1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Valencia 2 Chelsea 2

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by The Ginger Marks, Nov 27, 2019.

1. The Ginger Marks

What a game! Had everything, Slack defending, great saves 7 bookings a penalty save, VAR goal. all in all sad we couldn't hold on but they were worth a draw.

Naas Blue and armchairblue like this.
  2. armchairblue

armchairblue Well-Known Member

Yep....we're great entertainment at the moment.Kepa and the defence kept me on edge<laugh><laugh>
    Would like to see us try 3 at the back with Marcus and Reece as the wingbacks,i'm just curious<laugh>

Naas Blue and The Ginger Marks like this.
  3. Naas Blue

Naas Blue Well-Known Member

Absolute cracker of a game. Win at the Bridge against Lille and we're through. Hope every Chelsea fan is enjoying this season as much as i am !!! Hopefully Tammy's injury is not too bad.

The Ginger Marks likes this.
  4. Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys

Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys Well-Known Member

We played well and it was a thriller for sure. However, you know that teams with more clinical finishers would have destroyed us last night.
    I’m also starting to see what people’s issue with Kepa is. Man, he was all over the place last night.

Blueman likes this.
  5. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Kepa is ****. New keeper is the main priority for me. Yeah he saved a pen, but he was **** on both goals and his kicking is awful. Not just tonight but most the season. Waste of money, ****ing clown.

6. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

He is a serious worry, great reflex stopper but he's all over the shop playing out and kicking out. Needs a really good boot up the ring piece and a back up keeper who can match him for his position. Unless he grows up, I'd be looking elsewhere for next season.
    Great game to watch though, had everything. Tammy still doesn't convince me either, just not involved enough against good teams. Looked a bad injury, hope it's not broken ribs. How good is Kovacic?? Top man this season.

7. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

He’s been shocking recently yeah, I do think he’ll get better but I’m basing that on how De Gea started in England. Took him a good 18 months at least to get rid of all his mistakes.

8. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Was it his hip?

I thought we were poor last night

Christensen all at sea.

Need to get Rudi fit alongside Tomori

9. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

I think Kepa will be okay if we persevere, this season is a learning curve for everyone

10. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Agree. Massive overreaction

11. The Ginger Marks

Christensen whilst half way decent was off the boil, looked short of match fitness, Timori better. Kovacic was massive as Was Kante & Willian along with James.

12. Blueman

How so? He's the most expensive keeper ever, a Spanish international. His positioning is absolutely shocking, he doesn't control his area, his kicking is crap and nearly everytime someone shoots from any distance, it goes in. Sorry but I just don't rate him.

13. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Fair enough but he's only the most expensive keeper because that's what the buy out was and we were desperate. It's not his fault. He is young, in a new league, new county etc. I'm happy enough with him and if we had a half decent defence in front of him it would help. Our centre halfs are more of a worry IMO.

I think he's been unlucky as well. Those cross/shot goals in the Ajaz game and game last night were utter fluckes and it's happened in the last 2 C.L games to him.

14. armchairblue

armchairblue Well-Known Member

I think Kepa must know he has to improve,i'd give him the rest of the season hoping Cech can have some sort of influence
    over him.Thought Tomori not starting last night was a mistake after his recent game time and understanding with Zouma.
    Don't think Frank can drop Reece James,the boy is special in my book has looked very good every time i've seen him.
    To really challenge Pool and City feel we need a world class leftback and striker and Kepa and the defence to improve,maybe
    Rudiger will be enough.Very happy with how things are going.COYB'S.

15. Blueman

Sorry but he fills me with dread. Time will tell, though I'm not too hopeful.

16. Chelsea Pensioner

Agree, he is struggling with parts of his game , but brilliant at others. He will obviously play rest of season, should improve with Cechs help and maybe become the player we bought. Christensen looked short of a gallop and Tomori maybe should have started. Reece James is likely to get a lot more game time, but he's going like a train when he plays. Tammy needs to strengthen up, which he will do with age anyway, right now he's shunted around too much by defenders and has little success in taking on defenders, he often loses the ball or gets bowled over. He's no Drogba, but he might be in time.General play is excellent, but scoring rate is dipping.I'm for giving Michy a bit more game time to see if he's any better. Left back is our weakest link.

armchairblue likes this.
  17. Blueman

I would love to see Ben Chilwell in our team. Massive upgrade on what we currently have.

armchairblue likes this.
  18. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Plus he is my homie.
    Chilwell is from Milton Keynes!

Him and Delle Alli repping my City <ok>

19. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Agree on Chilwell. Plus Haaland and Van Der Beek. To replace likely outgoings in Alonso, Giroud and Pedro.

I think we need a top centre half as well but they are so expensive and hard to come by now so we probably hope Rudiger and Tomori can stay fit and form a top partnership.

20. Chelsea Pensioner

Have a word to them , you might swing them our way !!! Especially Chilwell, he really looks the business and is exactly the age we need.