1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Today's Press Conference

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by DickPlumb, Jan 16, 2020.

1. DickPlumb

DickPlumb Well-Known Member

• LB on new contract: “I’ve had some good, positive conversations yesterday and this morning, so we’re nearly there. Just one or two small adjustments and we’re there. It’s positive and I’m pleased with what I’m hearing.” #cafc

LB: “The most important thing for me is to concentrate on the game, so that’s the priority over the next few days. Once the small things are sorted out, then we’ll get it sorted.” #cafc

LB: “Regarding Maddison, I don’t think it’s fair to talk about him because he plays for Peterborough. I think he’s an excellent player, but I don’t think it’s fair to talk about anything other than that.” #cafc

LB: “Me and Steve Gallen have worked hard to put a list together. We have to have targets because we want to move the club forward. We’re all working hard to bring players in, we all recognise that the squad needs strengthening.” #cafc

LB: “January is tough because people move the goalposts. They have to be the right type of player, we can’t just jump in. They have to strengthen us, otherwise it’s just wasting money.” #cafc

LB on Gallagher: “It’s a big blow. Conor has been one of our best players and it’s obvious for everyone to see. I think he would have got better and better. No one expected him to do what he did and it just shows the job that we do here.” #cafc

LB: “That’s why it hurt me. Because I wanted to keep working with Conor and keep improving him. But he is Chelsea’s player.” #cafc

LB: “Conor’s gone and we have to move on. One player doesn’t make a squad of players. I trust the players that I have in this building.” #cafc

LB: “Jonny Williams is back in the fold as is Tomer Hemed and Jake Forster-Caskey. Oztumer has trained this week and Josh Cullen trains with us for the first time today.” #cafc

LB: “Chuks Aneke will be playing with the U23s. Fitness-wise he’s too far off it, so he’ll be playing for the U23s on Saturday. Macauley Bonne will still be out for the next few weeks.” #cafc

LB on Lyle Taylor: “It’s all guesswork. If you ask my honest opinion, I don’t think he’ll go. But I didn’t think Conor would go, so sometimes you can’t control it.” #cafc

LB on Preston: “They have got a certain way of playing and you have to respect them because they’re a very good side. It’s a tough place to go. When we played them at our place, we lost on a penalty, so we’ll be going there to get all three points.” #cafc

2. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

My only comment is that we have until 12 noon tomorrow to sign players eligible to play at Preston. If we still haven’t signed anybody and then go on to lose at Deepdale people are not going to be happy.

DickPlumb likes this.
: cafc