1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread United v Arsenal

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Chief, Sep 29, 2019.

1. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Had to delete Steve's thread for being rubbish, hope no one minds?

So, we play Arsenal tomorrow.

A once great side that is currently ****e versus a side that thought it was great but wasn't and is also currently ****e.

Hard to pick. Even we shouldn't lose to ****ing Arsenal though, right?

I can see Pogba playing and being embarrassed by Granit Zhaka (?) and at that point we'll all just pack up and go home.

2. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

It seems that apathy is becoming contagious. Full marks for pulling the Las Vegas match day thread..

3. Viva_Giggsy

Viva_Giggsy Well-Known Member

We should be beating that arsenal team, apart from there strikers the rest of the team is mid table quality at best.

4. glazerfodder

Oh ****, that's jinxed it.

Diego likes this.
  5. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

Irony is that we are firmly stuck in middle of the table. If we don't win this match tomorrow, the board will be moving to get rid of Ole. Forget Liverpool and City, seeing the likes of Leicester do so well on their budget is starting to become painful. We love to hate Rodgers, but he is an exceptional manager in my opinion.

We simply have to win this match tomorrow.

6. Viva_Giggsy

Viva_Giggsy Well-Known Member

Probably be a draw, we're good at them.

7. glazerfodder

Sod the result, I'd just like us to have another punch-up with them.

8. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

Anything but a win will be the beginning of end for the manager. I'm being cold but we need to kidding ourselves. This rot started almost 20 games ago. There will be no excuses to have won only two of seven matches. We will start fighting relegation soon at that rate.

9. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

"Rom didn't want to be here," said Solskjaer. "What is the point having players who don't want to be here?

"There were other strikers available but they weren't the ones we wanted. If the right one was there, we would have [looked to sign them].

"Given Rom and Alexis left, you don't have to be a rocket scientist to see we are looking for some creativity and goals."

It is so infuriating reading this. We got rid of two major players without any plans to replace them. You can't run a team like that.

10. glazerfodder

I'm afraid I'm with Ole on this one. The last thing we needed was a pair of toxic idlers sitting making mischief in the dressing room. Whatever the short-term outcome for this season, we're better off without them.

11. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

I'm totally with getting rid of players, but you don't do it until you have replacements lined up regardless how much they want to leave. That's just fundamental.

We knew Lukaku wanted to leave before the transfer window even opened. How could we have spent the whole summer trying to sell him without ever preparing to replace him only to claim that the players available were not good enough. That's just some fkin bs in management. Same with Sanchez.

Hopefully Greenwood scores a hat trick tonight. I like him ahead of Rashford as the main striker.

12. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

No Wan Bissaka tonight.

13. thefanwithnoname

thefanwithnoname Well-Known Member

Any good streaming sites for tonight's match fellas?

Am stuck without a tv

14. glazerfodder

Cheesy, smiley James is glad to be playing tonight, as you can see from the team-sheet photo. Obi Wan Bissaka cannot play as he is filming in another galaxy and Greenwood is on the bench so that Rashford can **** up again through the middle. Pizzas are banned, thuggery in the midfield is banned and a heavy 0 - 0 defeat is the most likely outcome. Unless he scores two, James and his dentist will live to regret that photo.

2W3RAEY7.png

15. glazerfodder

Great goal from Darren Fletcher MKll - can someone order a taxi for Pogba, Rashford and Lingard, clearly they all have somewhere better to be than playing for us tonight.

16. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Rashford and Pogba look ****ed, Lingard just hasn't been in the game at all.
    Axle is playing really well at LB, he hasn't made a single mistake yet and is very good on the ball.

17. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Well, I ****ed Axle up good and proper.
    Sorry lads :(

18. glazerfodder

Rashford is clearly not a striker, even he must see that now. He needs to play on the opposite side to James with Anthony (I'll play when I feel like it and not before) Martial in the middle - not that he'll score either, (unless it's with someone else's model girlfriend). Fred played another superbly anonymous game, I actually thought he played better in the first half but it turns out he wasn't on the pitch.

On the positive side, Tuanzebe played well on the left (Shaw is toast, goodbye) and when he and Wan Bissaka play on opposite sides in the same back line we should be rock solid. Our midfield is crap - it is the core vulnerability in our game. Our defence plays too close to cover them and the attack falls back for the same reason. Pogba was his usual, wasteful self,can't wait for the window to get rid and get Zlatan or Mandžukić in to kick some shins, **** a few opposition defenders and bang the odd goal away. Rashford might even learn how it's done if he's watching his games console...............

cytrax and Diego like this.
  19. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

That is my thoughts too.

We need a striker and a decent creative midfielder and we are very close to top four in this league.
    About 3 years off top two <laugh>

20. glazerfodder

Zlatan, Mandžukić and Bruno Fernandes in January and we're sorted

Diego likes this.