1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

united playing blind bragg

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by johnnyquango, Aug 30, 2013.

1. johnnyquango

johnnyquango Member

hi all,
    is it me or does it look like united are playing bragg.they are making out they can afford to go for players like bale/ronaldo etc.but when it comes to certainty signings we are offering peanuts?everyone knows we need a creative midfielder,and fellani is possibly the best we can hope for now.so why dont we give his and bains worth?the windows closes on monday.i myself think we are going to **** up,with this toing and throwing of bids.this reminds me about the time we nearly had ronaldhino,i myself think SAF must have gone on a long trip,because he aint pulling moyes;s strings or we would have a few signings by now.i honestly think now is itchy bum time?:shocked:

2. philo beddoe

philo beddoe Active Member

Itchy bum time, there's ointment for that! I'm not too concerned about the delay if we are still looking at Baines and Fellaini as we have a strong enough squad to cope until transfer deadline day. Maybe even till january. I do think it would be a mistake to not sign a midfielder at some point during the season though.

3. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Don't worry johnny, as soon as we sell Rooney we'll have the cash to buy new signings. Ed Woodward's missus told you he was leaving in August, right?

4. johnnyquango

johnnyquango Member

hi.it seems youve been checking out my past posts?what i said at the time was viable has i have said the wifes friend is his p.a.and that was the general belief by both staff and players that rooney was going to chelsea.i am glad he asn,t yet?:emoticon-0103-cool:

5. johnnyquango

johnnyquango Member

do you have any input to the thread then,or are you just trying to take the piss?

6. Sir Tennisball

Sir Tennisball Well-Known Member

We need a creative midfielder?

We need a strong midfielder who can dominate matches for us, we have plenty of creativity in the team, we need someone behind them to keep things solid and bring some physicality to the team...

7. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Input to the thread, eh? Well ok then, why don't you tell us what you think Fellaini and Baines are worth so we can offer that much? Cos I guarantee that whatever number you come up with Everton would reject and ask for more. That's why it's called a negotiation mate.

8. Robby202

Robby202 Well-Known Member

You can see where Johnny is coming from and its a little annoying when a so called big club makes derisory offers. I'd imagine Fellaini is worth £30m and Baines £15m yet you are still offering under the 40? One takes it that you want these players?

9. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

No more derisory that when Chelsea opened with £16-20m for Rooney, which is pretty much what we are offering for Fellaini and Baines (each). Or is it ok to make those offers to the so called big clubs?

Besides which, ultimately what a player is worth depends on the perspective of the individual club. Liverpool have shown with Suarez (and Chelsea with Torres) how ridiculously inflated valuations can get when a player is seen as vital to the team. Fellaini and Baines are arguably both more valuable to Everton than Utd, hence the differences in valuations. The net result is the same - we will offer up to what we think the players are worth, if that is not a price Everton are willing to sell for then they will reject the bids. Don't see why people need to take it so personally.

10. One of the lads

One of the lads Well-Known Member

Fellaini's buy out clause was c.£23.5million. No club triggered it. That suggests his value is below £23.5million.

11. Robby202

I think you'll find our first bid was £22m and not the derisory figure you stated which in all honesty was a decent opener for a player who made it clear he was not happy and wanted away after your new manager said he was only a stand in for RVP.

A bid of £30m came in almost straight away after which is right on the money for a 28 yr old smoker. True, you have offered what your manager thought he was worth but they have been met with the contempt they clearly deserved. United's refusal to sell was based solely on not strengthening contenders so ours was a different thing all together.

12. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Sorry Robby, but once again you are just plucking figures and rumours out of the air to substantiate your own tribal bias. Chelsea didn't make their bid public, so using the amount published in the Daily Fail (who also claimed you offered Mata in part ex), just to make it seem like you bid relatively high is plain bollox.

Ignoring that, you say £22m is a fair opening bid for one of the best players in the PL based on his age (27, not 28), then claim it's derisory to offer £28m for a 28 year old full back and a CM. And if £30m is right on the money for a striker, is £36m not a fair offer for a defender and a midfielder, based on the going rate for players in those positions? I'd 'imagine' Rooney is worth around £40m based on the fees paid for Cavani, Bale, Falcao and Hulk, so you were as far off the money as we were.

13. Dave A

Dave A Member

If you think Rooney is only worth £30 million in todays market you are mistaken. The only way I can see any possiblity of us even considering selling Rooney for that is if he had handed in a transfer request and started upsetting the team. Otherwise he's worth around £40 million if not more.

14. Robby202

I have no bias whatsoever and the amounts are not plucked out of the air but figures widely commented on throughout the news media. Chelsea never offered Mata as a part of any deal as confirmed on the Chelsea website. Rooney is a month off of 28 yrs old whereas Fellaini is only 26 yr old international who is worth 35+m of anybodies money.

Baines however is a little older and has only Ashley Cole in front of him at international level and at 15+ is better than what you have otherwise your manager wouldn't be in for him. Its a little unfair to put Rooney in the company of Cavani & Falcao etc as they don't have weight and condition issues like Rooney has. £30-35 tops is a brilliant price but as I stated it didn't happen for possibly two reasons. So you are wide of the mark again.

15. Sir Tennisball

Are you related to a certain Daniel Levy by any chance?

16. Sir Tennisball

Cancel my last comment. After your last post it may well be KingPepeReina that you are related to....

17. Manobear

Manobear I love cheeseburgers

Where did Rooney ever say anything about wanting to leave?

18. Constcrepe

Constcrepe Active Member

Don't try to reason with these guys, they don't operate within the real world.

19. johnnyquango

johnnyquango Member

i revert back to this thread?
    why are we so slow out of the blocks this transfer window?as saf run off with all our money,because dm knows how to keep a team afloat on a shoestring budget?
    why have we let mesut ozil go to another team when we where after him for 2 seasons?
    and why are we still playing giggs in big games,that man as been a rock for us,but his brain his faster than his feet.we need players now.we need to replace vidic/carrick/giggs/young/etc.we need players asap.imo.why arn't we playing kagowa.he could be brilliant for us.and why as ed woodward not commented on his short commings.sack him noooooooooooow.

20. theevilreddevil

theevilreddevil Well-Known Member

Did you type that with tears in your eyes?