1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer rumours.........

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Mad ads666, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Mad ads666

Mad ads666 Well-Known Member

As the January window is fast approaching what rumours are we hearing. Ill kick off with emmanual frimpong from arsenal. We are allegedly showing an interest along with charlton and Birmingham.

2. itfcptc

itfcptc Well-Known Member

Good player and Mick has signed him before I believe? Although I'd question if we needed another DM and I'd assume he'd be on loan.

I think unless we can get a real quality player on a permanent deal I'd rather not see us sign anyone until the summer and try to blood some of the younger players into the team.

3. Mad ads666

I think your right ptc. Sure he had him at wolves. I think it may be a permanent deal. He's been told he can leave arsenal. But is he what we need? Tend to agree with you and not really.

4. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM Well-Known Member

I agree, we don't need to panic and pay over t'odds for players i'd be happy to wait till the summer to bring a couple in.

5. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

Personally, I feel if we're ever going to play a Mick McCarthy 4-4-2 with actual wingers.... Hunt and Graham perhaps, then Mick is going to need the rock in midfield along with the creator for us to function properly going both ways.

I like Hyam, but he's perhaps not quite either a playmaker nor the best in a challenge.

Skuse is decent on the passing front, and I think he'd be even better again with the protective shield around him.

Is Frimpong the answer? Not seen enough of him.

6. King_of_Portman_Rd

King_of_Portman_Rd Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Frimpong is another one of the young talented English players coming out of Arsenal with a decent reputation but a questionable attitude and a possible lack of reality...

Gets in plenty of trouble for what he spouts on twitter and seems to never be too far away from controversy.

Also, in his loans spells in the championship he hasn't ever been pulling up any trees.... but it may just be a case of settling at a club and playing regular games which will help him develop.

Personally, not too sure what to make of this rumour

7. itfcptc

itfcptc Well-Known Member

I think Skuse perhaps could be a more attack minded playmaker, he has the talent to do so but he just doesn't have that mindset. I certainly feel Skuse limits himself sometimes being over cautious, he just doesn't show enough intent for me.

8. Mad ads666

this mornings rumour regarding incomings is our Titus. now we know this was mooted a while back so is another CB what we need? thoughts people.

9. King_of_Portman_Rd

King_of_Portman_Rd Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Could he be a makeshift winger... or even centre forward :confused:

I think it's a stop gap as Chambo has/is struggling with an injury and Berra looks in need of a rest.. I'm not too sure if we'll even see Titus play but I suppose in terms of back up he's a pretty good option <ok>

10. Mike_Holmes1990

Mike_Holmes1990 Well-Known Member

If Titus was on an Alan Lee type deal. i.e. Primarily coaching, back up if needed, then I think it can only be a good move.

11. stretchyboy

stretchyboy Well-Known Member

Not a good move in my opinion. Nothing personaly against Titus, but surely someone who hasn;t played for at least 7 months will take a good few weeks/months, at the minimum, to get get any kind of match fitness. I can't see this one myself, and i'd be disappointed in the management if he's the best that we can sign.

12. Guru of Ipswich

Guru of Ipswich Well-Known Member

The titus rumour wouldn't surprise me in the slightest, I reckon if he came MM would revet to 5-3-2/3-5-2 with Edwards/Hewitt on the right, Cressy on the left. or if we were looking to take the game to the oppo, then perhaps Anderson could play on the right.