1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread United v Norwich

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Chief, Apr 17, 2022.

1. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Belated thread for yesterday's game.

Was at the game, so a couple of observations to make.

The protest, peaceful and well made. Fairly certain it will achieve nothing though.

Decent first 40 minutes. Pogba played the holding role well. Soon as they scored though, you could see and sense the apprehension.

Second half, different Pogba. Dithering on the ball, losing it in the tackle. Norwich equalise and the whole mood changes.

There was a loud chorus of you're not fit to wear the shirt from what seemed like most of the Stretford end. I didn't feel it was aimed at anyone in particular and it felt wrong, but when Pogba was subbed he strolled off to a lot of boos.

Mata hugely improved things, Rashford had all the appearance of a pub player who'd won a prize to play in a Premier league game. Nervous, not sure what to do or where to be.

He played right in front of me on my side and didn't even want the ball half the time.

Obviously got the win, due to a hattrick from a player deemed to be a problem? Still don't get this media utter ****ing bollocks, it needs to be stopped. He is not the problem.

Pogba booed even more at the end, cupping his ear to the crowd. Just **** off mate, time to go.

Although we should never boo the team or individual players.

cytrax likes this.
  2. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I thought the defence looked all over the place for both the goals. Telles individually was at fault but it was part of the whole back 4 being completely disorganised, so for me it's all of them.

Having said that I thought individually Dalot played well. But as said above, it's pointless if there's no organisation between the 4 of them.

Viva Ronaldo!

3. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Difficult to be organised when it changes every week I suppose.

With Shaw being done for the season, might be worth AWB as a third centre half, and then Dalot and Telles as wing backs, as neither of those are actual defenders.

Telles was indeed at fault. Their first goal was right in front of me and I did wonder where the **** our left back was as they scored completely unopposed at the back post.

There is also absolutely no doubt whatsoever that Maguire looks far more assured when Varane is with him.

4. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

Prediction for Tuesday at Anfield? <whistle>

5. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

A draw is a very good result for us.

6. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Two fold

7. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead