1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread versus Bolton

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Oct 17, 2021.

1. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

There has been a lot of chat this season about Bolton and whether they are on their way back up the leagues now. Some of their results have been pretty good but then again others have not. They have scored a lot of goals but on the other hand have also let a lot of goals in. They are coming off the back of a 4 - 0 Home defeat but then again that was against Wigan who are just about everyone's fancy for auto promotion.

I'm not going to blow the Argyle trumpet because that is a sure way to a defeat. What I will say is that we are on a roll which we all know will come to an end sooner or later. There is no reason why given our current record that we cannot win this one so I'm going to tempt fate and say we will. We are I think a better team than even I give them credit for,

COYG

2. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Been keeping an eye out of the window this evening and have to say that if this was match night I would not be surprised if it was off. Not the rain nor wind but the bleddy fog. It's been a right pea souper tonight and I think the forecast for tomorrow is much the same. I'm hoping it will improve because it won't be too pleasant sat in the ground, never mind getting too and from it.

3. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

95% chance of rain at kick off with a 19mph SW breeze. Lovely and right in your face Sensible.

4. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Whacking it down and supposed to continue doing it. Apparently there is no inspection planned. I know it drains well now but if this carries on it might ruin a football match and make it a skid test. Am not looking forward to getting there or back.

5. notDistantGreen

The weather radar shows the worst has just passed us but isn't goingto stop raining.

6. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Game is on.

Cooper, Grant, Galloway, Scarr, Wilson, Edwards, Broom, Houghton, Camara, Garrick, Hardie.

Subs
    Burton, Gillesphey, Mayor, Agard, Randell, Law, Jephcott.

7. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

1-0...Galloway...6mins

8. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

2-0...Grant...15mins

9. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

2-0...H/T

10. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

3-0...Broom...90+4 mins

11. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

3-0...F/T.

Defence keep a clean sheet.

12. notDistantGreen

What a strange game. Argyle dominated the first half and were well worth 2-0.

Whether Bolton did something different or Argyle were content to sit back I don't know but the second half was more of a stalemate. A stalemate with Bolton having most of the ball but not really ever looking too threatening.

The stalemate was broken when both sides were forced to switch to water polo. I won't spoil the 3rd goal. It has to be seen in all its glory.

Three points, three scored, none conceded deserved overall without a doubt. Still too early to get carried away.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
  13. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Well the worst had definitely not passed us by. The conditions at the end of that game were terrible and if the downpour had been at the start I don't think we would have played. Getting to the car to get home was a nightmare and it put me in mind of the Leicester game being abandoned some years back.

The conditions definitely played a part in the two halves. We played with the wind in the first and used the ball very well. How it was only 2 - 0 at halftime I'm not sure. We created loads. The second half they had the favour of the conditions. They then had the majority of the play but we defended well and they beat on the door without looking like breaking it down. The pitch got worse and worse as the last 20 minutes got under way. We did well to intercept the ball numerous times without really looking like breaking away that far. But it broke up their play. At the death we made sure but we had the points by then anyway and were worth it.

Just one little rider. We adopted the black arts tactics in the second half and the longer the game went on the more we did it. Bolton were getting well hacked off and kept at the Ref constantly. We would have had it been the other way around. I think the conditions had a lot to do with that but if we don't like other sides doing it to us then we shouldn't applaud when our's do it.

14. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Seen the highlights video....that third goal was scored against the tide....and took four Argyle players to push it through the water......without a Bolton player swimming back to defend.

Good job the game was near the end....else it might of been abandoned.

15. notDistantGreen

It was all over social media last night!

Ryan Hardie is claiming it BTW, generously giving Ryan Broom an assist. It's plain he lives to score goals.