1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours United's ever on going rebuild , are we nearly there yet?

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Chief, Apr 3, 2019.

1. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

I guess that goes without saying that he is off as a transfer option for us in January.

I think he'd be sold eventually. We are so flushed with young talents right now that I don't see the point in not cashing in on Amad. But I'm glad that he's getting games and making a difference over at Sunderland. Hopefully they can contend for promotion playoffs this season.

2. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

Ryan Babel on Gokpu…
    'He has shown enough quality that he is ready for the next step, whether it’s in January or next summer.

‘As a Liverpool fan, I would tell him to go to Liverpool if they make an approach!

'Arsenal would also be an incredible team for him, with the current manager and the project that they’re building. He has to follow his heart.'​

Then STFU and allow to him to decide. This moron reminds me of LvG in the summer to sway Timber out of a move.

I also love that all of a sudden Arsenal is the place to go because “the project” is suddenly so good to be true. Yet, somehow Liverpool is a great destination too even if they are slowly unraveling.

3. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

It's a quintissential, classic case of buying a dud off a world cup performance.

Anyone who's seen him play for PSV knows he's a level or two below that of a top club. The PL clubs are a tad better than Qatar and Equador. I hope Livpl or Arsnl do buy him.

4. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

I agree with that but for the fact we were looking at him long before the world cup, so he must have something about him.

If his price rockets as a result of the world cup then i'd be more cautious, but if there is already some price agreed then why not?

I'm torn actually, as the other one mentioned is Memphis Depay, who I always really liked. He was one who Mourinho took one look at then never gave him another go.

He'd be a good addition as a striker as well, although more a stop gap.

5. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Iirc we were interested in Gapko if we didn't get Antony. He plays mainly as a winger for PSV.

The reason we didnt buy him could've been either Antony was first choice and Gapko was backup. Which means we're no longer interested in Gapko.

Or there was only one more signing authorised by the board for the summer and Antony was priority. Which means Gapko is still in the plans.

Either way though, we won't be buying him off the back of a decent WC. Those days of Ed Woodward fanboy purchases are hopefully over. And if we are going for him it'll be bcos of what ETH knows of him from before.

Diego likes this.
  6. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

You’re being a little too dismissive of the guy, Treble. The interest in him as reported predates the World Cup. So I don’t see any remnants of Ed Woodward philosophy here. Besides, Gokpu ain’t exactly your crème de la crème type of player. Therefore, if we are indeed interested in him, it would be under the direction of ETH and purely on function than flash.

7. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Isn't that what I just said?

Diego likes this.
  8. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

Not really! You called it a classic case of a “dud off a World Cup performance”. I don’t think he’s a dud by any stretch.

9. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

That's not the post you quoted.

If you look back at the post where I said that, it was in response to you saying Arsenal and Liverpool suddenly being interested in him. It was aimed at them and understandably so if they go for him now.

PSV are fully on board with selling him, they were in the summer, so clearly them two clubs could've bought him then but weren't interested.

10. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

My response was on premise that you already don’t think much of the player from previous post, which is fair.

Regardless, it’s all rumours from the papers right now. But if it comes to fruition, I think he’d be a good addition to the team.

11. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

That's a fair point. I don't think he was that good when I saw him for PSV. I think there's a thread where a couple of us had watched the same game and said similar. I then watched him again in the Europy. I accept though that if ETH wants him then there's something there he feels he can develop. I don't think he does though. I'd be surprised if we went for him in January.

12. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Really?

Seems the obvious/easiest candidate.

Shame about the betting stuff hanging over Ivan Toney but I would say that rules him out.

We need a striker now Ronaldo gone, one way or the other.

13. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

We definitely need a striker, but I genuinely think we were only ever interested in Gakpo as a winger.

14. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

World Cup is finally over. Amazing tournament, I must say!

After watching more of Gakpo games and videos, I now agree with Treble that Gakpo shouldn’t be a priority buy. We have many players already that have similar attributes.

Also looks like De Gea will be gone at the end of the season. I think we need to make that change.

15. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

16. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

His price should come down given he barely plays these days for Barca. We also have to let players go from the middle of that park. Too crowded!

17. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

He's got the £17mil back that Barca owed him now.
    He never said he didn't want to join United he just said he wanted to stay at Barca, only way he would get his money.

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  18. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Well yes, I know that.

Diego likes this.
  19. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I've only just skimmed this so don't know how true it is, but apparently Rashford being offered £400k a week for a long term contract extension.

I've nothing against Rashford. I've said for a long time I rate him. My only concern is what this does in terms of team unrest and others wanting the same. Not that I generally give a fck bcos it's not my money, but it does make me question whether players we want to buy will see that and come for the wages.

cytrax likes this.
  20. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

£400k a week for Rashford is absurd! He ain’t worth that much!