1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Transfer Rumours .....Till next time

Discussion in 'Watford' started by yorkshirehornet, Apr 28, 2015.

1. andytoprankin

andytoprankin Well-Known Member

We went to the Family Fun Day at our training ground’s ‘dome’, last Tuesday. Great day, but FWIW, Kabasele looked miserable, left straight after the autograph session looking well mardy. Andre Grey obviously left ghostlike, too, but I’ve never been impressed by his attitude.
    Deulofeu was very relaxed, having his picture taken, spending time chatting with the kids there, posing for photographs. Troy, too, obviously. Actually, the whole squad were impeccable, barring Grey as I said. Holebas wasn’t there, hope he’s OK. Doucoure was very relaxed, did a bit of passing and shooting with young Seb and Matej, seemed very happy. Obviously big Seb got to meet young Seb, and beamed when I introduced Seb by his online moniker - I think he was feeling overshadowed by other players till that.
    A great day, truly great, and something that Watford are so professional at, so seasoned - part of SGT’s legacy, of course.

2. Markthehorn

Markthehorn Well-Known Member

Doesn't sound like Sarr is any closer to joining - 2 unnamed clubs in the running now.

3. brian_66_usa

brian_66_usa Well-Known Member

And to be fair we have needed a striker we are playing Deulofeu out of position because Hughes will play were asked but his best position is in the center . So bring in Sarr will put Hughes on the bench and that would give us 3 very good center mid players fighting for the bench

4. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Watford midfielder Nathaniel Chalobah has been linked with a loan move to Premier League newcomers Norwich City and Sheffield United.

5. brian_66_usa

brian_66_usa Well-Known Member

I hope its just until Jan and not for the season Because if it is he could be thinking we are saying we dont need or want you

6. Markthehorn

Will he be fit enough ?!

7. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

I think he probably is fit now, but since he had that knee injury he doesn't seem to be quite the player he was. With the options we have in mid-field it must be hard for him to get the game time he needs to get back to his best. I would be happy to let him go out on loan, but would like a recall clause in case we need him.

yorkshirehornet likes this.
  8. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

Joueur disposant de la plus grosse valeur marchande au Stade Rennais, Ismaïla Sarr ne devrait pas faire de vieux os dans le club Breton. Convoité depuis plusieurs semaines par Watford, l'ailier sénégalais intéresse au plus haut point une autre formation de Premier League. D'après nos informations, Leicester est en passe de formuler une offre une dépassant les 30 millions d'euros (40M€ avec les bonus) pour Ismaïla Sarr. Une offre qui a de fortes chances de faire mouche, sachant que l'attaquant du SRFC dispose d'un accord de principe avec ses dirigeants en cas d'offre dépassant les 30M€. Le départ d'Ismaïla Sarr est donc plus que jamais imminent, sachant que Watford pourrait s'aligner sur l'offre des Foxes.

Translated:

Player with the highest market value at the Stade Rennais , Ismaïla Sarr should not make old bones in the Breton club. Conquered for several weeks by Watford , the Senegalese winger is very interested in another Premier League team. According to our information, Leicester is in the process of formulating an offer worth more than 30 million euros (40M € with bonuses) for Ismaïla Sarr . An offer that is likely to hit the ground, knowing that the striker of the SRFC has an agreement in principle with its leaders in case of offer exceeding 30M €. The departure of Ismaïla Sarris more than ever imminent, knowing that Watford could align with the Foxes offer.

Normally we don't enter a bidding war. Decide what a player is worth, start lower and see what happens. This comes from www.jeunesfooteux.com and I don't know anything about them.

9. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

Watford have reportedly made an offer for Chateauroux forward Haissem Hassan, but could be beaten to his signature by Barcelona.

Multiple reports in France suggest that the Hornets have made an offer of around €2.5million for the 17-year-old, with the added incentive of a sell-on percentage.

However, Barca are also reported to be interested in the teenager, which is holding up his decision.

