1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread versus Blackpool

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Dec 28, 2017.

1. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Nice day at the seaside and a lovely stick of rock.......................what could possibly go wrong.

I've been looking at the stats once more and was a bit surprised to see what they were. Our last 5 games have produced 3 wins, one draw and one loss. Blackpool's have produced 4 losses and one draw. One point for them out of fifteen is the sort of form we had at the start of the season. This is the third game in short time and the second away from home on the trot. I hope fatigue doesn't come into this for us. I'm reluctant to write us off currently for any reason so hopeful we might prevail despite the miles travelled (are you listening Mr Oldham Manager)

COYG lets make this a special christmas results wise................

2. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

Quietly optimistic on this game...possible 6pts up for grabs in coming days.

3. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

Looking forward to jumping in the car at early o'clock tomorrow (not) - fortunately staying up there overnight Sat before driving back in time for Monday's match. Confident that we can pull off another smash and grab.

4. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Weather quite bad up north....lots of snow....could be a few games threatened ?

5. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Blackpool being by the seaside might not be as white as a number of inland clubs if there is snow about the area. Talking about lousy weather boy was it bleddy wild down here this morning. Not heard rain on my window like that for quite a while and the boom bang a bang thunder and rather bright lightening was a bit of a worry. I hope people drive safe tomorrow and that the match isn't called off if they've travelled all that way.

6. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

I was thinking about the state of the roads for travelling up there....TV pics looked pretty dour.

Similar weather up here sensible first thing (without the thunder and lightening)...but by 10am it had turned out quite nice.

7. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

You'd have been forgiven for thinking the storm this morning was an opening salvo in a first world war movie before the troops went over the top. I expect BC is chuckling at our distress at the snowflakes bit.

8. AWAY IN BC

AWAY IN BC Well-Known Member

Actually we are having a blizzard right now even the Motorways are closed.
    The snow plows are doing their best but in a losing battle.
    I did close up the Cabin for the winter but forgot to shut the door to the Log Shed
    No doubt Mrs & Mrs Bear will use it for the winter.
    Ottawa is the coldest Capital in the world right now at -29.

9. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Blimey....-29 our temperature gauges wouldn't be able to show that sought of reading.

10. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Argyle 1-0....Lameiras on 39 minutes.....up to 15th.

11. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Argyle 2-0....Carey on 45 minutes....:emoticon-0169-dance:emoticon-0169-dance:emoticon-0169-dance:emoticon-0169-dance:emoticon-0169-dance

12. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

Probably a fair result in end but had our backs to wall in second half I believe. Last bloody second too.

13. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

2-2....Blackpool equalize in the 4th minute of injury time.....drop 5 places back to 20th....:headbang:.

14. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Not feeling well today and have a crap really heavy cold/flu so was stuck in. I was a bit happier until the results started to come in and I was waiting for Argyle's to be confirmed. 94th bleddy minute...................again. I wondered if we had tried to defend our lead. Well, having read the other boards this evening I guess that about sums it up. We were up to 15th and now we are 20th. Very disappointed once more although in the cold light of day it is an away point.

15. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

We could of been 13th if we had not dropped 4pts by late injury times goals today and against Rotherham....just to cheer you up sensible.

Touch of man-flu by the sounds of it sensible....got to get better for the next home game.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE.

16. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

To be honest Plym I don't think I'll be going on Monday. Would be a bit stupid to hand on whatever it is to a load of other people.

17. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

Just back-well in Manchester overnight. Great drive up this morning left PL3 at 0700 and was outside the ground by 1200-nothing on the road and not a snowflake to be seen anywhere. Anyway on to the game. A pretty poor affair to be be honest but incredibly tense in the last 15mins. The pitch and ref were not good and both sides looked tired in the unpleasant weather. Slightly surprised the same 11 started but I guess it was the 'never change a winning side' thing. Good to see Ruben on the scoresheet; though their keeper might have done better, and I wiil go as far as to say Carey's was the best strike I have seen this season by anyone in any team. Fox missed an absolute sitter and the ref inexplicably didnt award them a pen for a bit of volleyball by Yann. Blackpool battered us in the last 20 mins and without doubt deserved a point but failing to clear when given the opportunity aided them with both goals. Hate watching football in a (near) empty stadium but it was a fair result.
    Very quick turnaround (for everyone) in time for Monday so I expect DA might freshen things up a bit. Going to give GC10 my MOTM if only for that goal.

18. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Just watched the goals and have to say it's like watching the same goal over and over for their first. We must have had at least 5 goes at clearing it and it ends up in the net. I have seen us concede that very same goal a half dozen times this season. Have they never heard the expression "put your fecking foot through it". For the second, what the hell was Threkeld doing just punting the ball across the pitch outside his own area. Very disappointing goals to concede once more.

Carey's goal was superb once more but we all know what he can do when he gets it right.

: and