1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Two MUST SIGNINGS

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Sunderlad, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Sunderlad

Sunderlad Well-Known Member

Only having watched them today but reading reports on media and other channels and also snippets on Not606 do we have a buy out clause for Toivonen and M’Vila at the end of the season because they need to be snapped up ASAP. Great work by Congerton and DA on these two they just look so comfortable on the ball, think that this is the start of the end of Catts name down as one of the first 11.

Brian Storm likes this.
  2. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

We definitely have one for M'Vila and if we had sense we'd activate it now, the lad is top 4 quality.

Not sure on Ola.

Gil T Azell likes this.
  3. smithy in nl

smithy in nl Well-Known Member

Sure they said ola can transfer to us at the end of the season without any problem and he said he quiet likes the idea..

Can't remember where I read it like.

Gil T Azell and Sunderlad like this.
  4. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

Looked decent so far. Incredibly unfit though

5. concrete tony

concrete tony Well-Known Member

I'm not sure toineven get's much fitter. He is a handful though and a very intelligent footballer. I was quite excited watching Sunderland today for the first time in a long while added to that Fletcher wasn't in any way involved I thought the futures bright.

6. Home_and_Away

Home_and_Away Well-Known Member

Agree... Get them signed <ok>

7. Gil T Azell

Gil T Azell Well-Known Member

Rennes only want £2.5mil for him. An absolute steal. Get him and Mvila in January. Make them and the clubs an offer too good to refuse. It's nice to see quality again at the SoL.

smithy in nl and Sunderlad like this.
  8. Lostinvegas

Lostinvegas Well-Known Member

Agree on both, they just need a bit more match fitness. I think we are going to have a great side when all fit. Catts will be off in jan.

Gil T Azell likes this.
  9. Sunderlad

Sunderlad Well-Known Member

I agree but I think that he is too good to let him leave in January, with him becoming a decent squad member then assess our transfers coming in the Summer if a decent offer then comes in. . . take it.

10. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

Any international loan deal MUST have a buy out clause - however, the details of it are not so obvious as it could be a £50m buy out and then the deal has to be struck with the player/agent so a lot of factors to take into account.

We can;t activate a buy out until the transfer window opens in January - But both players should be given permanent deals at that point - M'Vila - even if we say "look you can go to x, y or z at the end of the season but we want to make some cash from it" as I think he's destined for a top side. We missed Toivonen after he went off yesterday - he tired and I'm looking forward to seeing him in full flow and fully fit (as with M'Vila)

I think Catts will stay personally @Lostinvegas - He's happy here and has no reason to leave - I think he's sensible enough to know it's a squad game and he'll get game time - the midfield has improved so much this season though!