1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

TomTom94's 4000 Post Spectacularmathon Quiz

Discussion in 'F1 Off Topic' started by TomTom94, Aug 2, 2013.

1. TomTom94

TomTom94 Well-Known Member

One of the positives that came out of the Hungary weekend was I reached the milestone of 4,000 posts on this here forum <diva>

Who knew when I joined this forum *checks* two and a half years ago that I would reach such a milestone? Apart from people aware of basic pattern recognition, I mean. We've had our highs, our lows, our Joey Zylas and our EternalMSCs and throughout all this we've stuck together, formed friendships, formed enemyships... Basically what I'm saying is I love you guys :emoticon-0111-blush except if I'm the killer in Mafia again. Then I hate you all <grr> with love :emoticon-0115-inlov

However, that's not why you're here. I can tell. ;)

And so, in true not606 tradition...

please log in to view this image

Click the box to expand. There are six sections with five questions each. I may have stolen some of the rounds from other people. :bandit: Enjoy!

[NSFW]NAME THAT YEAR – give the year in which the following events occurred:

1. BAR finished 2nd in the Championship, Marc Gene drove 2 races for Williams, and Villeneuve replaced Trulli for 3 races at the end of the season.

2. Roberto Moreno and Gabriele Tarquini made their first F1 starts, sub-championships were created for cars with naturally aspirated engines, and only 1 of the top 6 drivers in the championship was classified in the final race.

3. The rules were changed such that the weight limit applied to both car and driver together, 4 grands prix were red-flagged on the first lap and Pedro Diniz debuted. (probably just a coincidence)

4. Alexander Wurz drove a race for Mclaren, the engine rules were changed to require them to last more than one race, and Maldonado drove in a practice session for Minardi,

5. This was the season that EA Sports' F1 Manager was based on, the Argentinian Grand Prix was cancelled and Pedro de la Rosa made his race debut.

RECORD-BREAKERS – the following concerning records broken within the last decade:

1. Who, before Lewis Hamilton broke the record in 2007, was the youngest driver to lead a world championship?

2. In which year did Rubens Barichello beat Riccardo Patrese's record of race starts?

3. Sebastian Vettel became the youngest back-to-back world champion in 2010. How many other drivers have secured back-to-back world championships?

4. Kimi Raikkonen currently holds the record for most consecutive points finishes, at 27 and still going. Since 1980 this record has been held by two other drivers, one of whom was Michael Schumacher. Who is the other, who, with 15 consecutive points finishes, would now have only the 8th highest* run?
    (*note that some drivers appear more than once)

5. In 2011 Vettel became the youngest driver to secure a Grand Chelem. However, he had previously come close in the 2009 Japanese Grand Prix, only missing out because Mark Webber beat his fastest lap by less than a hundredth of a second. How many thousandths of a second difference was there between the two laps? Because I am generous you can have 3 thousandths each way.

RETROACTIVE RECOGNITION – These drivers have probably become more well-known for what they've achieved since they left F1. In each case, name the driver from the description.

1. Won 2 gold medals at the 2012 Paralympics

2. Now part of Toyota's endurance racing programme, alongside Wurz and Lapierre

3. Was suspended from racing for 18 months last year after testing positive for a banned substance

4. Took 3 wins in the short-lived Superleague Formula and now races in IndyCar for Dragon Racing

5. Helped Audi to win this year's World Endurance Championship and 24 Hours of Le Mans

ODD ONE OUT – Fairly simple... in theory. <nahnah> For each one I have given a hint, so that you have a chance to latch onto my twisted logic.

1. Nick Heidfeld, Andrea de Cesaris, Rubens Barichello (hint: race starts)

2. Sauber, Williams, Jordan (hint: engines)

3. Esteban Gutierrez, Jaime Alguersuari, Robert Kubica (hint: 1st place)

4. Toyota, Williams, Red Bull (hint: 2009)

5. Jacques Villeneuve, Lewis Hamilton, Kimi Raikkonen (hint: runners-up)

TRUE OR FALSE - if I have to explain this one to you then I really think there is no hope.

1. Alain Prost finished runner-up in the WDC more times than he won.

2. In the whole history of F1, only two drivers have won on their debuts.

3. When adjusted for the 2010 points system, Michael Schumacher in 2002 holds the record for most points in a WDC season.

4. In his debut season, Fernando Alonso finished behind team-mate Tarso Marques in the Driver's Championship.

5. In its final season, the Prost F1 team raced 5 different drivers due to a combination of injuries and falling outs.

ANAGRAMS – A bit of fun to end on - give the F1 related term, driver or team from the anagram.

