1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Transfer Rumours .....Till next time

Discussion in 'Watford' started by yorkshirehornet, Apr 28, 2015.

1. brian_66_usa

brian_66_usa Well-Known Member

money talks lets say 1M per month fee

2. duggie2000

duggie2000 Well-Known Member

Success could probably score a few goals in Scotland
    Grey or Deeney would score a hat-full

Hornet-Fez and oldfrenchhorn like this.
  3. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Watford and Bournemouth are leading the chase for Stoke City goalkeeper Jack Butland, who wants to quit Championship to boost his international prospects, according to the Daily Mail

4. Flittonhorn

Flittonhorn Well-Known Member

Not going to do that playing back up to Foster. Rate him, but unlikely in my opnion.

5. Markthehorn

Markthehorn Well-Known Member

6. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

7. Mexican Hornet

Mexican Hornet Well-Known Member

1 decent CB and 1 decent striker and to replace any big outgoings, if there are, isn't too much to wish for, is it?

Markthehorn likes this.
  8. Markthehorn

Will potentially need to replace some big name players...

Maybe for the first time a bit of pressure on the Pozzos and co to spend some money to ensure we maintain our progress this summer?

9. HHTFC1

HHTFC1 Well-Known Member

I was actually thinking the exact same thing this morning. We have made great strides this season. IF (and it is a MASSIVE if) we won the FA Cup we would need to strengthen significantly to cope with Europe and make a good fist of the league

Equally if we wish to sustain our current level and even push onto get that 'Best of the Rest' tag then we need to get some reinforcements in, some players have had exceptional seasons and them being another year older next season may start to take its toll. Without wanting to put down a shopping list of players, I think we all know where we need to strengthen or get reliable backup. I would also go so far as saying that we may not go under the radar so much next season and teams may set up to specifically counter our tactics, so in that case we need to have players that can give Javi other options, or enable him to change his tactics to greater effect in matches.

Scullion and yorkshirehornet like this.
  10. J T Bodbo

J T Bodbo Well-Known Member

Absolute twaddle. Can only come from a Wobby reader, or someone happy to spend someone else’s money. The club will make some changes over the summer. Mostly they will improve the squad. The net outlay will be minuscule, because the management team know much more than we do. That’s why we have had the best season since most of gs can remember!

11. duggie2000

One good central defender and a good striker option and we can challenge for 6th or 7th next season

Markthehorn likes this.
  12. Markthehorn

That is a fair point - would not mass changes to the squad and key areas wlll be looked at and already players scouted .

13. duggie2000

If Challabah can get over his fear of breaking his knee again he will be like a new signing next season

Markthehorn likes this.
  14. HHTFC1

HHTFC1 Well-Known Member

nice JT!! it is my opinion...I am entitled to it, as you are yours. Not sure I siad we had to spend big, but there are players that I feel may not be able to go again to the same level next season - i may be wrong. if they cant we need to replace them as i don't see any natural replacements coming through.

Thanks for your valued opinion.

15. Hornet-Fez

Hornet-Fez Well-Known Member

Britos, Prödl and Mariappa will possibly all need replacing. Holebas has one, possibly two seasons left, tops. Doucouré may stay if we win the FA Cup, the Europa League might just get him to stay for the group stages... Otherwise the midfield looks good. Up top, EL qualification will keep GD interested for sure; it's Success who seems most vulnerable. Need a 15 goal striker, or Gray to up his game.
    Three or four defenders, one midfielder and one striker. Would be nice to keep Gomes but Bachmann has had a decent season in Scotland and may come back in with the relatively unplanned Dahlberg out on loan?
    And before anyone takes me too seriously, have you seen my predictions league standings???

yorkshirehornet likes this.
  16. J T Bodbo

J T Bodbo Well-Known Member

S
    Sorry-I get very cross when people (mostly in the Wobby) declarecthis or that player isn’t good enough, and we need to spend lots of money. Shoukdn’t Have started like I did.
    Anyway, my main point is that the owner(s) have steadily improved the squad-in fact this year it has been amazing considering where we were. They certainly buy some players for whom it doesn’t work, but that is their model. I am confident that know exactly what they want for next season, conditional only on the result in 18/May! Also, we have a bunch of players out on loan we’ve never seen who might join our squad.

Deleted....... likes this.
  17. For me the biggest factor in our success this season was a pre season with a manager who had already had five months or so with the squad and had that close season to build up his squad whilst really honing the ones he knew. With another season under his belt and hopefully a really good pre season the possibilities are endless.

Markthehorn likes this.
  18. Markthehorn

Of course the Pozzos won't want to saddle us with players on big wages in case the worse did happen or they didn't perform which is totally the right thing to do.

The key to this season has been having a pretty injury free squad - we must have spent some money on an improved medical team!

19. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Transfer window opens this Thursday for domestic deals, but for foreign players we will have to wait until the 9th June.

20. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

I thought player registration didn't start until July 1st?