1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Tuesday the 10th sept daily racing thread

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by heisenburg, Sep 9, 2013.

1. heisenburg

heisenburg Well-Known Member

Racing from Bev Lei Wor Gal and sunny Red

any body want tickets for Red let me know

stay frosty

2. Dexter

Dexter Well-Known Member

Morning Danbo..cheers for kicking things off.

Anybody watch the tennis?....how the flip did Nadal win that third set!

What a warrior he is...some in this country could do with some of his stem cells and not just in the sporting arena.

Great effort from Dan Evans and what a nice guy,hopefully he can kick on.

Disappointing from Murray who remains a bit of a marmite man..I like the guy tbh and hope he lifts his game next year,even though his best is more than enough to mix it with the top two.

Good night all.

3. rudebwoy

rudebwoy Well-Known Member

mornin all, Rocky Ground in the 4 50 at Leicster-- despite jamie riding --the Varian yard can do no wrong at the moment--over at worcester Gud Day in the 3 10 for another yard in good order- not huge prices , but backable.

good luck all ...

4. SwanHills

SwanHills Well-Known Member

14:50 Leicester - King Of Jazz e/w

(Just one more crack, e/w at current 16/1, and that will be it for me! Hoping the 8-runner field will hold! Don't know what they're up to with this one, poor flat form recently with (new) jumps trainer Peter Bowen. Maybe the devil will go in NTO in a hurdle race? To complete the melodrama, Dougie Costello rides! :emoticon-0112-wonde).

(Owned by none other than a Mrs Scilla Fixter-nicholls. :huh:)

5. DreverSpur

DreverSpur Well-Known Member

Little eway Yankee to get me through the fairly uninspiring racing today...

3:10 Worcs - Valleyofmilan 9/2
    3:30 Redcar - Foreign Rhythm 22/1
    4:00 Redcar - Kiwi Bay 11/2
    5:00 Redcar - Blue Top 10/1

Good luck all!!

6. FOLLOWUREINSTINCT

Morning one and all.

Wee yankee for me as well

Worc 2.10 Go on Arch 7/2

Worc 3.10 Valley of Milan 9/2

Worc 3.40 The Cockney Mackem 6/4

Worc 4.10 Last Shadow 9/4

All BOG

Will also double up on the first and third of these for a Twiston-Davies double.

7. cityhull

cityhull Well-Known Member

The 5:40 at Beverley looks a cracking sprint:

Bondi Beach Boy - 4/4 at the course and gone up and amazing 36lb since his first win this season
    Singuer- Back down to a reasonable weight, 5 furlongs at Beverley will be ideal
    Mister Manannan - Again down to what looks to be a winning mark and his last win came to the track

All in all a very tricky little heat but I'm hoping Bondi Beach Boy is still ahead of the handicapper (always just does enough) and will have a small play at 3/1

8. smokethedeadbadger

smokethedeadbadger Well-Known Member

EW Lucky 15 on a few big priced ones at Galway this evening:

4:25 - Sue and Isi 10/1
    5:55 - Lapse of Reason 25/1
    6:25 - Ted Dolly 25/1
    6:55 - Thelobstercatcher 8/1

9. You See

You See Well-Known Member

Swan king of jazz now 28s mate hope you didnt take the odds mate had a good look to try to understand your reasoning which i can in a way but i have had to side with top weighted mezzo at 10s ew good luck though and i hope im kicking myself for your self

10. Reebok

Reebok YTS Mod
    Staff Member

I advised on the Saturday DT that I'd backed Redvers at 25-1, then after it had won checked with my Stan James account and saw I'd been paid out at the SP of 10-1 and assumed I'd made a mistake.

However I just checked my emails (something I only do every few days as most are junk!) and there's a letter from SJ - I quote

"I am writing to inform you that the bet you placed on Redvers - Ascot 13:55 contains an obvious error in respect of the price. The correct price at the time of bet placement for the selection was 10/1, the bet will stand at that price.
    This is in accordance with our rules. "

I placed the bet - they confirmed it - shouldn't that be enough? It wasn't THAT obvious as quite a few bookies at that time on Friday afternoon were showing SP only <steam>

Good afternoon by the way :D

11. You See

booooooooooom 10s go mezzo boooooooom sorry swan my good friend

12. SwanHills

SwanHills Well-Known Member

Well done UncleCracker with the top weight, top stuff <applause>. Mine finished last, so no reasoning, just that I'd backed the silly thing a couple of times before. Sooo, it looks like he'll be trained as a hurdler being with Peter Bowen? Not that it makes a damn bit of difference but I was on BOG with just a small punt. Not a big player any more, so no damage done! Strange how KOJ has gone completely off the boil <doh>.

13. Reebok

Reebok YTS Mod
    Staff Member

Forum acting up again?

14. Reebok

Reebok YTS Mod
    Staff Member

Forum acting up again?

15. Reebok

Reebok YTS Mod
    Staff Member

Yes, to answer my own question!

Well done Uncle <applause>

What was that song they had? I almost remember it ................ !

16. Reebok

Reebok YTS Mod
    Staff Member

Answering my own question again - Follow Me!

17. ROTO

ROTO Well-Known Member

4.00 Redcar

On My Own 8/1

Having finally gotten everything to click when scoring on his last start, I think there looks a lot more to come from John Hills On My Own. After 3 decent runs in Maiden company (2 for Marcus Tregonning as a 2 year old), On My Own made an eye catching handicap debut over 1m when blowing the turn at Lingfield on the AW before running on again to finish not too far behind in 4th. On My Own's 2nd start in handicap company saw him pull too hard when upped to 10f at Newmarket (still didn't run too badly) and you can put a line through the run. Dropped 2lb to a mark of 70 for those runs, On My Own shed his maiden tag in really good style on 6th career start when powering clear to score by over 3L at Newmarket back over a mile back in July. On the pace throughout the contest, On My Own travelled strongly and forged clear under strong pressure to score what was an emphatic victory. The runner up has advertised the form really well having scored subsequently off the same mark and finishing a good 3rd off a 7lb higher mark and the 8lb rise for John Hills's 4 year old colt looks manageable. Described by his trainer as in great form today on his website, On My Own has been waiting for a race with give underfoot since that victory and the trainer's patience has paid off as he should relish the cut today. This definitely looks a more tricky contest but this unexposed 4 year old son of Rock Of Gibraltar looks to be heading the right way and I think he's got a lot of improvement left in him. With an ambitious Cambridgeshire entry to his name, On My Own is clearly well thought of at home and I think he's got an outstanding chance of landing this contest on what is the trainer's only runner of the day and a rare runner at Redcar.

18. You See

Sorry Reebs not the reason for the name but hey what can i say !

19. PNkt

PNkt Well-Known Member

Franny Norton taken to hospital with a suspected broken leg after his mount flipped over in the paddock. Racing is delayed by about half an hour, with the 3.20 about to go off.

Poor Franny was having his best season

20. Bluesky9

Bluesky9 Philosopher

Reebs, I think you would have a fair chance of fighting your case. The question is why was it obvious that 10-1 was an error? If many bookmakers were yet to price this could indicate that they were simply taking a view of the horse. You can also argue that the price offered was central to your decision to place the bet and were it to have been priced at 10's you would have shopped around meaning they have gained business by putting up one price only to pay out on a different one and denied you taking a more generous price elsewhere. You could not advertise something online for £10 but then charge someone's credit card £15 and claim it a mistake.

Good luck if you decide to fight it out.