1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Tuesday 22nd November Daily Thread

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by heisenburg, Nov 21, 2011.

1. heisenburg

heisenburg Well-Known Member

Racing Comes from Leafy Lingfield Super Southwell & Sexy Sedgefield

cant get to sedgefield due to work commitments

BUT Arrow Barrow EW

Eagle Rock WIN WIN WIN

rv sorry for brief chat on refs, but Defo sort out some racing in New Year, my treat

Be Lucky Every body and be like Mr Hendo

STAY FROSTY

2. FOLLOWUREINSTINCT

Think one of these is up against a Henderson horse so better do them E.W.!

Rosewin Sedgfield 1.00
    Zennor Lingfield 12.50
    First Avenue Ling 2.50

Singles, doubles and a wee treble because you just never know.

3. My fancy tommorow runs in the 2.10 at SOUTHWELL and is ACE OF SPIES 9/1 who meets the favourite here again on 6lb better terms, whilst he never looked like winning LTO he has a plumb draw tommorrow and with a bit of luck in running could run the favourite close. Either way he is a cracking EW chance and is 3 to 8lb better of than his three wins here to date and the booking of Dane O Neil for the first time may be significant.

4. ROTO

ROTO Well-Known Member

Lingfield 3.20

Credit Crunched 9/1

I'm going to be having a large e/w at what looks a ridiculous price to me. After making his debut back in November 2009, Alan King's 6 year old had a break of 14 months before making a reappearance in January of this year at Kempton over 2m5f where he finished a very respectable but well beaten 6th behind RSA Chase bound Chablais off a level weight with the winner. He travelled into the race very nicely and was still well in touch at 2 out before his lengthy absence kicked in. It was still an eye catching reappearance and he certainly looked to have a bit of class about him.

After a few weeks off Credit Crunched ran another excellent race and finished his race off much better, clearly owing to his recent run, as he finished 3.25L back in 2nd behind Whoops A Daisy at Bangor in February. Racing off level weights once again, Credit Crunched gave the long odds on favourite a few things to worry about but Henderson's charge always had a bit in reserve and could pulled further clear if he needed. Although the distance defeated may flatter him slightly, the front 2 drew well clear and with Whoops A Daisy winning off a mark of 129 today in a Listed race I think it was a very good effort.

On his final start back in March at Newbury, Credit Crunched finished 38L back in 6th at Newbury over 2m5f in a Class 3 but his finishing position does not tell you anywhere near the whole story. Alan King's gelding was as the RUK commentator put it "murdered" on about 3 or 4 occasions as firstly Sherwani jumped markedly left handed and bumped Credit Crunched on several occasions before Arctic Wings repeated this feat at the 3rd last flight which completely ended any hope the horse had of making the frame. It was an extremely rough journey for this 6 year old chestnut who was keeping on quite nicely but these energy sapping thuds he received ensured his challenge was over before it began. That race has worked out quite nicely with the 3rd Saint Are improving to win a Grade 1 on his next start upped in trip and the 5th Benbane Head winning impressively subsequently.

Tomorrow Credit Crunched makes his chasing debut for the in form King yard and he looks potentially very well weighted for his first start in a straight handicap off a mark of 115. He's has about 8 months off the track which may have been as a result of picking up an injury from one of the bumps he received in his latest outing but I hope he was just put away by his trainer to strengthen him up over the summer period for a career over the bigger obstacles. He faces an 11 strong field over 3m at Lingfield in a Class 4 tomorrow and, in my opinion, he has certainly shaped that he would improve over fences and indeed for this step up in trip. His mark of 115 looks very manageable and it could prove that he is extremely well handicapped at present. Although you have to take his race fitness into account, Alan King is a top trainer who is more than capable of getting his horses ready after a break and I believe the 9/1 on offer currently certainly helps in this regard. He's very unexposed and entitled to a lot of improvement with only 4 starts to date and if taking to the chasing game and if fully fit, I think he can make a mockery out of his current mark and win fairly cosily and hopefully the bookies will realise how silly they were to allow this to open up at such a crazy price.

5. ROTO

ROTO Well-Known Member

I also like Il Battista 9/2 in the 12.10 Southwell who has a record of 1-2-2-1 at the course including a win over 7f last month. He's only 4lb higher for that effort and the blinkers which he wore for the first time that day are retained. The most important bit of information for me is that Il Battista has come a good 2nd off a 13lb higher mark in the past in this grade so I think if returning to that form he could be unbeatable in this field. Alan McCabe is in good form at the moment and Seb Sanders looks a good jockey booking with the trainer/jockey combo having a 19% strike rate and the 9/2 on offer looks very generous to me

6. the don

the don Well-Known Member

Morning all. Hope everyone is well.

Roto, i liked Equuleus Pictor e/w at 11s but the course form of yours is eyecatching.

Bad luck Danbo, youre certainly putting the hours in! Any news on Hal of a Lover? Had a brilliant weekend btw. Gave little dappers dancer her tea!! She's grown a bit and seems well.

