1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

VDV Says Yes To The EUROPA!

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Spurf, May 18, 2011.

1. Spurf

Spurf Thread Mover
    Forum Moderator

"Rafael van der Vaart believes another European campaign will be invaluable to Tottenham Hotspur's development even if it comes in the derided Europa League.

The Dutch international's manager, Harry Redknapp, has not been enthused at the prospect of swapping Spurs' Champions League adventure for Europe's second-tier event next season, despite his revised aim to finish in fifth place. That target is within Redknapp's reach after Spurs overtook Liverpool with the 2-0 win at Anfield on Sunday and Van der Vaart, who opened the scoring on Merseyside, insists Tottenham would benefit from a Europa League campaign this autumn.

"We always want to play in Europe. I think it is good to have the experience from the Europa League and it would also be a nice title to win. So why not?" he said. "I like every year to be playing every two days or three days. It's really important to have Europe. You saw this year that having a Champions League season has helped us. It is so important for the players and that is why we want to make sure we win next week against Birmingham"

www.guardian.co.uk/football/...

I agree with with him.

Although it could be argued that CL has not done much for our league performances.

2. Thudd

Thudd Guest

3. Look-at-Modric

Look-at-Modric New Member

CL will have turned heads but hopefully they will stay and help us get in it again!

4. Super Injunction

If you keep the players you have at the moment you could go far in the Europa cup :)

5. Thudd

Thudd Guest

No Mr Nice.. It is obvious who you are! shame about all your other accounts eh?