1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours United's ever on going rebuild , are we nearly there yet?

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Chief, Apr 3, 2019.

1. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

Good result , CL football guaranteed next season which represents a huge achievement for ETH in his first season at the club. It also means we can rest players for the Fulham game so we can have everyone fit and ready to stuff City at Wembley.

Christiansmith likes this.
  2. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Lets see if Antony is fit.

Garnacho is really coming along. The ground is buzzing when he comes on and always looks like he's going to make something happen.

We HAVE to be getting business done behind the scenes now.

Diego likes this.
  3. glazerfodder

Not too concerned about missing Antony TBH, he has gone off the boil these last few games plus Sancho is a ready made replacement.

cytrax likes this.
  4. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

His workrate/tracking back will be a miss imo.

Diego likes this.
  5. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

If we win the next game, it will be the most points in season since that JM season in 2018 when we won 25 games.

Wasn’t he bought for creativity? I want to see what Sancho and Garnacho can add and maybe Rashford as the lead man in the finals.

glazerfodder likes this.
  6. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

You don't know what Sancho can add? Yet made up your mind about Antony.

City are favourites to win but it's a Cup final and a one off game at Wembley where anything can happen if we're on our game. The least we can do is graft and make it as bloody hard for them as possible.

7. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

Like any matches against the good teams such as City or Barcelona we either win in a tight game or get blown away 5 or 6 nil. IMO depends on how we start. A poor start and conceding early we are in trouble.

Just hope Rashford is getting some of his form back to give them something to think about.

Treble likes this.
  8. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

On current form and end product, Antony gets in ahead of Sancho, I don't even see it as a question.

Already said this but, if people can't see a player in Antony I don't know what they're watching.

Diego likes this.
  9. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

The retarded scousers have been praying, begging, ****ing pleading for a Utd/Newcastle collapse for them to sneak into the CL places. We even gave them hope with 2 unexpected losses but their hopes were only raised to be dashed at the last moment. It is the hope that kills you haha

Salah telling it as it is. An RS who doesn’t try to embellish a poor season is as rare as hen’s teeth.

Last edited: May 27, 2023
    glazerfodder likes this.
  10. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

I do not see this watching the player. Though his work rate is great, the end product is exactly what Antony lacks versus Sancho. But unluckily for Sancho, he barely gets the chance because Antony is the preferred player on the right. Attacks tend to breakdown with Antony always switching back to his preferred foot which slows down the flow. He has played more minutes yet scored less goals and less assists than Sancho who has played 300 minutes less. Right hand side problem is part of the reason why the midfield has produced less this season.

glazerfodder likes this.

11. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

What I often see with Sancho is he ends up occupying the same space as Bruno. Just that area outside the box in the AM position or to the left of it. All ends up being congested.

I've no idea how he'll be on the right but we have no choice so lets hope he plays there instead of Bruno and see how he does.

12. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Summer Transfer Window - what do we need?

CB x 1
    CF x 2
    CM x 1
    Either LB or RB x 1
    GK x 1

CB - Kim-Min Jae from Napoli, lots of talk this is going to happen.

CM - I've said we need one more regardless, even if we keep Sabitzer and get rid of McTominay.

Fck knows about the rest

13. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Players to get off our books
    Eric Bailly
    Phil Jones
    Alex Telles
    Van De Beek (but he's injured so lets see if we can)
    McTominay
    Greenwood
    Weghorst (on loan anyway)
    Henderson

Others we're selling/releasing:
    Brandon Williams
    Tuanzebe

Others worth considering:
    David De Gea
    Either one of Maguire or Lindelof
    Either one of Dalot or AWB
    Elanga

cytrax likes this.
  14. Viva_Giggsy

Viva_Giggsy Well-Known Member

Greenwood is staying he of gone by now if the club wanted rid. Thank **** Weghorst is off, worse striker I ever seen play for us lol

15. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I think there's still an investigation ongoing. The club are in a difficult position. They can't just sack him otherwise they're open to all sorts of legal action. I wouldn't be surprised if they let his contract run down or agree a pay off for him to leave.

Either way he should not play for the club again because the club is more important than any player no matter how talented.

Weghorst has been a complete waste of time.

glazerfodder likes this.
  16. glazerfodder

Dalot signs new contract until 2028

17. glazerfodder

As for Greenwood, I believe the club are making these pronouncements to demonstrate due diligence, but are actually waiting for the window to open and then get rid to Juve or elsewhere.,

18. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

I don’t understand this.

Agree or disagree, the legal system has cleared him which makes it difficult for the club to terminate his contract. But if that’s where the club stands, then they should have just paid him off and terminate his contract to leave the boy to figure out the rest. Why keep him on the books? It’s not like foreign clubs will be bidding high for a player that they know that the club has decided it wants to disassociate with.

19. glazerfodder

The legal outcome has little to do with his continued association with the club, it's a become a global perception thing, its a where does the club stand on domestic/sexual violence thing, will Greenwood cause a downturn in sponsorship/other income streams. The CPS decision has nothing to do with it, this is purely a commercial decision... if you were the CEO of a global company and there was a pile of dogshit on your red carpet at the entrance to your HQ what would you do - that's Greenwood. For the sake of the global 'wholesomeness' of the club in terms of the fanbase, especially women's football, what choice do we have, but we have to be seen to have conducted due diligence just in case we have to cancel his contract if no summer offers come in.

20. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Because being cleared in a criminal case is not the same as employment law, which requires a much lower threshold i.e. based on the likelihood of probability rather than hard evidence.

Why is this important? Well because if they find him to have committed gross misconduct or bringing the club into disrepute they can terminate his contract without any financial payout.

Diego likes this.