Cheers

7. heisenburg

heisenburg Well-Known Member

Morning The Don

saving up for family hols mate so cant turn the work down, oh and im saving lives as well

glad you had great weekend, i think she is looking great and will follow chris's choice of trainer
    hope your PtP is well, will have to come up to watch them run at Wade's in the new year

8. NassauBoard

NassauBoard Well-Known Member

I really really really like Ingleby Arch and Captain Scooby today.

The latter runs in the first race at Sunny Southwell, its run last time caught my eye and I think with a better jockey on he could go extremely well here. I think he is perfectly drawn too.

Ingleby Arch may have to carry top weight today but I have been waiting for him to return to this company and I think the old boy can give these a run around.

Both win bets.

9. the don

the don Well-Known Member

Good stuff mate,

Yeah, was great. Went over to Wadies for a look around as well. Some set up he's got.

PTP is looking really well. Proper tank of a horse. Really looking forward to seeing him run. Theyve got a nice filly in the yard who was working very well.

10. Sir Barney Chuckles

Sir Barney Chuckles Who Dares Wins

Morning, all. Hope everyone well. In the main not the most thrilling of Tuesday’s but the presence of a marvellous mare at Lingers Park certainly brightens up the old day.

Heather Royal (12.50 Lingfield Park) – what a lovely name for a mare by the way. My regular readers were ebullient when this one made a winning debut over hurdles 2 weeks ago over this course and distance. Heather Royal did it very nicely that day as she ran on strongly to beat her rivals. Despite incurring a penalty for that success I can see a follow up success for her here this afternoon. Longer term, as I have maintained for 18 months, she has the potential to be a Graded class mare.

Meanwhile what about Mr Henderson yesterday, people. An Amazingly Awesome Achievement with 4 capital A's. Is it any wonder that he is the forum's favourite trainer?!?

Incidentally, great pic of Mr Henderson and Mossley on the front cover of the old ‘Racing Post’ today. It would be worthy of framing and putting on the wall were it not for the fact that the Gerraghty boy is also in it.

Good luck one and all today.

11. Sir Barney Chuckles

Sir Barney Chuckles Who Dares Wins

Nass, very interesting thoughts re Southwell Sands. I see that prior to his injury ‘King’ Kieren had been booked to ride my old fave, Oldjoesaid, in the opener. That was a curious move together with upping him into handicap class again after campaigning him in a claimer and a seller. Stephen Craine on him now and I will watch with interest.

12. TopClass

TopClass Well-Known Member

Would only recommend small stakes but Prince of Vasa in the opener at Southwell shaped better than his odds suggest at this course last time, a never nearer 6th over 5 furlongs. The key thing is he showed he can handle surface, and the extra furlong is in his favour today. If Adrian Nicholls can get him out of the stalls quicker then he would be a good e/w price at 25/1

13. rainbowview

rainbowview Well-Known Member

Heather Royal was impressive on hurdling debut and was a nice bumper performer as well so should follow up today. Kid Cassidy should win the next making it 2/2 for Hendo and 9 winners from last 9 runners :). No bets at the prices though

14. eez

eez Member

Think I'll have a small e/w on Tourist in the 12.10.

Must admit that the price on Captain Scooby is very tempting.

15. redcgull

redcgull Well-Known Member

Morning gents, i hope we are all well for today's action... Well what there is...

Not much to go at but a couple i fancy...

2.30 Sedgefield - Authentic Art, 9/2
    All of his 4 wins have come at this course, 3 at this distance 2m 1f. Came 4th after a break and i think that will sharpen him up for this one today...

3.00 Sedgfeild - Finbin, 8/1
    With a question mark over most in this field as to wether they can get this 3m3f's the only CD winner in this is Finbin. Not the most genuine to follow, hardly runs if truth be know, only 3 runs since Nov 2010. But he may come on for his run lto at Newcastle and i think he's worth a gamble at 8's...

Good luck to all who play today... <cheers>

16. TopClass

TopClass Well-Known Member

I thought in the 12.50 at Lingfield that Zennor could get closer to Heather Royal this time, having shaped well on hurdles debut and has shown smart enough form for Tom Dascombe on the flat. 7 pounds better off with improvement expected.

17. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Bloody hell eez, where have you been? How are you?

18. Dexter

Dexter Well-Known Member

Hello lads.

Reasonable offerings for a Tuesday but nothing worth punting on from my perspective.

Nice performance from the Lavelle runner there.Her string in nearly as good form as Henderson's.

GL all having a pop.

Welcome back eez!

19. Dexter

Dexter Well-Known Member

Another finger burning novice chase for odds on punters....

20. redcgull

redcgull Well-Known Member

There have been sme very short odds runners falling or unseating recently... Kid Cassidy 4/11 falling 2 out when at least 30 l's clear... Horse n AP both ok...