camara did his share again so my MoM.

12. AWAY IN BC

AWAY IN BC Well-Known Member

Poor commentary so i took my earphones off.

13. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Comment to son ref commentary. Who the feck are these people. To think some of the pasoti faithful complain about the radio devon lot. She was dreadful and the bloke was just as bad. The Ref did give us little. In fact he didn't give us an absolute stonewall penalty which none of you seem to mention. Defender in the box stoops to head the ball. Ball clearly hits his hand/arm and is cleared. Argyle appeal with no joy whatsoever. If that had been in the Prem even with VAR it would have been given with no referal. The clearest decision all day and it is not a wonder we have had no penalties at all this season so far. That was supposed to have been an experienced man with the whistle. I have to say that I thought we were cheated.

Apart from that I also think Argyle played well most of the time. Coupe of times we contrived to make our own lives difficult but then again so did they at times as well. If we had lost today it would have been a travesty.

14. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Personally I feel we should get better quality than this for our £10.....dismal monotone commentary....with no input for the away fans but a very bland female commentator.... whose voice showed no interest when Argyle scored...leaving you for a moment thinking that maybe the goal had been disallowed.

There was one moment when Argyle were lining up a defensive wall... and the commentator said more than once that they had five in the wall....when clearly to anyone who was looking that there was six in the wall.

Also the one camera view we were given is just not good enough....no close ups....no different angle to compare attacks or defending with....just a poor overall experience all together.

A foul on an Argyle player moments before Charlton scored their first equalizer was passed over without much interest from the commentator.

A possible Argyle penalty when a diving header from a Charlton player in the box was hard to see... from the single angle view... that maybe a hand or arm might of been involved in the clearance....not much response from the commentary team of course....who really didn't know much beyond their notes about Argyle.....just not good enough.

15. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

The Commentators did mention the handball and the bloke, Phil Parkinson I believe, said it was a hand. I thought it was a hand first time around but will guarantee it doesn't appear in any match video. Because of the Covid thing the Devon commentators could not share the facilities with the London radio people hence the away commentary only. We had better get used to this because my guess is we will get a lot more away commentators before the season is out. I just hope they pick a few more interesting people than the London lot.

16. notDistantGreen

You have missed the best commentator muck up, which was when she said Lee Bowyer wouldn't be happy with something his Plymouth Argyle players had done.

17. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

.....and Canavan was Prior all the time.....did she ever look at the paperwork.

18. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Assuming she was even watching the match of course. To be fair there was a fair few cockups.

19. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

Calm down Sensible... it's only football <ok>

At Charlton we have given up on ifollow and started our own Club produced service .... not perfect but much better than ifollow

sensiblegreeny likes this.
  20. notDistantGreen

Sensible doesn't do calm. It's one of those things, I'm glad to be able to watch and the choice of commentator isn't down to CAFC.

We need to remember that these people (at least the BBC Radio Devon lot who provide our "home" commentaries) are doing commentaries for radio, not TV and that means they may seem to be telling us the bleedin' obvious that we can see with out own eyes. Secondly, TV commentators probably base a lot of what they say looking at the monitor screen, not out of the window so their commentary is consistent with what the viewer sees. These radio bod are not necessarily even on the same side of the ground as the camera and so may miss things the camera sees.