1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours United's ever on going rebuild , are we nearly there yet?

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Chief, Apr 3, 2019.

1. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

Great loan signing! His guile and strength as a frontman will open up options for us, I think. And that’s the very least. At best, maybe he can get goals from chances created by the stronger midfield than those he has recently played in front of.

2. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

I am hoping that Wout would be used as Plan B only. He is supposed to be v.good at pressing, gives 100% with his running (unlike CR who he is replacing). When we are getting no joy with the usual system, bring him for the last 20-25 minutes and give the opposition a different set of problems to deal with.

Could be an inspired loan recruitment by TenHag fingers crossed.

3. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I've no idea what type of goalscorer he is, but he may not just be a good target man. He could be very good at finishing with his feet, he could be a good fox in the box.

He could be better against teams that attack us, and/or those who sit deep.

It'll be interesting to see how TH plays him.

4. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

At least we can have confidence that ETH wanted to sign him for a specific purpose rather than Woodie wanting to sell shirts.

cytrax and Treble like this.
  5. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

6. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

7. Christiansmith

Eriksen will be badly missed. Almost a deliberate aim of that ex RS ex Newcastle low life to cause damage to our players. No easy to replace such quality. Salbitzer is not an equivalent Eriksen but could take pressure from the likes of Fred and McTominay (currently injured). I hope I’m wrong but our progress has taken an almighty setback.

8. glazerfodder

All charges against Greenwood have been discontinued by the CPS - what do the club do now?

9. Sweats

Sweats Fat lives matter
    Forum Moderator

I can’t see him playing this season.

be interesting what happens as I can see sense in letting him go and at the same time with the charges dropped I can see sense in keeping him. Though he is going to get pelters from opposition fans. Plus you can’t unhear the things that he did regardless as to whether the case has been dropped.

Saf and glazerfodder like this.
  10. glazerfodder

I think his reputation is tarnished. Regardless of the fact that the charges were dropped, his actions were ill-judged and not in keeping with the values of the club. I would get him training again, get him up to match fitness and use him as a make weight in one of our summer deals - perhaps even Spurs will take him, but for his sake he would be better off abroad.

Shame as he had/has the talent.

Saf likes this.

11. Christiansmith

I think the club will let him go. It’s a shame but there is evidence that his behaviour was reprehensible although not illegal (or can be proven to be).

we could have done with his talent and it looks like some other club would now reap the benefits.

cytrax likes this.
  12. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

I can't see for a single second they'll just go, he's innocent so lets keep him, surely? I mean, he's been shown to be 'innocent' but the probable truth is that he's guilty of something

He's worthless anyway, no one would pay much of a transfer fee, despite his apparent 'worth'.

They should just mutually terminate whatever contract he's got left and he himself should go play outside of this country.

Even the Glazers can't view him as an asset.

cytrax and Diego like this.
  13. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

It would be nice if the police disclosed what "further information" they have received that has contributed to the dropping of all charges, they won't though

cytrax likes this.
  14. Christiansmith

No they won’t. The main point was that a “key witness” (very likely the person at the centre of the situation) has withdrawn their evidence (meaning they are refusing to go to court and/or withdrawn their statement). They don’t need any new information to make that decision. The prosecution can’t take someone to court without the defence having a chance to cross examine the key witness.

Really difficult to now confirm the truth. There is a lot already in the public domain so people have to make their own judgement.

cytrax likes this.
  15. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

This needs explaining

"In this case a combination of the withdrawal of key witnesses and new material that came to light meant there was no longer a realistic prospect of conviction.

Multiple witnesses and new material, must be very unusual to get more than one Key witness in an attempted rape case.

16. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

People are making their own judgement, you only have to go over to the premier league board to find the multiple judges and jury.

One even claiming there is a video of him raping her. Which there isn't, but it's fine for people to state this as fact, wrongly.

The audio portrays him in a bad way, but then even that would be deemed subjective to even the most amateur lawyer.

Fact is, he's now deemed to be innocent.

United should wash their hands of him though, sharpish

17. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

1. Most likely things got rough in a nasty way with his girlfriend. Not assuming rape, but most likely violent.
    2. She rushed to social media to present the “evidence”.
    3. They got back together and she had a change of heart, perhaps owning to her own role in the ordeal.

Either way, the damage is beyond done at this point. I doubt that the fella will ever be the same again mentally or even physically to play to his natural talent. But he has only himself to blame for the unravelling of what could have been a wonderful career. This needs to be a lesson for other players, especially those young guns.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2023
  18. Saf

Saf Not606 Godfather+NOT606 Poster of the year 2023

This guy for real :confused:

19. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

Typo from using swype on the phone, son! Settle down!

I meant “not assuming”.

20. Sweats

Sweats Fat lives matter
    Forum Moderator

Things I’ve read and made up in my own mind, her parents tried to keep out of the police and blackmail him. He broke his court order . By seeing her after the event. Some of the evidence was from years ago. Her dad didn’t want the police involved.

I think he is a ****. Her dad tried blackmail and he ended up where he is.