1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread v Chelsea

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by Foxy in Foyle, Feb 1, 2020.

1. Foxy in Foyle

Foxy in Foyle Well-Known Member

Team news:

Leicester City XI: Schmeichel, Pereira, Evans, Soyuncu, Chilwell, Choudhury, Tielemans, Maddison, Perez, Barnes, Vardy.

Ndidi was named in the initial team but has been withdrawn at the last minute and is replaced by Choudury. Will be a big miss.

Subs:
    Subs: Ward, Justin, Fuchs, Praet, Gray, Albrighton, Iheanacho.

#LeiChe

2. MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN

MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN Active Member

really feels like a must win as after Tuesday 's heartbreak confidence could be shattered:emoticon-0101-sadsm:emoticon-0101-sadsm:emoticon-0101-sadsm:emoticon-0101-sadsm:emoticon-0101-sadsm:emoticon-0101-sadsm:emoticon-0101-sadsm:emoticon-0101-sadsm:emoticon-0101-sadsm:emoticon-0101-sadsm:emoticon-0101-sadsm:emoticon-0101-sadsm:emoticon-0101-sadsm:emoticon-0101-sadsm:emoticon-0101-sadsm

3. Foxy in Foyle

Could've and should've won that but a point gained and gap maintained to Chelsea.

4. MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN

MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN Active Member

yep agreed foxy .. but our next set of six looks tough (don't they all)
    wolves away (would be happy with a point)
    man city at home (ditto)
    norwich away (have to be aiming for 3)
    villa home (hopefully revenge 3 points)
    watford away (to be honest I can see us losing to big nigel and craig) so would take a point
    brighton home (hopefully bog standard win)

wolves away and man city at home - if we can pick up 2 + points would defo make the next 4 less squeaky bum.
    so out of the next 6 - i am going to predict the following (feel free to differ)

Wolves away - 0 points
    Man City Home - 0 points
    Norwich Away - 3 points
    Villa Home - 3 points
    Watford Away - 0 points
    Brighton Home - 3 points

also I have been looking at the points needed to get into the four - averages about 72 points over the last 10 or so seasons.
    So my unscientific prediction above would give us 58 points with 7 games left - thus 14 points from 7 games.....

However .... the teams below us would definetly need to go on a seriously consistent run though.

5. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

At the moment I'm not confident of us beating anyone. What happened to that meanest defence in the division? We don't look capable of keeping a clean sheet and the intensity has gone out of our game until we go behind.

Of those next 6 games I can only see us getting

Wolves away - 0 points
    Man City Home - 0 points
    Norwich Away - 1 point
    Villa Home - 1 point
    Watford Away - 1 point
    Brighton Home - 3 points

Hope that's just me being pessimistic.

6. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

Pretty good reaction given what happened midweek and Chelsea coming in fresh. Keeper never had a save to make and we could/should have had a couple more. Don't think the non award of a penalty was too harsh, if we had one of those go against us we would be screaming.nice break now for the team to recharge and then go again.

7. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

Barnes and Perez looking at it is good, much better from Chilwell who took his goal well. We created the chances and on another day Barnes, Evans and Vardy put their chances away. But what has happened to us defensively! We look so shakey and Evans is a one man defence. Most games recently show the opponents shots on target pretty much matching goals conceded. Pretty sure less shots would go through Casper the ghost than our Kasper right now.
    At least it kept the gap to Chelsea and Man Utd and Wolves drawing was spot on for us

8. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

Going to be a lower threshold this year with teams constantly beating each other. None are likely to be consistent enough to catch us.

Spurs are 12 behind with 13 to play, they would haveto average almost 1 point more per game to catch us, i don't see it happening.

From where we are now, i'd actually be dissapointed if we finished 4th, even Chelsea are inconsistent. No matter where we finish this season though, it's certainly been better than what i'd hoped at the start of the season.

Although the next few games look difficult, some of these teams will be coming at us, which will leave more spaces in behind, alot like the Chelsea game we technically should have won if not for zonal marking from corners.

Wolves away - 3 points (home team, expected to attack, leaving gaps)
    Man City Home - 0 points (Schmeichel would need to play a blinder)
    Norwich Away - 3 points (1 point not enough for them, will haveto push for 3)
    Villa Home - 3 points (Reeeeeeevveeeennnngeee!)
    Watford Away - 1 point (should be a good matchup tbf, may edge it, but they are fairly good at both ends of the pitch)
    Brighton Home - 1 point (will likely come for a point and won't be easy to break down)

9. Foxy in Foyle

Although we've some difficult games, another thing in our favour is that a lot of the teams in 4th to 8th have to also play each other.

We've been inconsistent of late but are 4th in the form table over the last 6 matches. Those below are more inconsistent.

Agree with wizard, 4th would feel disappointing but it's beyond expectation for the season. I would've snapped your hand off in August.
    They do like to mess with our heads!

: LeiChe