1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfers in / out summer 2019

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by PINKIE, Apr 23, 2019.

1. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Article in the press today reckons we'll look to sell Mustafi, Elneny, Ozil, Mkhitaryan, Jenkinson, Chambers, Ospina as well as letting Welbeck go this summer.

Ozil and Mhkitaryan are apparently up for sale to reduce the wage bill. Combined they cost us a whopping £530k per week !

The departures of Petr Cech and Aaron Ramsey will slash close to £200,000 from the weekly wage bill. Danny Welbeck, who earns around £80,000 a week, is also expected to leave when his contract expires this summer.

Emery apparently has £45m to spend plus anything that he can raise from player sales, so speculating here I reckon if we sold all of the above we'd be looking at something like this:

Ozil £40m
    Mkhitaryan £25m
    Mustafi £20m
    Elneny £8m
    Jenkinson £6m
    Chambers £12m

So that could give us a potential transfer kitty of £150-£160m to spend in the summer.

Who would you like to see come this summer based (roughly) on that transfer budget ? For me we definitely need a top class CB. A replacement for Ramsey and a winger. (which could be Nelson)

2. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

Most of those fees you're having a laugh. Who would pay that for Ozil and Mkhi really? Mustafi maybe.

white_gunner likes this.
  3. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

If Levy has to offload more than GKN and Janssen on you to
    take that money this summer, I will be most disappointed.

4. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

^^^ what’s this bollocks ?

5. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I think we’d get £25m for mkhitaryan. Agree the Ozil one was hard to put a figure on, if he was pulling up trees we could expect £45m+ but with his wages and his inconsistency maybe £40m is optimistic.

What sort of figure would you put on him ?

6. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

It's not really a 'come up with an accurate figure' for what they're worth. I just can't see any realistic club that either would move to. Clearly they're not worthless as they can offer quality. BUT I just don't see who will buy them and therefore to us they're essentially cash worthless.

They're not good, young or consistent enough for any of the big clubs around to want either of them. Their only options are the second tier clubs like Everton, Napoli, Dortmund, Valencia, Roma etc. But I can't see any of those coughing up enough money to pay them £350k and £200k a week? And would they take a pay cut to leave? Maybe. Mkhi might to go back to Dortmund I suppose. Ozil though we really are ****ed and that's a lost cause financially I think.

BobbyD and Citizen Kane. like this.
  7. BrunelGooner

BrunelGooner Well-Known Member

As mentioned in this thread, the biggest problem we will have in shifting these players on is their lucrative wages.

There were reports saying we've tried to get rid of Mustafi for the past 2 Summers, but have struggled to find a buyer. If rumours are true that he is on £90k p/w, then when you add that to his string of diabolical performances for us, it doesn't seem likely that he will be leaving unless he takes a wage cut. And truth be told, I don't even know what club would even be interested in taking him off us permanently.

I think, in all likelihood, he will probably be loaned for next season if we struggle to find a buyer.

Mkhitaryan too who hasn't been good enough at all on the whole. Again though, he is on £180k p/w, which is scandalous for a player who is 30 years of age. Can only see him leaving if, similarly to Mustafi, he takes a wage cut.

Ozil is a write-off unless a Chinese club is willing to take a punt on him and pay his wages. On £350k p/w, I don't expect him to depart.

Elneny, Jenkinson and Chambers I can see leaving. Although Transfermarkt say that Jenkinson's contract runs out in June this year, so I'm not sure if we'll be selling him or if he'll be leaving on a free.

In addition to the aforementioned players, Ramsey, Monreal, Lichtsteiner, Welbeck, D.Suarez and Ospina will definitely be out the door. That's at bare minimum £500k p/w saved in wages that we can put on new players.

My view is we will find it difficult to shift all of those players out in one window, but I expect between 7 - 9 of them to be gone, which is still good news and frees up spaces in the squad for more useful players. Even if those players are promoted from within (e.g. Reiss Nelson, Emile Smith Rowe).

It's going to be a huge Summer ahead no matter what happens.

8. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Agreed. It will be tough to move all of those players on this summer. If we can sell 2-3 along with those whose contracts are finishing, then like you say that's 7-8 players out the door who can free up wages and places in the squad.

I don't think we need to buy lots of players, we just need 2-3 top quality signings (how long have we been saying that...) CB, Creative Mid and a Winger.

9. white_gunner

white_gunner Well-Known Member

Ozil, Mkhitaryan wont go because noone will pay them their respective salaries.

Mustafi...maybe a cut price deal to italy for ~£10m?

Elneny I could see going to someone like Norwich, and that fee is accurate I would say.

Jenkinson is out of contract? so he would not get any fee.

Chambers is probably the only player out of this lot that I could see having SOME interest. He clearly does not fit in with us, but I think the clubs that have had him on loan have liked him. Again, the fee is probably accurate.

In short, I dont think any of these players would help increase our transfer kitty. Maybe well get lucky and China will want Mkhi or Ozil?
    I also have no idea what we are going to do with Welbeck, probably release him I would say. No reason for him to stay with us.

