1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Ins and Outs you'd like to see for next season

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by District Line, May 7, 2014.

1. District Line

District Line Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

After pondering for a while here's what I'd like to (realistically) see:

IN:

Kroos
    Remy
    Cavani
    Shaw
    Courtois*
    Lukaku*
    Chalobah*
    Zouma*

Out

Torres
    Ba
    Eto'o
    Oscar
    Lampard (Legend, but I feel it's the right time for him and Chelsea to part ways)
    Traore* (On loan)
    Marin
    Romeu
    Moses

My ideal XI for next season would be:

please log in to view this image

Then ideally a bench of: Cech, Cahill/Luiz, Ivanovic, Van Ginkel, Ramires, Remy, Lukaku.

If Terry isn't given the new contract then it's Luiz/Zouma for me. No point in having Cahill start if Terry isn't beside him.

2. Drogs

Drogs Well-Known Member

Ideally I would keep Cole and Terry. Lampard needs replacing and him being there isn't going to allow that to happen, although I still feel you can never have enough experience. Just don't see him settling for a bit part role. Cole obviously won't be kept either but for the purposes of my opinion:

In:

Kroos
    Bertrand return (I think Cole and Bertrand can still perform, however if Cole goes I'd have Shaw and Bertrand)
    Lukaku return
    Costa (don't rate Cavani as highly as Costa). Ideally Ibrahimovic would be perfect in terms of ability and his age in order for Lukaku to take over but not going to happen
    Chalobah return
    Piazon return

Out:

Luiz
    Ramires
    Marin
    Romeu
    Torres
    Ba
    Moses
    Wouldn't care if a big bid came in for Oscar either to tell the truth and if it's between Cech and Courtois to leave well it's Cech for me.

DL - not sure why you're implying Cahill is nothing without Terry as he has been the better of the two. Cahill has been the best CB in the league this season! Our four CBs next season should hopefully be Cahill, JT, Ivanovic and Zouma.

Can see the starting XI being the same barring the striker and a midfielder.

3. District Line

District Line Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I disagree mate, for me Terry has been the better of the two. Reading and understanding of the game unparalleled and so good at organising our back four.

I think we'll see a lot of changes.

4. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Off the top of my head: -

GK - Cech, Courtois, Blackman/Schwarzer
    Def - Ivan, Dave, Cahill, Terry, Luiz, Zouma, Kalas, Cole or Bertrand
    Mid - Van Ginkel, Ramires, Matic, Chalobah or Traore + SIGNING
    attacking mids - Oscar, Willian, Schurrle, Hazard, Salah, Piazon
    Striker - SIGNING, Lukaku + Eto'o

Had to write it all out to see.

Not sure whether this complies with all the home grown rules etc.

However roughly speaking I'd be looking at promoting at least 2 of the youth to the first team squad. Probably Piazon and Traore but depends who is the most advanced out on loan. Courtois comes back as does Lukaku - no brainer.

I'd be tempted to keep Eto'o as an experienced head. Not to play every week but I've been quite impressed with him this year.

As much as I love Lamps, probably time for him to move on. Of the 4 old guard, Cech and Terry are the only two who have performed at the required level consistently this season so should both stay. Cole I'm torn on. I'd personally keep the back 4 the same as has been this year as has been brilliant for the most part. Therefore can't see Cole spending another year on the bench so he probably goes and Bertrand or maybe Van Aarnholt as Dave's understudy. Not sold on Shaw. Quality but far too much money when Dave has been one if not the best full back in the league this year.

Obviously the likes of Ba, Torres, Marin, Moses etc are likely to be sold which should fund signings in when coupled with money made in Jan and a bit from Roman. If a Luiz or Ramires has to go as well then so be it but I like both players though imagine they could both be fringe rather than first teamers next year depending on whether we buy in midfield.

Ultimately I'd prioritise 2 signings. A top class forward and a midfielder to play along side Matic. An Alonso type I think would be ideal. Good engine, can retrieve the ball but ultimately brilliant passer who can speed up transitions. Who is available remains to be seen. Strikers have been regularly talked about. Lewandowski would have been my first choice but with him Bayern bound then probably Costa given the money a Cavani would cost.

5. Varier2

Varier2 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

For me, there are three priorities: a centre forward, a midfielder and a left back.

