1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer window special / Breakfast Debate

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Aug 30, 2016.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image

Good Evening / Morning Everyone,

In a little over 24 hours, the transfer window slams shut...

And this time there is no emergency window...

That means that all transfers must be signed, sealed and delivered by 11.00pm Wednesday 31st August.

Here are the latest rumours doing the rounds...

OUTS

Nottingham Forest are after Ross Turnbull

Charlie Taylor is wanted by Bournemouth, West Brom and Liverpool

Diagouraga is wanted by Rangers and Rotherham

Murphy is likely be be signed by the Blunts

INS

Luton midfielder Pelly Ruddock is a favourite of Cellino's

Rumour doing the round that we are interested in Chesterfield winger Gboly Ariyibi.

We signed him when the Saints released him in 2014, though he barely kicked a ball before we released him Released him.

Left back Bryan Verboom rumour won't go away.

There will be many rumours doing the rounds in the next 24 hours, whatever it is, we want to hear it.

Marcos Barber likes this.
  2. ellandback

Forum Moderator

3. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

cant see us signing any big names, so my wish for a Wilshire, Crouch, Lambert wont happen. We may end up with more kids though and that aint clever as far as Im concerned.

Just have to hope that Pontus Jannson comes back fitter and gets his place in our back row with Bartley. Should be a winning combination this season.

Roofe to start scoring, Antonnson to score more and hope Wood starts to show us what everyone says he has

Taylor not going this window

4. Josh-LUFC

Josh-LUFC Well-Known Member

If we sign a quality CM then I think its been a good window despite early season results. I think this team will create and score more if we have the solidarity behind them. Just need that CM as I don't think Viera is quite ready and he seems to be first choice alongside Bridcutt at the moment.

5. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

I'm not so sure about Viera, Josh. He was brilliant for the Development squad last year, but even I was doubtful he would make it when named in the first team squad. He's been a bit of an eye-opener. I get the feeling he's being alternated with Phillips alongside Bridcutt so they get the benefit of his experience, because let's face it, Bridcutt has at least one suspension coming up this year.

I'm still puzzled about Diagouraga. He was as good as, if not better than Bridcutt. Puzzler.

ristac likes this.
  6. Josh-LUFC

I have no idea about Diagouraga either, he was awful in the QPR game, second worst player on the pitch I thought (behind Bamba). One game shouldn't define you though and I think he should be allowed to work for his place again, perhaps just playing alongside Bridcutt made him better rather than playing alongside inexperience. What seems certain though is that Monk isn't a fan, if that is the case then we definitely need a strong CM through the door. We can't survive the season rotating Phillips and Viera alongside Bridcutt imo.

7. Josh-LUFC

I've seen Jonathon Kodjia has gone to Aston Villa from Bristol City for 15m.

That is absolutely absurd really. He's 26 so not exactly young, has only played one season in the championship albeit scoring 19 goals (hasnt scored any so far this season). These sort of fees are gonna screw up clubs like us in the championship I think, buying an above average striker for that sort of money in the second tier. At least with McCormack's fees you know he is a seasoned championship player who is guaranteed at least 20 goals every season.

This just makes it continually harder for us to sign a proper striker that is going to be worthy of a promotion winning team.

8. Josh-LUFC

Also bearing in mind Perez scored 18 goals in La Liga last season and joined Arsenal for 17m. Only 1 year older than Kodjia. Stupid really..

9. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

The above two posts are reason I've little ot no interest in transfer deadline day. Sky will spend the next 18 hours shouting about 15m pound transfers all over the place. We have no money to compete at villas level as they are still using pl money. Derby have lost one of their most influential midfielders in Jeff Hendricks to Hull for 12m, lure of the pl money too great. All today will be is one big anti climax if you're expecting anything major

10. Infidel

Infidel Well-Known Member

IMO the FA are going to screw the Championship up with all the parachute money that is given to relegated PL teams, a divide shall become apparent and teams like Villa paying stupid money out to non proven strikers deserve to fail.

Doc likes this.

11. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Already has Doha, as you look at the league of parachute and non parachute clubs, add in the clubs who invested and you see us firmly in the bottom half.

Eire is right as Sky love deadline day but we've too many years experience of zero happening for us and the prices quoted for even League 2 talent shows why its cheaper to shop abroad, which fooks up our national team. VAY also plays a huge role in forcing clubs to shop abroad, as £10m for a shyte UK based player is £12m with VAT. Overseas clubs/agents find ways around and spread payments.

Grimes is needed to fill a hole as Viera/Phillips cannot do what a more experienced player can do. If Grimes cannot for whatever reason he needs sending back

12. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Parachute teams watch out for Burnley coming back next season but will be much stronger for it, and will deffo bounce straight back. Bournemouth may drop, Watford might, Hull?. Whoever drops will be a much stronger club and use parachute money to bounce back up. No secret that teams who go up and come back down seem to bounce up again is it. Norwich anyone

Not a fair system

13. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all...

We have Hernandez as well remember, if we hadn't already got him would he have been the type of signing expected to fill the Viera/Phillips gap?

I do question a couple of Monks signings and how he dismisses some players without much of a look.

Keepers... Last season PL teams were sniffing around Peacock-Farrel, now rivals around Turnball. We place Silvestre on the transfer list and nobody wants him... Then what do we do, put him in as sub and continue to play Green who has showed he has lost it.

14. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Who remembers this...

15. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

A joe average squad with no real money to compete, there's always going to have to be some fitting of square pegs in round holes. I don't understand the Green thing either. He's absolute ****e and has played a huge part in all points dropped to date. Peacock Farrell has hardly ever played first team football so I can't comment on him but if he has two legs and arms and assuming they all work he has to be better than Green. Maybe fact he's an ex Engerland keeper is keeping him in no1 slot

16. Josh-LUFC

Anyone heard the rumour about babacar joining from fiorentina? 23 year old striker, no other information about him

17. leedsrevolution

leedsrevolution Well-Known Member

Babacar was a Football Manager legend.

18. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning Everyone,

15 hours to go!!!

Green has been a big disappointment tbh. If we drop him, the last thing we need is a confidence shot Green, especially as I suspect we are paying him 25k a week.

19. ellandback

Forum Moderator

That was sent by a fake Ema account

No truth in it whatsoever.

There are fake accounts doing the rounds from Phil Hay, Lee Sbot and Ema...

20. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Evening BTW Josh