1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

UFC On Fuel TV 10 Preview

Discussion in 'Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)' started by mancgeordie1892, Jun 4, 2013.

1. mancgeordie1892

UFC on FUEL TV 10: Nogueira vs. Werdum 2
    June 9, 12:00 AM
    Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2013 01:00 BST.

Venue: Paulo Sarasate Arena

Broadcast: ESPN, Facebook

MAIN Card (ESPN, 01:00 BST)

• Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Fabricio Werdum
    • William Macario vs. Leo Santos "TUF: Brazil 2" tournament final"
    • Rafael Cavalcante vs. Thiago Silva
    • Eddie Mendez vs. Daniel Sarafian
    • Jason High vs. Erick Silva
    • Rony Jason vs. Mike Wilkinson

Prelims (Facebook, 20:30 BST TBC)

• Raphael Assuncao vs. Vaughan Lee
    • Derek Brunson vs. Ronny Markes
    • Felipe Arantes vs. Godofredo Castro
    • Ildemar Alcantara vs. Leandro Silva
    • Rodrigo Damm vs. Mizuto Hirota
    • Caio Magalhaes vs. Karlos Vemola
    • Antonio Braga Neto vs. Anthony Smith

UFC On Fuel TV 10 is the first of two back to back events in Brazil. Which pits the coaches of the Ultimate Fighter Brasil Season 2. Fabricio Werdum against the veteran Antonio Nogueira.

There are a couple of fights I am looking forward to on this card. Sunday marks the return of Thiago Silva who is coming off a 6 month suspension for testing positive for marihuana metabolites. I fully expect a Silva win here.
    I am also looking forward to see fellow Brit Mike Wilkinson square off against Rony Jason. Jason's a dangerous fighter who could be boosted by a home crowd in Brazil. I'm hoping Wilkinson can utilise the jab and stay on the outside. As if he gets caught in a brawl I can see lights out for Mike.
    I'm not looking forward to the main event as much. Reasons are that I can see this being a Ju Jitsu battle on the ground, which is Nogueiras best chance of winning. However if the fight is kept standing I can see Werdum totally decimating Nogueira which wouldn't end pretty.

So there's my picks and thoughts for Sundays card, which fights are you looking forward to?

Also I'll be aiming to do one of these the Monday before every UFC card. And try and get this forum going again.