1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours United's ever on going rebuild , are we nearly there yet?

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Chief, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

cytrax likes this.
  2. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

It's becoming common kn9wledge - certainly doing the rounds in the media, we've approached Poch to take over.

It's not even rumours the way the story is coming out, the club themselves appear to have leaked it.

3. Sweats

Sweats Fat lives matter
    Forum Moderator

They need to act now. At least poch has 2 months with the team to then have an idea of targets for January.

cytrax likes this.
  4. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

"Former Manchester United defender Phil Neville feels manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer should start Paul Pogba."

"I still think it’s absolutely disgraceful that Pogba can’t get in that team. For United to win a league, for United to be successful, for United to play the style of football that Ole wants them to play then Pogba has to play. You can play one of them [Nemanja] Matic, Fred or [Scott] McTominay and then you play Pogba with [Bruno] Fernandes.

I’d rather go out there and score goals, go out there and go for the win playing the Manchester United way with Pogba in the team. I know I’ve said about him wanting to leave, not wanting to be there and his inconsistencies but I still think he’s one of the best midfielders around. That’s why I’m thinking: Why is Paul Pogba not in that team?
    "

I don't know what some of these ex-players get to smoke when they wake up. It certainly isn't helping their ability to critically think.

5. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

Resurgent talk in the sports media of CR rejoining the club from Juve. Bollocks or not, I would happily swap Pogba for him and get 2 or 3 more years of proven goal scoring out of him.

Diego and Treble like this.
  6. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

He'd be the equal of Zlatan when he joined us.

Be more than happy to get two years out of him and him whip the **** out of the squad.

Also agree, Pogba just has to be sold. He's just not all that as much as anything, and is taking the place of someone more worthy of it in DVDB or even McTominay.

There's just no place for him, although his attitude seems to have actually improved.

cytrax and Treble like this.
  7. glazerfodder

Seems to be a win win situation. We get rid of under-performing Pogba (who was a massive hit at Juve and would be happy to go back) and we get CR in his place. His wages might be an issue for Woodward but the nuclear uplift in merchandising revenues should satisfy even him. CR is worth 15 or more goals per season in the PL, so hopefully this is more than press talk.

Diego likes this.
  8. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I'd have him for the work ethic alone. And the amount the likes of Rashford and even Martial would improve and how much Greenwood would learn from him.

Fck it, I think James would improve!

I heard City were in for him though? Would he go there?

glazerfodder likes this.
  9. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

No, would he ****.

10. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

These rumours are all new to me, the only club i have seen him linked with is PSG.
    Would love him to return for a couple of years though, even as a bit part player. His mindset would hopefully stir some of our young talent into life.

11. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

This could end Diego.

He's always been ITK <laugh>

Diego likes this.
  12. glazerfodder

I see the papers are all shutting down talk of CR moving back to us - shame as it would have solved two problems at a stroke, getting rid of Pogba and getting in a proven goal-scorer.

Diego likes this.
  13. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

For all smarts that Woodward claim to have, I am shocked that we are still here talking about selling Pogba after the world already knows that he is truly SH!!T! That single decision has killed us for the last two years. I dare say that without Pogba in the team, Ole would have outperformed with this team.

14. glazerfodder

I love the way that even Dechamps is saying that Pogba is **** too - but it's our fault, not Pogba's

15. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

What about Grealish in and Pogba out? Making a profit in the process.

16. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Gotta be honest and say that upto this season i have always considered Grealish as total turd.
    Now he seems to have stepped up several levels after years of "showing promise", i would not be against your suggestion :grin:

17. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

I think Grealish on his day could unlock any stubborn defence. A midfield of Fred /McTominay plus Fernandez and Grealish could be the answer we’ve been looking for.

Diego likes this.
  18. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

Why would we need to buy another midfielder? Van der Beek still can’t get a game. Why consider buying yet another player?

Buying is not the only way forward. The team has everything that it needs without Pogba in it. Unless we can find a true experience right winger.

19. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Yeah but Christian was talking about getting rid of Pogba and replacing with Grealish not getting another midfielder.
    The squad depth is important so i figure that would be about right.

Christiansmith likes this.
  20. glazerfodder

I'm with Diego - I posted on here that I didn't think Grealish should ever be a Manchester United player - his attitude was all wrong and his off-field antics were a scandal waiting to happen, but credit where its due, the lad seems to have got his **** together and is laying some solid football. If he could just get rid of that ****ing hairband.....................

Diego likes this.