1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread v MCFC

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by Foxy in Foyle, May 13, 2017.

1. Foxy in Foyle

Foxy in Foyle Well-Known Member

Team :
    Schmeichel; Simpson, Benalouane, Fuchs, Chilwell; Mahrez, Ndidi, King, Albrighton; Okazaki, Vardy.

Subs: Zieler, Musa, Amartey, Kapustka, Slimani, Gray, Wasilewski

2. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Really disappointing that Shakespeare would rather have a LB in the centre of defense (who has never played there as part of a back 4 incidentally) over someone who was in the ACON team of the tournament in that position.

3. Foxy in Foyle

Foxy in Foyle Well-Known Member

The back 4 are in for a busy afternoon.

And 1-0....

4. HarboroughFox

HarboroughFox Well-Known Member

Cracking goal from Shinji.

We are being totally over run and are lucky to be still in it.

It's a dead rubber for us, so let's just go for it. Hope Kapustka gets a run out.

5. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

Well that was an interesting second half! Unlucky not to get a point, but hey ho, the desire is still there and thats the most important thing.

6. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

Can't fault the players. That refs a joke, he's constantly bailed Spurs out against us and even looking past the big decisions that was such a frustrating stop start game. Let it ****ing flow twat! Under the current offside rules that goal shouldn't have stood although I don't think he touched it Kaper was adamant it was interfering. Crap pen by Mahrez but if we're getting technical, players were encroaching so surely a retake?
    Overall we should have had a point. Laughable to see money bags Man City clinging on in the corner time wasting against us!
    Also what a bunch of moaning twat fans! I've seen a comment from one slating the ref for playing 10 mins of added time when he said 7. Is this person oblivious to the fact the game didn't start again until 92 mins due to Otamendi lying on the floor and a sub? Rant over

AstroFox and HarboroughFox like this.
  7. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

Two 'laws' of the game that are both open to the interpretation and common sense of the referee went against us and cost us at least a point. The ref's assistant in the first half was no better, deciding that Kasper had not kept the ball in play even though the guy was on the far side of the pitch and his view would have been blocked by Kasper's body. He was just guessing. The decision led to 2 corners that thankfully we managed to get away.

On the positive side I thought we showed tremendous character, fight and ability, and Man City knew they'd been in a game. Chilwell looked assured most of the time against Sterling, and he has great pace and ability going forwards. Benalouane seems to be getting better although that was a ridiculous challenge that gave the penalty away; the guy went in with the wrong foot. But we've seen Wes do the same on more than one occasion. I thought Kingy and Ndidi had reasonably solid games as well, although some of Ndidi's first half play was sloppy. Okazaki had one of his better games and showed some great touches. He's fine as long as he doesn't have too much time to think, and the goal was typical of the sort he scores. Albrighton was invaluable again both defending and attacking. The only downside for me, unfortunately, was Mahrez. He was back to his usual jogging back game when we were getting torn apart on our right side with Sane. He was okay going forwards but we needed all hands to the pump when we were defending, and he just wasn't there.

Two home wins to round off the season would be great.

LeicesterWizard likes this.
  8. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Deserved to get something from the game no doubt. Mahrez not tracking back doesn't bother me that much. Showed why he's worth silly money in the way the City defence just couldn't handle him in the second half - I think Clichy is still revolving even now <laugh>..

He'll probably be gone in the summer and then we will miss the excitement he brings whenever he is running at defenders - but he'll go with my best wishes - there are a number of players in the team that we could have replaced and still have won the title last season. Mahrez certainly isn't one - him Vardy and Kante took all the playing awards going for very good reasons - the 3 were "the perfect storm" ... :cool:

LeicesterWizard likes this.
  9. BucksFox

I wonder if Mahrez not tracking back worries Danny Simpson. The poor guy is always caught with 2 attackers against him which makes him look bad at times. I just don't understand how Mahrez can show some determination and defensive qualities against Atletico and then be allowed to get away with making no attempt at Man City. Actually, I understand totally ... the guy was showcasing himself against Atletico. Total lack of respect for his team 'mates'.

10. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Heard Danny speak about Riyad before ...it doesn't. He appreciates the mercurial talent that Mahrez is ... some mix the paint and some are artists...thank God for the artists ...:)

11. BucksFox

..... and damn the shirkers! <laugh>

Just 2 more games to go and I won't have my blood pressure raised by the guy ever again.