1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread versus Bristol Rovers

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Dec 10, 2020.

1. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Apparently this is the team we have played most against in our time and theirs. It is 146 so there must be a whole load of reasons we owe them a kicking. I have neither the time nor inclination to be bothered to look them up. Also apparently we haven't won in the last 6 attempts at their ground. That one will do on it's own.

Now having used the expression "owe them a kicking" I maybe should be a tad more careful with the wording. The Ref on Saturday has shown 54 yellows so far this season in 14 matches. He hasn't yet shown any Reds. However, also apparently the last time he Refereed us he sent two of ours off in the game. We don't therefore like this man already. Maybe we should give him a kicking before he gets out of the carpark.

Like us they haven't been ripping up trees so far this season and they have employed that man who was at those up the road who we allegedly like least of all; We can win this one but we will need to turn up for 90 minutes this time.

COYG

2. smhbcfc

smhbcfc Well-Known Member

Look luck lads - the red half of Bristol are on your side <applause>

sensiblegreeny likes this.
  3. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Not rooting for us that much smh you put us down for a draw in the prediction thread...............shame on you.

4. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

With four consecutive league defeats in a row...avoiding defeat today becomes rather necessary....with a goal difference of 2-12 it is rather obvious that sealing up the leaks at the back is important.....A fifth defeat would be ringing the bell of worry regarding Ryan Lowe's ability to keep us in this division.....two relegations in three seasons would not look good...especially on the green armies confidence in Lowe being the right man.

5. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

M Cooper, Watts, Opoku, Aimson, Fornah, Camara, Edwards, Grant. Reeves, Jephcott, Hardie.

Subs
    McCormick, Wootton, Nouble, MacLeod, Telford, Moore, G Cooper.

6. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

2-0...Kilgour...7mins...McCormick..26 mins,

No defence....simple as that.

7. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

2-0...H/T

Need to turn this around....if it continues like this Argyle will start to look like relegation fodder.

!7th at the moment....only 3pts above a relegation spot.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2020
  8. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Finished the half strongly but too late: poor defending had thrown it away by then.

Can't go on like this if we are to stay in this division.

9. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Argyle needing goals....take Jephcott off for Telford....:headbang:.

10. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

3-0...F/T....Westbrooke adds a third in 85 minutes.

Poor defending gave Rovers a cushion of two goals after 26 minutes......Argyle tried hard in the second half....but they might be there until Christmas without scoring.

What worried me was that Rovers looked quite ordinary and Argyle just didn't have any attacking power....especially when Jephcott was subbed yet again.

I'm beginning to worry that Ryan Lowe is just a con-artist and how he got promotion last year was just a flook.

At half-time I was wondering if I could possible turn it off and get £5 refunded.

11. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

I'm getting to the point where I can't watch this stuff.

We were much better in the final 60 minutes but it's too late when you've conceded 2 ridiculously soft goals. And even then, we've lost the second half 1-0 anyway.

Confidence must be rock bottom and I can't see how we pull out of it.

I'd put MCormick in, not because Cooper has done much wrong but perhaps a more experienced keeper can shout the defence better. And Canavan in for Opuku who doesn't seem to be able to go 90 minutes without at least one howler. Other than that, I can't imagine.

12. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

Would never have lasted last season after layoff imagining playing Exeter in playoffs...no way!!
    Tisdale laughing his socks off tonight!
    Changes needed now so bring in the youngsters if cannot buy...this is outrageous!

13. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

After guns blazing before this....like Lowe said you get hammered 5-1 fair enough but you make sure it doesn't happen again in near future but happened four more times since. Ok we had possession but why still get hammered lol!

14. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

Just watched RL comments but was deeply concerned and let down...

15. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

I see we easily won the stats....trouble is they don't give you points for that.

16. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Just listened to Ryan Lowe's post match comments....seemed very despondent....and when asked if he was looking forward to quickly getting another game Tuesday away to Crewe to put things right....he said no I'm not looking forward to any football at the moment.

Things are getting bad....I still cannot understand why you take your best striker off who has scored 9 goals....when your desperate for some one to score....that is now 5 games....no wins...no draws...5 defeats....2 goals for...and a massive 15 against....we're heading towards beating our 80 goals against season of 2018/19 if we keep this up.....and Wootton and Canavan weren't even playing today.

17. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Just been reading comments elsewhere about the theme that is developing of taking your captain Edwards off at half-time each week...and also subbing your top scorer Jephcott regularly after roughly 65 minute each week.....questions being asked.....:huh:.

18. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

There really isn't anything much to say is there. Woeful and predictable wasn't it. We give away goals in the first 10 minutes every game these days and are then chasing. The defence, if that's what you can call it, is terrible. The Commentary today said at one stage when we were facing a dead ball situation "they practice these things all the time in training". Really???? I would love to see them practice because how to let a goal in and do nothing must take hours to perfect. I'm almost glad not to be able to go at the moment.

If Lowe said he isn't looking forward to his next match then that's also a bit shocking. It's what he gets paid for and it does not send any confidence signals to his players does it. It is times like this that a person's metal is tested and you see what they are really made of.

19. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

Like someone said on PA free chat site. Stevie Wonder could do a better job sorting this lot out <laugh>

20. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Just noticed that Rovers have one of the worse home records in the league.....and we of course the worse away record in the league.

Even with their easy 3-0 win their home figures read.....2 wins...1 draw...5 defeats...8 goals for and 14 goals against.....what the hell does that tell you about Argyle under Ryan Lowe....other than he's getting it very wrong and he isn't learning the lessons from that.

On paper I wouldn't say that Argyle's playing staff are the worse in the league....they just look that because of how Lowe want's them to play.....and as I've asked before...who the hell trains the defence.....because they all look individuals.....being made to ponce around playing keepy ball at the back...and they don't look good enough and are risking being closed down too often.

Kell Watts looks a great young prospect.....Will Aimson has played well recently.....Jerome Opoku is okay but can look a little fragile when under pressure.....Niall Canavan is reasonable 95% of the time.....Scott Wootton...you just know he'll cock it up at least once a game...but has played a blinder now and again.

They have conceded between them 30 goals in 16 games...so over a 46 game season that equates to 86.25 goals against....okay forget the quarter of a goal....that is 6 more than two years back when Argyle got relegated....and we had the scoring threat of Carey, Sarcevic and Lameiras to compensate that defence.....this season we have only Jephcott scoring goals...and of course being taken off early each game.....maybe Lowe is trying to be sacked.....so he can get back up north for regular Lancashire hot-pot.....I hope I.m joking....but there is just a doubt or two developing that really he is just a lightweight when the pressure comes on.....What's the betting against a defeat on Tuesday at Crewe....six defeats in a row and a step nearer the bottom.

I'll say Happy Christmas now everyone....because maybe in a few games time I might not feel able too.