1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Twas The Friday Night Before Christmas Skyblues v Chairboys 22nd Dec17

Discussion in 'Wycombe' started by Guywanderer, Dec 22, 2017.

1. Guywanderer

Guywanderer Well-Known Member

Twas the Friday night before Christmas and the Chairboys were away, off to the Ricoh is where we will play, the stars in the night sky will look down so they say, to watch the Chairboys winning away.
    On our way to Cov its a short drive, with my buddy Slasher sitting by my side, we will be leaving about half past five, off to watch the Chairboys not going for the ride.
    We are all awaiting for Gaz to reveal, the team of Chairboys that will take the field, will it be Saunders we all know he's class, Oh no its Bloomers Gaz is having a laugh.
    Winning is the goal for both of these teams, but one is scoring all the goals and the other is so mean, at the end of game we will all see, that we will have goals from the Beast and Eze<cheers>

Rocky blue army, Ron and mowgli1960 like this.
  2. mowgli1960

mowgli1960 Well-Known Member

Eze drops to the bench in comes Blooms,El-Abd injured so Scarr starts alongside Stewart. Strong bench with Eze,PCH,Freeman,Gape among the subs.

3. Guywanderer

2-0 down then goals from Scarr and JJ pen either side of half time level it up but they now have a pen

4. Guywanderer

5. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Just had a look at the result and stats etc on the beeb site. Was this a bit of a dirty match? The stats say there were 36 fouls altogether and 8 yellows with 2 penalties. I hate watching games where there are loads of free kicks because it just interupts play. This game averaged out at one every less than 3 minutes which says most of the match was about single kicks than flowing stuff. Add in the corners and you would have watched about 45 minutes of actual play if lucky.

6. Guywanderer

Sounds about right Greeny I think they have been studying Ainsworth;s tactics of old a slight touch and they went down like they had been shot and stayed down with their imaginary injury and the ref bought it hook line and sinker but after going 2 down early on we were always chasing the game and we gradually got back into the game and with goal either side of half time I thought we would go on and win it but then we conceded a pen and after what seemed a life time they scored and then the real time wasting began it wasn't a dirty game but playing on a rugby pitch causes a lot of injuries we con vouch for that if I had anything to do with Cov I would be looking for our own ground as they are lost in a 32.5K stadium with around 6.5K fans if they had a 12K ground of their own they would be far better off Back to the game we huffed and puffed and should have levelled it up with several chances but having said that they could have got another on the break

Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
  7. Guywanderer

Also Stewart went off injured first half hope I'm wrong but looked like its his ankle again could be out for three or four weeks

8. philhythe

philhythe Well-Known Member

Looks like the results are going our way this afternoon

9. mowgli1960

mowgli1960 Well-Known Member

In 5th spot still only 2 points off the top 3 only Coventry moved above us.

10. philhythe

We could have dropped three or four places today a good day all round & Clochester blew it again. Well done Plymouth & Greeny.

11. philhythe

Just seen the Dan Scarr goal on the WWFC site not what I was expecting at all.