1. TRUE BACK BRIO
    2. REAL BLING CURD
    3. SLIM GRIT SONS
    4. STUB JON TONNE
    5. GUARD RED MYST SECTION[/NSFW]

I will post the answers on Monday. <ok>

Here's to another 4000! <cheers>

2. Paco Montoya

Paco Montoya Active Member

TomTom <diva>

Will have a go at these tomorrow!

3. di Fredsta!

di Fredsta! Well-Known Member

[NSFW] NAME THAT YEAR &#8211; give the year in which the following events occurred:

1. BAR finished 2nd in the Championship, Marc Gene drove 2 races for Williams, and Villeneuve replaced Trulli for 3 races at the end of the season.

2. Roberto Moreno and Gabriele Tarquini made their first F1 starts, sub-championships were created for cars with naturally aspirated engines, and only 1 of the top 6 drivers in the championship was classified in the final race.
    1994?

3. The rules were changed such that the weight limit applied to both car and driver together, 4 grands prix were red-flagged on the first lap and Pedro Diniz debuted. (probably just a coincidence)
    1996?

4. Alexander Wurz drove a race for Mclaren, the engine rules were changed to require them to last more than one race, and Maldonado drove in a practice session for Minardi,
    I think this was 2005

5. This was the season that EA Sports' F1 Manager was based on, the Argentinian Grand Prix was cancelled and Pedro de la Rosa made his race debut.
    1995 I'm guessing

RECORD-BREAKERS &#8211; the following concerning records broken within the last decade:

1. Who, before Lewis Hamilton broke the record in 2007, was the youngest driver to lead a world championship?
    Michael Schumacher

2. In which year did Rubens Barichello beat Riccardo Patrese's record of race starts?
    2010 Spa Fish'n'chips or it could be '11 but I believe it was '10

3. Sebastian Vettel became the youngest back-to-back world champion in 2010. How many other drivers have secured back-to-back world championships?
    Alonso, Schumacher, Hakkinen, Senna, Prost, Brabham, Fangio, Ascari are all I can think of so 8

4. Kimi Raikkonen currently holds the record for most consecutive points finishes, at 27 and still going. Since 1980 this record has been held by two other drivers, one of whom was Michael Schumacher. Who is the other, who, with 15 consecutive points finishes, would now have only the 8th highest* run?
    (*note that some drivers appear more than once)
    I want to say Prost

5. In 2011 Vettel became the youngest driver to secure a Grand Chelem. However, he had previously come close in the 2009 Japanese Grand Prix, only missing out because Mark Webber beat his fastest lap by less than a hundredth of a second. How many thousandths of a second difference was there between the two laps? Because I am generous you can have 3 thousandths each way.

RETROACTIVE RECOGNITION &#8211; These drivers have probably become more well-known for what they've achieved since they left F1. In each case, name the driver from the description.

1. Won 2 gold medals at the 2012 Paralympics
    Zanardi

2. Now part of Toyota's endurance racing programme, alongside Wurz and Lapierre
    McNish

3. Was suspended from racing for 18 months last year after testing positive for a banned substance
    Not got a clue

4. Took 3 wins in the short-lived Superleague Formula and now races in IndyCar for Dragon Racing
    See above

5. Helped Audi to win this year's World Endurance Championship and 24 Hours of Le Mans
    Kristensen, can't remember if he was a driver but he's all I can think of.

ODD ONE OUT &#8211; Fairly simple... in theory. <nahnah> For each one I have given a hint, so that you have a chance to latch onto my twisted logic.

1. Nick Heidfeld, Andrea de Cesaris, Rubens Barichello (hint: race starts)
    Nick Heidfeld

2. Sauber, Williams, Jordan (hint: engines)
    Jordan

3. Esteban Gutierrez, Jaime Alguersuari, Robert Kubica (hint: 1st place)
    Gutierrez

4. Toyota, Williams, Red Bull (hint: 2009)
    Red Bull

5. Jacques Villeneuve, Lewis Hamilton, Kimi Raikkonen (hint: runners-up)
    Kimi Raikkonen

TRUE OR FALSE - if I have to explain this one to you then I really think there is no hope.

1. Alain Prost finished runner-up in the WDC more times than he won.
    False, 1984, 1988, 1990 and I want to say '83? But either way I think it's 4-4

2. In the whole history of F1, only two drivers have won on their debuts.
    If you count Farina in 1950 True. Baghetti in '61 also did.

3. When adjusted for the 2010 points system, Michael Schumacher in 2002 holds the record for most points in a WDC season.
    False, Vettel 2011

4. In his debut season, Fernando Alonso finished behind team-mate Tarso Marques in the Driver's Championship.
    True

5. In its final season, the Prost F1 team raced 5 different drivers due to a combination of injuries and falling outs.
    True

ANAGRAMS &#8211; A bit of fun to end on - give the F1 related term, driver or team from the anagram.