10. white_gunner

literally after writing my previous comment, I realize we are in a bit of trouble.

We have to replace Ramsey, and we are going to lose a lot of players (good or not we need squad numbers...) and this doesnt even take into account actually IMPROVING our squad...

I dont think the £45m transfer kitty is accurate...surely it cant be?

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019

11. BrunelGooner

I don't think that figure is accurate. It wouldn't make sense.

First of all, if we get Champions League football, that additional income would inevitably lead to a higher transfer budget. That is in the balance at the moment, but let's say worst case scenario we don't get Champions League football, we will still free up wages from the amount of players who will be leaving us in the Summer. That money can be spent on attracting better calibre of players.

More crucially than that though is our new sponsorship deals that come into effect this Summer. The new Emirates airline kit and stadium naming rights deal is expected to give us an additional £200m. Whether that money will all be allocated to transfers is another matter, but I am supremely confident we will have more than the £45m figure bandied about.

And if we don't, then serious questions have to be asked of Kroenke and co. because it is no secret that these new sponsorship deals will give us a huge income boost.

Kroenke has nowhere to hide this Summer now that he has 100% ownership of the club.

12. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

As explained before, a transfer kitty of £xm doesn't mean you can only spend £xm.

Read this. It was written last year but the explanation remains the same: https://shewore.com/2018/05/19/arsenals-50m-budget-explained/

PINKIE likes this.
  13. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

A lot of that that will be dependent on wages too. If we can free up £500-£600k per week on wages by getting rid of players, then it opens up more potential for bringing players in and meeting the overall ongoing financial costs.

14. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

I think the 45-50m transfer kitty IS accurate.
    With no Champions League money they are 'playing it safe',

It's not that bad though. I think your players sales are a little exagerrated but ..

The money available increases with more players off the wage structure/not just the amount from sales.

Lichsteiner, Cech, Jenkinson, Suarez, Ramsey all out of contract and then the possible selling of:
    Koscielny £5m, Elneny 5m, Wellbeck(10m), Mustafi(10m), Monreal(5-10m), Chambers (10-15m), Mkhitarian (£10m.)

Nobody is paying more than £10 million for Mustafi btw.

I think we should keep Ozil.

At best though I think we are probably looking at a budget of around £100-130m even with the ADIDAS deal.

My first choice would be DeLigt or Koulibaly - both of which will be almost impossible without Champions League. Skriniar would be my defensive choice after that. He's good on the ball, assertive and aggressive.

Some controversial picks here but i'm staying within the realms of actually possible signings.

Skriniar - Looks like he is going to leave Inter this Summer. Looking at 60-70m though.
    Jerome Boateng - FREE. Out of contract. Experienced tall, technical CB would be a decent option IMO.
    Rabiot - FREE. Top Class ability. Would give us some creativity and midfield options.
    Olivier Giroud - FREE. YEP - I said it. out of contract, would be great to have on the bench.
    Barella - £20million . Skillful, can get goals. Young and will only get better.
    David Alaba - Arsenal fan, wants to play in EPL. Possibly best LB around. £30m.

Back three all tall, strong no nonsense. Bellerin and Alaba would give us pace and balance down the wings.

----------------------------Leno-----------------------------
    ---------Sokratis------Skriniar-----Boateng------------
    Bellerin--------Torr/Xhaka-------Barella--------Alaba
    ---------------------------Rabiot-----------------------------
    -------------Lacazette-----------Aubameyang-----------

Bench: Holding, Kolasinac, Guendouzi, Ozil, R.Nelson, Giroud.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
  15. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

No need to sell Koscielny. Especially for £5m !

16. BrunelGooner

Yeah, agreed. His contract expires in 2020 and said he wants to go back to Lorient once it finishes, but he's proven me wrong and arguably been our best centre-back for the last couple of months or so.

His experience and knowhow will be valuable for his final season with us.

PINKIE likes this.
  17. white_gunner

Welbeck is out of contract, so we would not get anything for him.

18. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

I dunno man. Arsenal fans over-rate him.

He's injury prone and inconsistent.

19. gooner4ever

gooner4ever once a Gooner always a Gooner
    Forum Moderator

Realistic figures:

Ozil £20m as wages are so high and over 30
    Mkhitaryan £20m he is wrong side of 30
    Mustafi £10m he is utter ****, will go to W Ham
    Elneny £5m also utter ****, also to W Ham
    Jenkinson £0m on a free as no one wants him, not even W Ham
    Chambers £5m to Fulham
    Welbeck injury prone so free
    Cech retired
    Ramsey **** all as

So that would raise £60m to add to the alleged £40m we had. But in reality we will just spend £50m but not on a CB.

If we do manage to sell the above and the others go then wage bill is reduced, so great news for the profit margin and Silent Stan, but means we will have the following mid table team/squad:
    Leno
    Monreal/kolasinac
    Sokratis
    Holding
    Bellerin/AMN
    Torriera/sideshow Bob
    Xhaka
    Iwobi
    lacasette
    aboomerang
    necktie

^^ this is depressing