1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Underdogs!

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by smithy in nl, Aug 6, 2015.

1. smithy in nl

smithy in nl Well-Known Member

Absolutely love the fact that everyone has us down for another relegation battle, it's quiet pathetic when I read that we might survive JUST but Newcastle will go onto finish top 10?!

For me we've strengthened very well our already solid defense has been improved IMO,and we've added a couple of next level players that are capable of playing for a much better team then us.

Don't believe we are done either with another what? 3/4 wks left of the transfer window? Let's just hope everyone keeps writing is off and we have a solid season and maybe a good cup run which we are more then capable of..

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spor...ow-newcastle-united-sunderland-season-9803862

That's the article that made me create this thread

J๏E.. likes this.
  2. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

This squad is more than capable of avoiding a relegation scare, add a forward and and an AM before the window closes I expect a mid to lower mid table finish. The difference will be made with the next two signings and until they're in I don't want to count chickens, we're only a couple of long term injuries to some key players to be really struggling. We must compete our shopping with more quality. Very happy with our progress though. Unlike the 'pundits' we tend to look deeper than just how we performed last season.

**** em, jobsworths.

smithy in nl likes this.
  3. smithy in nl

smithy in nl Well-Known Member

I know it's Merson but this is getting a piss take, every ****er has the knives out.

I backed Leicester to avoid relegation last season, even when they were struggling I said they would stay up because I saw some good performances from them. I don’t have a good feeling for them at the moment after what’s happened with the sacking of Nigel Pearson. Saying that, I think they will win this game because Sunderland look as though they have a long hard season lying ahead of them.

PAUL PREDICTS: 2-1 (15/2 with Sky Bet)

4. grandpops

grandpops Well-Known Member

The surprise is that you would expect anything else from the chronic. <doh>

They are not going to change any time soon.

smithy in nl likes this.
  5. Blunham Mackem

Blunham Mackem Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I'm quite happy to be the underdog every bloody week tbh.

Just hope we prove those ****ers wrong though!!

smithy in nl likes this.
  6. grandpops

One of them`s Lee Ryder mate. He`s always wrong.

7. Blunham Mackem

Forum Moderator

Just line him up against the wall with the rest of the buggers and pull the trigger...<laugh>

8. Bexinio

Bexinio Well-Known Member

I think the pundits are guessing early. I mean how is West Ham going to perform without Sam? Newcastle top 10???? Have you seen their defence!!! Crystal Palace with Wickham up front?? Some really interesting things to see before I could guess anything top or bottom!

smithy in nl likes this.
  9. J๏E..

J๏E.. The King of Hearts

Like your avatar and mine mate, lets smoke the baccy with the **** inside, lets salut the ****ers with 2 fingers, scratch our arses and salute the ****ers again..<ok>

We are sound, we are Sunderland, only the misery merchants make it sound worse but lets save them for Nov 5th and we will burn the ****ers..

Sounds good, ha'way the lads..

smithy in nl and Blunham Mackem like this.
  10. Nordic

Nordic Well-Known Member

Some of these pundits make Lawro look good, ffs.

As for Magic Man, he gets lazier each year. if someone blew up the Britannia he'd still never go against them at home.

The worst predictions must be by Phil McNumpty on the BBC, he must have been smoking Lee Ryders crack pipe.

11. Blunham Mackem

Forum Moderator

****ing awesome post Joe!!!

12. J๏E..

J๏E.. The King of Hearts

Just for you mate..<ok>

13. Yorkie

Yorkie Well-Known Member

The journos predictions have had me seething. Couldn't be bothered to read the chronic piece but most I've read haven't given any explanation as to why they think we'll get relegated. Some have said our luck must run out sometime - quality analysis. Last year, fair do's - it was debatable whether we had a better team than the year before, but this year the recruits are good ones to address our weaknesses. As for Merson - he predicted that Sunderland signing Bent would be the worst signing of that season. He's not credible at all. I'm sick of hearing all this carp but i suppose I should just chill out and take solace in the fact that we'll prove them wrong.

smithy in nl and grandpops like this.
  14. Deleted #

Deleted # Well-Known Member

Stay quiet and hopefully let our football do the talking on the pitch <ok>

Blunham Mackem and J๏E.. like this.
  15. J๏E..

J๏E.. The King of Hearts

The way I see it is there's eleven against eleven on a pitch, I fancy our chances against anyone, we might see us as ****e but the opposition is ****tier, we have Dick, they haven't so no need to worry..

Hey, would you rather have Brenda Rogers,Alan Pardew, Steve McLaren, Claudio Ranieri, Tim nice but dim Sherwood?

I wouldn't for the gate money against Norwich..<ok>

Billy Death and smithy in nl like this.
  16. Blunham Mackem

Forum Moderator

Speak softly and carry a big stick [Theodore Roosevelt]

Let's prove the ****ers wrong! Come on!!!

17. jambawamba

jambawamba Well-Known Member

Yes from what the so called experts are saying Sunderland and the foxes are already down :headbang: god that championship must have been really strong last season because the experts think they will all stay up! even know we walked it the season before we were tipped to go back down. That Howe has to be the best thing since sliced bread.Good luck to both of us and let's prove the :emoticon-0172-mooni:emoticon-0172-mooni:emoticon-0172-mooni wrong.

18. J๏E..

J๏E.. The King of Hearts

Well hello my Mon Cherie, If you are female like your photo then Hi :emoticon-0135-makeu, if not then lets introduce you to our Billy..<hug>

grandpops likes this.
  19. grandpops

Baptism of fire that Joe. <laugh>

J๏E.. likes this.
  20. grimsby mackem

grimsby mackem Well-Known Member

Being underdogs absolutely suits me fine, the journos are clueless anyway none of them are particularly putting a great deal of thought into predictions just writing off teams that it's fashionable to write off while not giving any thought to the other clubs in an almost identical position. The only pre season previews that I've seen that are any decent are the club by club previews that the guardian have been doing, they look a lot deeper into each individual club not the typical you struggled last year you're doomed or you spent £30 million so you are top ten you get from the rest of the half wits. They're a good read but a bit long, I've put the link underneath if anyone fancies reading them

http://www.theguardian.com/football/premier-league-2015-16-previews

grandpops and smithy in nl like this.