1. TRUE BACK BRIO
    2. REAL BLING CURD
    3. SLIM GRIT SONS
    4. STUB JON TONNE - Jenson Button
    5. GUARD RED MYST SECTION
    [/NSFW]

Without looking them up that's pretty damn hard <ok>

4. Han Shot First

Han Shot First New Member

done all i could

5. RoadRunner

RoadRunner Well-Known Member

Well done!

6. El_Bando

El_Bando Can't remember, where was I?
    Forum Moderator

Happy 4000th!! <diva>

7. Paco Montoya

Paco Montoya Active Member

[NSFW]NAME THAT YEAR &#8211; give the year in which the following events occurred:

1. BAR finished 2nd in the Championship, Marc Gene drove 2 races for Williams, and Villeneuve replaced Trulli for 3 races at the end of the season. 2004

2. Roberto Moreno and Gabriele Tarquini made their first F1 starts, sub-championships were created for cars with naturally aspirated engines, and only 1 of the top 6 drivers in the championship was classified in the final race. erm 1986

3. The rules were changed such that the weight limit applied to both car and driver together, 4 grands prix were red-flagged on the first lap and Pedro Diniz debuted. (probably just a coincidence) 1997

4. Alexander Wurz drove a race for Mclaren, the engine rules were changed to require them to last more than one race, and Maldonado drove in a practice session for Minardi, 2005

RECORD-BREAKERS &#8211; the following concerning records broken within the last decade:

1. Who, before Lewis Hamilton broke the record in 2007, was the youngest driver to lead a world championship? Alonso?

2. In which year did Rubens Barichello beat Riccardo Patrese's record of race starts? 2008

3. Sebastian Vettel became the youngest back-to-back world champion in 2010. How many other drivers have secured back-to-back world championships? 9

(*note that some drivers appear more than once) Alain Prost

5. In 2011 Vettel became the youngest driver to secure a Grand Chelem. However, he had previously come close in the 2009 Japanese Grand Prix, only missing out because Mark Webber beat his fastest lap by less than a hundredth of a second. How many thousandths of a second difference was there between the two laps? Because I am generous you can have 3 thousandths each way. 0.005

RETROACTIVE RECOGNITION &#8211; These drivers have probably become more well-known for what they've achieved since they left F1. In each case, name the driver from the description.

1. Won 2 gold medals at the 2012 Paralympics Alex Zanardi

2. Now part of Toyota's endurance racing programme, alongside Wurz and Lapierre Allan McNish

4. Took 3 wins in the short-lived Superleague Formula and now races in IndyCar for Dragon Racing Bourdais?

ODD ONE OUT &#8211; Fairly simple... in theory. <nahnah> For each one I have given a hint, so that you have a chance to latch onto my twisted logic.

1. Nick Heidfeld, Andrea de Cesaris, Rubens Barichello (hint: race starts) Barrichello because while having the most race starts, the other two have the most starts without winning

2. Sauber, Williams, Jordan (hint: engines) Sauber, because Williams and Jordan have had rebranded engines (Judd, Mugen)

3. Esteban Gutierrez, Jaime Alguersuari, Robert Kubica (hint: 1st place) Gutierrez didn't win Fr3.5

4. Toyota, Williams, Red Bull (hint: 2009) Red Bull didn't have double diffuser beginning of season

5. Jacques Villeneuve, Lewis Hamilton, Kimi Raikkonen (hint: runners-up) Kimi didn't come 2nd in debut season

1. Alain Prost finished runner-up in the WDC more times than he won. FALSE

2. In the whole history of F1, only two drivers have won on their debuts. TRUE (Farina and Baghetti?
    please log in to view this image

3. When adjusted for the 2010 points system, Michael Schumacher in 2002 holds the record for most points in a WDC season. TRUE DAT

4. In his debut season, Fernando Alonso finished behind team-mate Tarso Marques in the Driver's Championship. PROBS TRUE

5. In its final season, the Prost F1 team raced 5 different drivers due to a combination of injuries and falling outs. FALSE

ANAGRAMS &#8211; A bit of fun to end on - give the F1 related term, driver or team from the anagram.

1. TRUE BACK BRIO
    2. REAL BLING CURD
    3. SLIM GRIT SONS
    4. STUB JON TONNE

8. Julius Caesar

Julius Caesar Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

[NSFW]1. 2004
    2. 1986?
    3. 1998?
    4. 2005
    5. 1999

RECORD-BREAKERS – the following concerning records broken within the last decade:

1. Fernando Alonso?

2. 2010?

