1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Trump that!

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by invermeremike, Jun 12, 2018.

1. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

Has there ever been such an arsehole for a politician like this. His credo of “America first” should actually say “Me first” because I can’t believe that Americans really need him as their leader and his charisma is non-existent. He finally decided to show for the Canadian version of the G7 hoopla and then decided to make appalling remarks about our Prime Minister, which considering we share the longest -undefended border on the planet, and insulted the families of the fallen soldiers who died alongside the U.S. soldiers in conflicts around the globe.

This idiot is not only an arsehole but also wears the crowns of every other obnoxious personal trait that you can imagine including telling Macron that his wife was sort of acceptable considering her advanced years. If you add tax fraud, mysogeny, and bullying to his C.V. you have the perfect recipe for what you don’t need in a leader especially given the position of the U.S. in world order. Some pundits say he acted so badly in order to send a message to North Korea that he is not a man who makes false threats.

Apparently the Canadian steel that he relies heavily on to support U.S. industry has now been designated as threat to his country’s national security (what?). If ever there was a politician, yet alone a world leader, who posed a serious threat to lnternational security then I have failed to come up with one, unless you count Adolf Hitler. As long as he has no more territorial demands then we might survive his stupidity.

Are there any like him back there?

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
    FrankfurterBlue likes this.
  2. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

Wish he was negotiating with the EU on our behalf.

3. invermeremike

Be careful what you wish for is my mantra.

4. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

I quite like the guy.
    I know he's not everyone's cup of tea and his no nonsense and aggressive approach upsets the establishment, But he tells it the way it is and that's a refreshing change from previous mealy mouthed regimes.

5. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

I agree with this. Business is his specialty and he would have been good in this role. Far better than the clowns that are currently trying to do it.

I still think there will be a second referendum on Brexit - when the EU hold out for no deal, knowing that the commons will reject it, which would force one. Either that or our pathetic government would agree to ANY deal to appease parliament.

6. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

I'm with Redprintt & Angelic, I quite like the guy. We all have flaws, but he don't mess around and seems to get things done for his country, instead of faffing around like our lot.. Sometimes, you just have to put the boot in instead of pissing about walking on egg shells, bowing to the do gooders!

Redprintt likes this.
  7. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

The difference is that Trump speaks from a position of strength whereas we are just a political football that the EU are kicking around.

We haven't the financial clout and influence that Trump has backing him up. Whilst we will always push our "history and heritage" to the front in our arguments, Trump will push the power button like he's done all his business life.

That's not to say we should roll over - far from it. The sooner this government grasps the nettle and tells Barnier and his henchmen to **** off, the happier most of us will be and we can get on with it.

8. Redprintt

Strength ?

Supposing we threatened to pull our troops from the eastern front.
    Barnier and the rest of his chickens would come running.

9. bcfcredandwhite

Hang on - wasn't Trump - and the whole Brexit thing engineered, fixed and bankrolled from the 'East'? ... or was that more 'fake news'?!!!

10. Redprintt

Honestly R&W, you lost, get over it.

Or do you want another referendum then another referendum then another referendum till you win.

11. bcfcredandwhite

I fear we may have all lost - but time will tell.
    No - I just want it over and done with so I can start picking up the pieces. I want to know where I stand so I can get on with my life and make plans for retirement. If it's a 'hard' Brexit then so be it - just get on with it. I am fed up with it being on the news all the time.
    For the record so we are completely clear: Another referendum is what I THINK will happen based on current trends - not what I WANT. However, if it does then I will, of course participate - as I do in all voting. By then I suppose at least we will know what is on the table.
    Referendum after referendum until you win.... isn't that a Scottish idea?

Redprintt likes this.
  12. Redprintt

If there is a another referendum the remain side will win.
    It's been negotiated so weakly by our lot that folk, especially the young, will think staying in must be better. Most are fed up to the back teeth.
    I voted no 40 odd years ago when it was the common market and leave 2years ago.
    I won't be changing my mind if there's a 3rd.

13. FrankfurterBlue

FrankfurterBlue Well-Known Member

The 'man' has abused power all his life. He now uses the US power to get his own way. It will not be long before he is using his power to kick **** out of our economy to US advantage. Obnoxious twat!!!! The brain of a pea, the concentration of a fish and the intellect of an amoeba.

14. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

I voted to stay only because no one could describe what leave meant and HOW it would be acheived.
    Accept that the vote went the other way and was probably how I'd have voted if leave had been better defined.
    All I kept getting told was "brexit means brexit" and "leave means leave".
    Here we are, 2 years on, still debating what leave means and how to achieve it.
    Like you, I just want it sorted so I can plan the rest of my life and get ready for retirement.
    My concern is that it's a lose / lose situation. Remainers will be unhappy because we've left and leavers will be thinking that we haven't.
    And everyone will be worse off.

bcfcredandwhite likes this.
  15. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Now I'm totally different from that, I voted to leave and that would give us control of our borders, controlled immigration, control of our laws, rules and control of our money, in other words we would be in control of our own destiny to trade with whom we like and how we like.

All of this was perfectly explained well by the arch remainers Cameron and Osbourne and the pro remain government (including May and Hammond) via that expensive brochure, all the hoy paloy of the Liberals and Labour explained it, Milliband, Ed Balls ,Nick Clegg and Vince Cable, the whole band of angels combined to warn us of impending doom, financial meltdown, millions unemployed, *even the possibility of world war 3, it never happened, they all lied and still do.

We, the ordinary folk voted in the majority to leave, we were then all told we were to thick to understand the consequences, we didn't understand the ramifications and since then they have twisted and turned to every trick in the book to take away our decision, reverse it and keep us all in harness and obey the 5 faceless Brussels bureaucrats, all presidents, all unelected, 28 EU Commissioners, all of them on salaries that would make you dream ,expenses and pensions beyond belief.

We know taxes will rise, we know things will cost a bit more in the short term, it will be the same in Europe, we are their biggest market, things will soon settle down but we will be in control of the UK.

I am of an age where I grew up in a free country, we made our own rules and decided on our own way of life, our leaders sat at the same table as the Trumps, Obama's, Putins of the world, we did it then, we can do it now. I never want to go back to the shame of the EU control.

*https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/brexit-could-trigger-world-war-7928607

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  16. invermeremike

Well said Frankfurterblue. His motto should be “Me first and to hell with the rest of you”. He truly believes he is a true leader rather than someone who can’t get his own head out of his arse. Watch North Korea make him look like the idiot that is his true identity.

17. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

Absolutely 100% agree .

I voted to leave and as Wiz so eloquently put it understood the consequences , if I’m honest I expect ed the vote to marginaly go the other way , and I would have happily accepted that decision.

What annoys me intensely is the arrogance of MP’s , and members of the house of lords , who think they can over ride the democratic will of the people. Why can’t they just accept they lost and just deliver Brexit , as we the people have instructed them to do.

Redprintt and ccfcremotesupport like this.
  18. Redprintt

Wiz
    Brilliant, just brilliant.

19. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

upsets the establishment...........really!!! <laugh>

20. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

ffb stop talking sense........<ok>......like I say it doesn't matter who wins the presidency in America from end timer trump 2 child abusing Clinton>>>>>>what a choice they gave the stupid bible belt of united states critters hey.