Without giving too much explanation, outs and ins (purely from my own preference):

Outs:
    Cech
    Cole
    Mikel
    Ramires
    Lampard
    2 out of Eto'o, Torres or Ba

Ins:
    Costa
    Calhanoglu
    Kroos
    Moreno
    Lukaku
    Courtois
    Zouma

An ideal line up next season:

Courtois - Azpillicueta - Cahill - Ivanovic - Moreno - Kroos - Matic - William - Oscar - Hazard - Costa

6. JCC87

JCC87 Member

I'll start with the outs mentioning there value plus what they would slash off our wage bill.

Definitely
    Cole FREE & 120k per week - He is not a first choice and his wages are over the amount we should be paying for a back-up, if Jose can persuade Cole to half his wages, like Terry and Lamps are going to do, to about 60k a week then he could be used as an excellent reserve. Somehow I can't see Cole taking it though.

Torres FREE & 175k per week - I really think we might have to take no fee for Torres to get a team to take on his wages. As a player he is past it anyway. Sending him to Atletico could be great if possible.

Mikel 10m & 75k per week - Despite my dislike for him, a very sought after player who could get us some much needed cash into the club. With Matic in, there is no need for Mikel and he really does not deserves to stay over Ramires or Luiz, one of whom I would drop as well.

Ramires 18m & 60k per week - Too many mistakes from the Brazilian. Between him and Luiz I would keep Sideshow Bob all day long. A mooted swap for Vidal would be excellent in my opinion.

Ba 12m & 65k per week - Not going to be the spearhead and should try to recoup as much as we can, and more whilst Ba is still able to get us some cash. Good luck to Demba

Eto'o FREE & 70k per week - If we keep any of the three we have, then it would be Eto'o as he has been good in the big home games.

The loanees (Moses, Marin, Romeu, Bertrand) 25m & 130k per week - You look at these four players, none who really have a future at Chelsea bar maybe Bertrand, but the fees and wages they cover could nearly pay for Diego Costa. That would be good business.

For me wwe would save 65m in transfers and 700k per week in wages with those deals plus the extra 100k per week from Lamps and JT lowering their wages.

There are 2 maybes for me that could leave, being Cech and Oscar, although I would keep both if possible. Courtois, Zouma and Lukaku to come back from loan leaving the squad to look like this after departures and loan returns.

GK : Courtois, Cech, Blackman

DF : Ivanovic, Kalas, Terry, Cahill, Zouma, Azpilicueta

DM: Matic, Luiz, Van Ginkel, Lampard

AM: Hazard, Oscar, Willian, Schurrle, Salah

FW: Lukaku

All I would add to this is a left-footed left back, a top class central midfielder and a clinical top class striker.

LB : Luke Shaw looks to be out of touch, with his price reaching 30m it could be out of range for a reasonable acquisition. But he could be our left back for 10 years, a gamble I would take, but if not then Alberto Moreno would be my alternative. Wages of either 80k (Shaw) or 50k (Moreno)

CM : Luka Modric would be the perfect purchase, but he looks untouchable now at Madrid. Arturo Vidal can offer a btit of everything in the middle of the park and would be the pick for me. If we could trade Ramires plus about 10m for him then we would be sorted. 120k wages

ST: Diego Costa, guy can lead a line, bring others into play. Perfect choice for us and he is suited to the Prem. 35m and wages of about 150k

Line-up would be

Courtois
    Ivanovic - Cahill - Terry - Azpilicueta
    Vidal - Matic
    Willian - Oscar - Hazard
    Costa

2nd team

Cech
    Kalas - Ivanovic - Zouma - Moreno
    Luiz - Van Ginkel
    Salah - Lampard - Schurrle
    Lukaku

7. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

As usual, everyone sees things differently, which is what makes the world go round.
    Rather than speculate on comings, here's my take on goings.
    Cech unless he will accept 2nd fiddle.
    Lampard not a starter anymore, has a career in the US available.
    Ramires Just doesn't do it for me.
    Mikel I like him but he would be better off elsewhere and is sought after.
    Moses, Marin, Ba, Torres, Eto'o. won't make the cut.
    According to reports one of Oscar Schurrle or Hazard will be let go, and Courtois will ask for a release to join Barca. PSG and Barca after Hazard.
    Lukaku Cole and Bertrand will not be here, mores the shame.
    Luiz is a big question mark, but a keeper for me.
    It's one giant puzzle, who knows how it will pan out.

8. CFC: Champs £launderx17

There won't be half as much movement or change as you think, Cp

Would love Kroos unsure he is a Jose player, but he did sign Modders. Looks like Costa is advanced.

If we don't get a regista such as Kroos, would settle for Vidal or another CM

Shaw would be good, would like to see Chalobah or another youth advanced into the squad.