3. 8?

4. Prost?

5. 5?.

RETROACTIVE RECOGNITION – These drivers have probably become more well-known for what they've achieved since theyleft F1. In each case, name the driver from the description.

1. Zinadri

2. Nakajima

3. Pass

4. Bourdais

5. McNish

ODD ONE OUT – Fairly simple... in theory. For each one I have given a hint, so that you have a chance to latch onto my twisted logic.

1. Nick Heidfeld, Andrea de Cesaris, Rubens Barichello (hint: race starts) Heidfeld has under 200?

2. Sauber, Williams, Jordan (hint: engines) Sauber never used Toyota engines?

3. Esteban Gutierrez, Jaime Alguersuari, Robert Kubica (hint: 1st place) Only Kubica has won a race.

4. Toyota, Williams, Red Bull (hint: 2009) Only Red Bull won a race in 2009

5. Jacques Villeneuve, Lewis Hamilton, Kimi Raikkonen (hint: runners-up) JV and LH were runners up in their debut season. KR was not.

1. False

2. True

3. Probably Schumacher in 04. So false.

4. True

5. True

ANAGRAMS – A bit of fun to end on - give the F1 related term, driver or team from the anagram.

1. TRUE BACK BRIO
    2. REAL BLING CURD
    3. SLIM GRIT SONS - Stirling Moss
    4. STUB JON TONNE Jenson Button

9. TomTom94

Answers :emoticon-0103-cool:

[NSFW]NAME THAT YEAR

1. 2004
    2. 1987
    3. 1995
    4. 2005
    5. 1999

RECORD-BREAKERS
    1. Bruce Mclaren, appropriately
    2. 2008
    3. 8 - Ascari, Fangio, Brabham, Prost, Senna, Schumacher, Hakkinen, Alonso.
    4. Carlos Reutemann
    5. 2 thousandths! No wonder Miggins hates Webber <whistle>

RETROACTIVE RECOGNITION

1. Alex Zanardi
    2. Kazuki Nakajima
    3. Tomas Enge
    4. Sebastien Bourdais
    5. Allan McNish, when he wasn't busy annoying cosi

ODD ONE OUT

1. Rubens - Heidfeld and de Cesaris have both in the past held the record for most races with no career wins, while Barichello formerly held the record for most races before scoring his first win (subsequently beaten by Webber)
    2. Jordan - the only one of the three never supplied by BMW.
    3. Alguersuari - he is the only one not to have led a race for at least one lap in his debut season. (yes, Gutierrez has – lap 12 in Spain, check it)
    4. Red Bull - Toyota and Williams started the 2009 season with a so-called “double diffuser”, (along with Brawn) which Red Bull lacked.
    5. Kimi - Both Villeneuve and Hamilton finished as runners-up in their début seasons while Raikkonen first finished runner-up in his third season.

1. False, Prost finished in 2nd four times (holding the joint record with Moss in fact) but won the championship four times as well.
    2. True, Giancarlo Baghetti (1961 French) and Johnnie Parsons (1950 Indy 500, which counted towards the World Championship that year) excluding the first ever race in 1950.
    3. False. Vettel scored 392 points in 2011, whereas even scaled to the new system Schumacher would have only scored 380. However, Schumacher did score a greater percentage of available points (89.41% to Vettel's 82.53%) given that he only had 17 races to Vettel's 19.
    4. True! Marques scored two 9th placed finishes which beat Alonso's best finish of 10th on countback (neither scored any points) putting him 22nd and Alonso 23rd in the championship.
    5. True! Starting with Alesi and Mazzacane, the latter was dropped after 4 races, Alesi and Burti raced together for 8 races. Alesi quit the team after the German GP and swapped with Frentzen who had been sacked by Jordan. Two races later in Belgium, Burti was involved in a major accident and was replaced by Tomas Enge, making a total of 5 drivers.

ANAGRAMS

1. TRUE BACK BRIO – Robert Kubica
    2. REAL BLING CURD – Red Bull Racing
    3. SLIM GRIT SONS – Stirling Moss
    4. STUB JON TONNE – Jenson Button
    5. GUARD RED MYST SECTION – Drag Reduction System
    [/NSFW]

Willing to discuss any disputes :cheesy: but there shouldn't be any. Hope this was fun! <diva>

10. El_Bando

El_Bando Can't remember, where was I?
    Forum Moderator

In the question odd one out sauber Williams Jordan. I picked sauber as they havnt been supplied by Honda. But your answer is Jordan as they havnt been supplied by BMW. Lol. Do I get a pity point?

11. TomTom94

Sure, it was never the greatest question, I kind of realised after I'd posted that it was a bit too generic.