It is suggested that the striker is more interested in the move to Catalonia, but a concrete offer is yet to be forthcoming.

please log in to view this image

Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
  10. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

Watford have reportedly rejected a second bid from Everton for midfielder Abdoulaye Doucoure.

The Watford Observer was told on Sunday that the Toffees had made an opening bid of £32million for the player, but that it was knocked back by the Hornets, who value the player much higher.

This afternoon, reports from France suggested Everton have returned with a second bid closer to the €40m mark, a price still thought to be lower than Watford's valuation of the 26-year-old.

Doucoure is also thought to not be interested in the transfer, with claims that only a move to a top six side would be considered by the Frenchman.

andytoprankin and Markthehorn like this.

11. Hornet-Fez

Hornet-Fez Well-Known Member

Isn't this your local team? Any good? (Duh, as if the Pozzo's don't know their onions!) If so, have a polite word... Barca who?

12. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

It is indeed my local team and I posted this comment last Saturday.

" Had my first view of my local team last night and they have imported a left winger with amazing tricks and speed. Within the first five minutes the opposition had put two men on him, and he looked to be the find of the season. Unfortunately he has the same fault that I have seen so often, the final ball. Having done the hard bit of getting to the goal line, he then sits it up nicely for the keeper to have some catching practice, or hits it over the heads of everyone to go for a throw in on the other side of the pitch. So much promise and so little to come from it."

I didn't realise that he was quite so young, so maybe he could learn to cross a ball in the coming years. Having just sold an up and coming midfielder for €2m, they look as if they are cashing in while they can.

13. andytoprankin

andytoprankin Well-Known Member

Everton would be expected to be top 20 this season? (Sorry, Tobes :emoticon-0111-blush)

Scullion likes this.
  14. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

"After Ismaila Sarr for most of the transfer window, Watford have finally found a breakthrough in talks with Rennes for the Senegal international.

According to L’Equipe, Javi Gracia’s side are ‘one step away’ from concluding the transfer for the 21-year-old, who performed extremely well for the French side last year.

The newspaper state the Ligue 1 side’s president, Olivier Létang, is set to meet Gino Pozzo, Waford’s owner, in Rome this afternoon to finalise the details.

Originally asking for €40m and then €37m, it’s believed the transfer will go through for around €35m, with €30m of them being up front and the remaining €5m in bonuses.

Watford are reportedly offering the winger a five-year contract, after seeing off competition from Premier League neighbours West Ham.

Napoli also came knocking for information after missing out on Nicolas Pépé to Arsenal, but never made an offer."

15. Markthehorn

Allegations he has been seen at the training ground !

Also linked to Welbeck - would he pass a medical?!

16. Hornet-Fez

Hornet-Fez Well-Known Member

It's official.... I'm not about to make detective any time soon as I failed dismally to put the two together.<doh><laugh>

17. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

Both Watford and Newcastle United have reportedly had bids accepted for Bordeaux defender Youssouf Sabaly.

The French side have today announced the signing of Arsenal captain Laurent Koscielny and are suggested to be preparing for the departure of the 26-year-old Senegal international.

Both the Hornets and the Magpies have been credited with offers for the player, who has only recently returned to France following his involvement in the African Cup of Nations.

It is reported that the player is now deciding which of the offers to accept.

18. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

Watford are in talks to sign former Arsenal forward Danny Welbeck on a free transfer, it is reported.

Welbeck left the Gunners at the end of last season and the England international is still looking for a new club.

The 28-year-old's career has been hampered by several serious injuries and only made 14 appearances last season under Unai Emery at Arsenal.

Welbeck featured twice last season for England, coming off the bench in the Nations League defeat to Spain and starting the friendly win over Switzerland in September.

If Watford can persuade the former Manchester United attacker to move to Vicarage Road, it would be a major coup although his wage demands could test the club's resolve.

As Mark says above, "would he pass a medical?"

19. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

Mmm very interesting..

20. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

Everton have ended efforts to sign Watford midfielder Abdoulaye Doucoure.

We understand the Toffees are now considering alternative targets after their second bid of £36.7m was turned down yesterday.

andytoprankin likes this.