1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread v Caerdydd

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by cronemeister, Aug 14, 2018.

1. cronemeister

cronemeister Well-Known Member

upload_2018-8-14_16-19-18.png

Greetings one and all and welcome back to a new season and hopefully another one of my match winning matchday threads (I have no plans to watch it in the boozer!)

Roald Dahl, Shirley Bassey, Charlotte Church, Griff Rhys-Jones and Ryan Giggs….your boys are gonna take one hell of a beating

Match Details

Date: 18th August 2018 - 12:30 kick off and the game is live on the sky telly box
    Venue: Cardiff City Stadium

Ref Watch

This week’s muppet in the middle is none other than Craig Pawson who opened his premier league account this season in the same fashion as he did last season by sending someone off, Phil Jagielka coming a cropper this time round. Pawson presided over 4 of our games last season, Hudd (a), Bin Dippers (h) and the two ManYoo fixtures.

Opposition

Cardiff opened their premium league campaign in the same fashion as we did, with an opening day defeat away to Bournemouth. Recent H2H history goes in our favour having won 6 out of the last 8 (winning the last 3 on the trot). Hopefully the trend will continue with there being goals and we can take the tally to 4 in a row. Atsu has scored in both of our last two games against them so might be worth a cheeky quid at the bookies if the odds are decent, which they should be as he's likely to be on the bench again.

upload_2018-8-14_11-10-10.png

Pretty much in the city centre, and it's a cracking place actually, I've been there for work years ago and was quite impressed with the place. There’s a Lidl's and a Marksies next to the ground offering travelling fans the opportunity to purchase their “pocket meat” for the match from the posh or bargain basement end of the budgetary scale for those of you interested :)

Captain Morgan (off of the Rum) was born here in 1635 as well as those famous people mentioned at the beginning of this thread.

Anyone fancying paying a visit and taking a ****e on an award winning khazi need venture no further than the Millennium Centre which has won the Loo of the Year awards twice...what an accolade!

Team News

Lejeune is the only long term casualty, news is still awaited on the seriousness of the injury which forced Yedlin from the field on Saturday. If he's fit I'm expecting an unchanged line up, Manquillo will most likely deputise if Yedlin doesn't make it.

My Prediction

1-2 to the Toon (Ritchie and Atsu scoring for us)

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
  2. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

Huh, not as good as the first MDT.

How do we know you won’t go to the Pub? What guarantees do we have?

cronemeister likes this.
  3. cronemeister

a) I'm kinda on a diet and whilst alcohol is not prohibited i'd rather not drink my calorie allowance
    b) Going on holiday soon so saving up me beer vouchers :)
    c) Due to (b) i will most likely be shopping either side of the game with Mrs Meister

But mainly A as i need to try and get in shape for me hols :)

upload_2018-8-14_13-8-49.png

4. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

**** thread. 2-1 to Cardiff.

cronemeister likes this.
  5. cronemeister

so predictable

J. J. McClure likes this.
  6. Dimi

Dimi Active Member

Anyone going to the game?

I might have a spare ticket if anyone is after one.

7. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

I’m in Turkey for another 10 days mate drinking I’m afraid.

Dimi likes this.
  8. General Lee Speaking

General Lee Speaking Well-Known Member

Must be ludicrously cheap out there at the minute? What's a pint set you back?

9. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

Cheapest was 9.75 TL and exchange rate is currently 8 TL to a £. A small coke is 10 TL so it’s cheaper to drink lager.

cronemeister likes this.
  10. General Lee Speaking

Got to watch the pennies!

J. J. McClure and cronemeister like this.

11. General Lee Speaking

To be fair anything you save is going on a kebab at the end of the night isn't it? You are in Turkey after all.

12. Sammy's Silky Skills

Sammy's Silky Skills Well-Known Member

13. G4rdToonArmy

G4rdToonArmy Well-Known Member

Need to pick up three points here as its Chelsea, City, Arsenal next for us. Would be please with 4 points after 5 games.

Thought we were unlucky not to get something vs the Spuds so hope the boys go out and take their frustration out on Cardiff.

14. OOCC charlie

OOCC charlie New Member

Afternoon all, I'm a Cardiff fan visiting from https://onlyonecardiff.city/
    Pay us a visit if you fancy a pre-match chat. Hopefully, the link is allowed, I know some boards are not keen on outside links.
    Are there many of you coming down or has the early kick off put a few off?
    As the OP stated, the stadium now is a decent place to visit for away fans with loads of shops and fast food joints dotted around, also 15mins from the main town center with most pubs accepting away fans these days.
    We were voted the best away day in the championship last season, a huge change from our not too distant past.
    Any questions let me know and I'll keep an eye on your score predictions.
    2-0 to City is mine as I don't think last week was a good representation of what we can achieve this season, though you lot were bloody unlucky with the woodwork in your opener.
    Cheers.

cronemeister likes this.
  15. cronemeister

Welcome to the board and cheers for the post fella :) We generally take up our full allocation of tickets for most away games so there should be good gaggle of us making plenty of noise at your place ! I'm not going sadly and there'll be strong words suggested on here if I even start to think about venturing out to the boozer to watch it so alas I will be firmly rooted to my sofa (damn you Nobby for bringing that back to everybody's attention!)

Wish you luck for the long season ahead mate, I do of course hope your boys get a good tonking on Saturday afternoon :emoticon-0125-mmm:

JakartaToon and OOCC charlie like this.
  16. OOCC charlie

OOCC charlie New Member

Thanks for that, we will need as much luck as we can get through I'm blindly optimistic.
    We were completely written off last season, almost as near as the last few games most pundits expected to see Fulham overtake us so we are happy with underdog status.
    I like Rafa a lot, always comes across as dignified so I wish you well, not this weekend though obviously...

cronemeister and J. J. McClure like this.
  17. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

16TL (£2) for a kebab meal :)

18. cronemeister

****ing hell, 3 pints and keeebab for a fiver ! That is not to be sniffed at like, I'd be all over that like a mackem ****ting on a pink seat !

19. Charlie Dogscock

Charlie Dogscock Well-Known Member

Ah Turkey, went there a few years ago as a veggie, now me and the neo nazi veggie ex have split, I'm gonna go again and savour the meaty goodness!

Re Cardiff, I want us to destroy them and them to get relegated, my hatred for that dick Warnock knows no bounds.

20. G4rdToonArmy

G4rdToonArmy Well-Known Member

He is an easy man to dislike!