Hope Salah, Schurrle continue their development. Oscar is overplayed and tired. Hazard will be even better next season with a decent striker to play off.

Don't think the old guard will be shipped out as quickly as people expect

9. bluemoon2

bluemoon2 Well-Known Member

I'd be inclined to keep Ba, as a back up! Oscar, I cant make up my mind about, but I agree with the rest! Give Lamps a job in PR or something! As for incoming bodies I'll leave that to Jose!

10. CFC: Champs £launderx17

I like Ba too. If we dont bring Lukaku back keep him

11. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Really surprised about some of the uncertainty over Oscar. The lad is world class in the making and a combination of extreme tiredness (literally hasn't stopped playing for 2 years+) plus one eye on the world cup has seen form dip admittedly. However he was probably our best player for large parts of the season early on and a definite keeper for me. He will only get better, stronger and has youth on his side.

I'd keep both but I can understand the mixed views on Ramires (bit of disciplinary liability and not a great distributor of the ball) and Luiz (mistakes, lack of concentration at times) but Oscar must be kept surely.

12. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Can't see Ba wanting to spend another season playing 3rd choice though. I think we ideally keep 1 of the current 3, bring back Lukaku and sign a world class striker to give us 3. Eto'o is perhaps the only one who I could see working as a back up. Ba has spent pretty much his whole season on his arse so will surely go and Torres just isn't good enough unless playing regularly.

13. JCC87

JCC87 Member

The thing with Oscar is if he is overplayed and tired, when will he rest, certainly not this summer, and why should Chelsea be the ones to have to rest him, we pay his wages.

If anything his being knackered is down to Brazil playing him in every friendly instead of resting him up.

14. chelsea - over 100 years of history

I agree but I guess it's a case of not playing him every single game like he was for the first 6 months of this season if it means being burnt out near the end. Certainly not a basis to sell him IMO. He also needs to be a bit more selective over what friendlies he plays etc - I can understand why in a world cup year he'd bend over backwards to play for Brazil but perhaps needs to change from next season.

15. Drogs

Drogs Well-Known Member

I agree - but Cahill for me has been better this season. Terry is one of the Premier League's best ever defenders so his reading and understanding are bound to be better. I just think that creditting Terry with all of Cahill's brilliant work this season is very unfair. You have to remember that it is a partnership and no CB can make up for an entire defence.

Re Oscar - I just haven't seen enough things from him, if any, that make me go 'wow' in the same way I do about Hazard - which is what a 'number 10' should be doing. I don't think we should be 'looking' to sell him, just that if a mega bid came in we should certainly consider it at least.

However, people are right about the amount of football he has played, and this world cup isn't going to do him or us any favours at all. We should be bringing in someone like Kroos who has the quality to play both roles deep and attacking who can switch with Oscar if need be. At the moment we only have Willian, who doesn't have much creativity in my opinion, who can switch with him. If not Kroos then Barkley!

16. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

No argument from me for a change EC, like you I am bemused with all the scuttle buck. Why would we want to lose any of Oscar Schurrle or Hazard, all great talents. If we sort the mid controller you and I are craving for, the rest more or less drop into place. Don't understand the hoopla about strikers, midfield and defence are bigger problems once JT and Cole are pensioned off. My Mum could score with the mids and defenders Jose had last time around. If we get someone like Cavani Costa, watch out!!

17. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Really hoping for evolution rather than revolution this summer. Don't want to be talking about another season in transition because we've changed half the first team squad.

Slightly worried that Jose will just buy some more work horses, expect Hazard etc to be tracking full backs all game and trying to win games 1-0, 2-1 all year. City have proved you can will the league playing decent football and they also brought in a new manager. I think we had to adjust mid season this year because the strikers in particular were not scoring enough or creating their own chances. We must identify the right 1-2 attacking players and be more expansive next year.

We also need to start letting youth in a bit more. Kalas was brilliant v Liverpool but probably wont get a sniff next year. He should get some game time in the more winnable fixtures to allow Terry in particular to rest up.

18. astro

astro Well-Known Member

What's wrong with Oscar?

19. Drogs

Drogs Well-Known Member

Agree in general.

Think Chalobah should've either gone to a PL club or stayed with us this season as I think it's caused stagnation in his progress. Van Ginkel will be like a new signing next season too.

20. tjblonks

tjblonks Member

OUT:

Hilario (Free)
    Luiz (£30m)
    Mikel (£10m)
    Ramires (£15m)
    Lampard (Free
    Torres (£10m)
    Ba (£8m)

IN:

Courtois*