1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Using our American Connections

Discussion in 'Derby County' started by Powermetalgod, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Powermetalgod

Powermetalgod New Member

I was sat around thinking about the MLS league and the quality of it. Now we know that some American players have managed to compete in the European leagues e.g Landon Donovan. Now as far as I know we have connections withthe Vancouver Whitecaps through our American owners.
    Does anyone else think it would be a good idea to exploit this relationship and Mabe take on some of their younger talents.
    The American university system produces som fantastic athletes and now they are waking up to the possibility of making money from football more players are trying to go pro in the MLS than just always trying to get into the NHL NBA MLB or NFL. Mabe we could send over some of our younger players as i hear we have some good players in the academy but never use them. I say send them over there to learn. The MLS is getting stronger and it is a very physical league it could really give them some fantastic experience.
    What do you guys think.

2. Ramsforlife

Ramsforlife Member

What about the lower leagues in the english game ie division two or one even and see how they get on,they have obviously binned the development squad idea!!!

3. Powermetalgod

Powermetalgod New Member

Yeah I agree but I don't think we have any real relationships with the lower league clubs. I think if we get a young player who we believe has some potential but we don't have the space to use him or some strange excuse. Then send him to Vancouver. I think the experience would be good if he is any good then he will push himself into the team out there and it would help some of these kids grow into men, a year away from home away from all the distractions and yes men and in a very physical league is a good thing. If he can't hack it out there then he is not good enough for the championship anyway.