1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours United's ever on going rebuild , are we nearly there yet?

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Chief, Apr 3, 2019.

1. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

I watched the replay on YouTube and the atmosphere was amazing! Garnacho really did put on a show. I would love to see some of those players given real chance next season. Put them in and let them growth in experience by playing.

2. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Ralf has had Garnacho on the bench recently and really wanted to get him on the field but was stopped by injuries in defence.
    Budding star with the right handling.

cytrax likes this.
  3. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Am I right in saying it was some of the younger lads? U-18's? I recognised McNeil and Garnacho only in that side.

I think it's likely we'll bring through the lads from the next tier in the under 23's along with Garnacho.

4. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

It was the FA youth cup final.

Fernandez was on the first team bench last game as well.

These players will probably be in the league squad next year, along with some returning loanees.

Quite right too.

Diego likes this.
  5. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Should we be going for Kalvin Phillips?

Appreciate he's not exactly keen on coming to us given the animosity they hold towards us (note I say they hold towards us, I've never known any particular second thought given by us towards them).

Nevertheless he's a good, solid mf and would suit how we play and what we need.

6. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

I did think he'd be a good buy.

Leeds very likely to go down as well, apprently Villa and Newcastle after him. If we can't comptete with that, we're doomed!

He'd be a good squad and first team addition.

7. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Updating this list from earlier in the thread, this now how I see it myself.

Keep;

De Gea GK
    Heaton GK
    Varane CB
    AWB RB
    Shaw LB
    Maguire CB
    Fred MF
    McTominay MF
    Bruno AM
    Sancho RW
    Elanga LW
    Rashford LW
    Ronaldo CF
    Martial CF (possibly)

Bring Back;

Brandon Williams LB
    Teden Mengi CB
    Axel Tuanzebe CB
    Ethan Laird RB
    Van De Beek AM

Players to bring into the first team from U23's;

Garnacho LW
    Hannibal AM
    Fernadez LB

Leave:
    Pogba MF
    Lingard AM
    Matic MF
    Mata MF
    Lindelof CB
    Bailly CB
    Jones CB
    Telles LB
    Cavani CF
    Greenwood CF/RW
    Perreira MF
    Dalot RB
    Amad Diallo
    Henderson GK

Sign;

Ferran Torres - CB
    Jurrien Timbre - CB
    Christopher Nkunku - ACM
    Frenkie De Jong - CM
    Calvin Phillips CM

I can't actually see Lindelof going, so we'd really only need to sign one of those two centre halves.

Four of the five I mention above would be a decent summer window.

Would need a reserve keeper if Henderson and Lee Grant go, Heaton would not be an adequate replacement for de Gea.

8. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Is that what you want or you're expecting are the club's aims?

Just a couple of things.

The dressing room appears to be full of negative personas. I see Martial in that bracket and I think he should go tbh. He was never a CF anyway.

Diallo to leave? Surprised by that tbh. I think he should be given a chance to develop.

And finally, the back 4 looks virtually unchanged. No new full-backs to come in?

OK it was 3 things.

9. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Not just Martial btw, can only move forward with a clear out of anyone who's been part of the negative waves in that dressing room.

please log in to view this image

glazerfodder likes this.
  10. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Laird and Williams are both full backs, as is Fernandez from the U23's.

Laird covers/replaces AWB and Williams covers Shaw.

I think we need new playes in other more crucial positions before we turn to full back.

I also nominated two new centre halves. That would be the potential for an entirely different back four if all came into the squad, even more with Mengi and Tuanzebe returning.

Agree Martial should probably leave but will anyone take him? He's a decent player if happy, it could be Ten Hag gets a tune out of him.

I've seen nothing in Diallo to suggest he ever breaks into first team. Again though, no real reason he can't come back.

Treble likes this.

11. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Good shout about the fb's. I've not see enough of Laird but I always liked Williams. Thought he had real potential, was full of energy and surprisingly physical - strong enough to win the 50/50's.

12. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

You know, I thought it was bad when we gave Ole a new contract after we finished 2nd, got to a European final, and went the whole season unbeaten away from home. I still believe it was a mistake to do so.

But Arsenal last week gave Arteta a new 3 year contract, having achieved fck all this season, and he fcks up finishing Top 4 having been 4 points clear with 3 games to go lol. Now THAT is bad.

Christiansmith and Diego like this.
  13. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

Arsenal and United are 2 clubs who have massively underachieved in the last 10 years. But Arsenal are trying to outdo Utd in who can **** up most and disgust their supporters. Arteta the toast of the media proved the rookie he is. Just like Ole who actually took his team to 2 CL places (people here don’t want me to say that <cool> )

He’s managed to snatch misery from the jaws of glory. They were cast iron certainties for a CL place just a few weeks ago.

Treble likes this.
  14. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Why would people not want you to say that? i'm pretty sure most know it as fact. They also know it was pointless because he had no idea how to compete against other CL teams and just added extra group games to the season.

15. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

There is a bit of revisionism going on here. I am not saying he pulverised every team in the group stages but he did get top place after 5 matches. He won matches against the likes of PSG, Leipzig etc. and he lost some. He wasn’t elite but he wasn’t as bad as some depict him to be. He did go on a record undefeated away run for example. And that usually doesn’t happen if he was as completely useless as Rangnick ;)

But we really don’t want to revisit this debate. It’s all in the past. Football is and will always be about opinions. Let’s look forward to the new era under Ten Haag.

Diego likes this.
  16. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

The only reason Arsenal got anywhere near reaching a champions league place is because they weren't in Europe at all this season.

It was this massive humongous elephant in the room that was completely ignored by media spaffing off about Arteta's 'acheivement'.

The bloke has achieved **** all. Arsenal are piss poor and would be embarrassing themselves in the champions league, just like we currently would. EL best place for both clubs next season.

17. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Anyway, **** them.

Who've the gossip got us signing today?!?

18. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Ajax defender Jurrien Timber and a trusted source has confirmed talks have already taken place.

I can also confirm that if we sign him, he will be the next big CB in the world despite me not knowing much about him at the moment.

glazerfodder and cytrax like this.
  19. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

“Indeed, La Gazzetta dello Sport claimed Pogba will be offered an annual wage of £6.3m (€7.5m) by Juventus. Add-ons would take the sum over £9m-per-year (roughly £170,000-a-week).

That is far below the reported £350,000-per-week Pogba currently pockets in Manchester, though Juventus’ desire to secure his signature was made evident last week.”

He’s running out of options. Amazing that we offered him new contract last year and he turned it down.

Treble likes this.
  20. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Can you imagine if he stays?

He accepts whatever stupid offer Woodward left behind as his 'legacy' and then the whole shebang starts up again, with players wanting the same and not being happy because he's essentially paid to dance on Instargarm

The biggest risk to us next season is Pogba staying.