1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours United's ever on going rebuild , are we nearly there yet?

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Chief, Apr 3, 2019.

1. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

Believe me I know. If you lived in the beautiful city of Barcelona the last place you would head to with a few days off is ****ing London. Zandevort for the Dutch GP, Paris, New York, Milan........... no, London. There is more to this.

2. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I really want you to be right. You probably haven't read Van De Beek is getting married in London and it's said De Jong is attending. Depay also flown out. Dutch friends I guess.

3. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Thoughts?

4. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

One for the future so absolutely fine.

Part of me would prefer we loan out out the likes of McTominay and keep him, but I guess McTom is now deemed a senior player so fair enough.

5. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Chong also going to Birmingham City btw.

I just hope Ten Hag is going to develop some of these talented youngsters that's all. Grant released and now Mejbri out on loan.

Diego likes this.
  6. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Has the makings of a good player but definitely needs more time in full competition, good move.

7. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Yeah but the youngsters who have made an impression when given a chance are staying and getting time on the bench,late subs.

8. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I'm glad we're holding on to him for this season at least. Still a decent defender.

cytrax and Christiansmith like this.
  9. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

We need to have as many options as possible and two top players for every position. I’ve always liked AWB’s ability to defend on 1-1 just a shame he’s not as good in a forward attacking position. But I think he can still do a job when required.

cytrax and Treble like this.
  10. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

With Antony now in, it’s fair to say that we no longer have a need for De Jong.

11. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I'm almost surprised that didn't end with the name Ronaldo <laugh>

We still need De Jong btw <whistle>

Not happening though.

Whilst Ten Hag may go in for him again next year and I'd respect his decision to do so, my personal feelings are that if a player didn't come to us when we weren't in the CL, I'm not sure I'd then want him to do so when we are.

Basically, I'm saying fck him <laugh>

Oh and I hope Barca get knocked out in the group stages :biggrin:

cytrax and glazerfodder like this.
  12. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

It was a useless obsession with De Jong to begin with. Other signings literally clicked into place once we stopped chasing shadows.

On Ronaldo; I simply do not want us creating a system that fits into a 37 year old view of the world. But credit to ETH, he has rightfully put Ronaldo in his place now. If he stays, he now knows that he is not guaranteed to start a match. That ego has been clipped and that can only be a great thing for the team going forward.

13. Christiansmith

With Antony, Sancho Fernandes and Eriksen supplying the bullets, Ronaldo should have plenty of opportunities to score. No excuses if he stays (forced to stay if no CL club comes for him).

Treble likes this.
  14. Christiansmith

Dest coming from Barcelona on a swap deal? At this rate, more than half of the players on the pitch could be TH’s ex- players. Not necessarily a bad thing as he would know their strengths and weaknesses.

15. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

He'll also have a a majority of the team backing him and the style of football he wants to play. I think that's a massive plus.

Whatever we thought of Rangnick, it was clear he had a bunch of miserable sods not prepared to back him when he came in. I think when he made the comment about needing 7 or 8 new players, he was talking more about tackling that mentality than the quality within the squad.

With Ten Hag's players and those existing players who will come on board, and the likes of Pogba out of the club, those negative influencers within the dressing room will become marginalised and irrelevant. I have a feeling Shaw is one of those tbh.

cytrax and Christiansmith like this.
  16. Christiansmith

TH didn’t have a choice. The “nest of vipers” which represented the club at the end of last season had to be destroyed and a new team rebuilt. Whether Rangnick himself as a weak interim contributed is a moot point. With a core of key players that are loyal to him personally TH can pick the players that deliver the goods. None of the sulking and the “I’m the senior player therefore I have priority “ nonsense. Let’s see whether Ronaldo Maguire Shaw get into line.

cytrax likes this.
  17. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

ETH has handled the last few weeks very well. The first two games are probably a blessing for his tenure. He more or less allowed Maguire to justify being dropped without a farce. He gave Maguire a chance and for all to see. I bet ETH knew all along that he would most likely settle on Varane. If the partnership with Martinez continues to develop, then captaincy will be officially stripped from Maguire.

As for Ronaldo, that ego has now been cut to size due to complete miscalculation on Ronaldo’s part. He thinks the world of himself but no one actually wants him. If he stays, his only option is to effectively buckle up and play for the team under ETH’s terms.

Shaw is a much easier problem. He should not be an automatic starter with Malacia in that squad. He has no choice but to accept that outcome and get on with it when called upon.

Overall, ETH is handling the players very well in my opinion.

Christiansmith and glazerfodder like this.
  18. HRH Custard VC

HRH Custard VC National Car Park Attendant

19. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Because for the most part Jones played with a better squad, under a world class manager during a period when we were successful and confidence was high.

It's not like for like at all.

20. HRH Custard VC

HRH Custard VC National Car Park Attendant

No excuse, Maguire is not UTD quality

cytrax likes this.