1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic To be Gay or not to be Gay

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by swanseaandproud, Jul 27, 2017.

1. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Let anyone be what they want to be i dont give a toss. What i do object to is being Gay being shoved down your throat everywhere you look.....The papers and the TV and Gay pride, It is everywhere, If you are Gay then that is your choice but i am not interested and dont wish to hear about it. I would love to see someone high up who thinks like millions of us that shoving gayness down everyone's throat should stop, they are not special and dont deserve all this promotional rubbish and get on with their lives as they want too....I dont want to hear about it, i dont care about it.....Alfie son get a life i dont care if you are Gay or not and i am only interested on what a great player you were and not what you do behind closed doors......

2. LIBERTARIAN

LIBERTARIAN Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, there are very many people who still cannot accept "gays", either male or female.
    The religious brigade are especially opposed to the so called 'unnatural act'.
    Muslims, Catholics, and followers of other persuasions, are particularly vocal in their antipathy.
    Personally, I don't give a damn. But I am not tainted by any form of religious belief and that helps.

3. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

I'm fed up of the BBC shoving gayness down our throats!!

4. swanseaandproud

I dont like is being stuffed down your throat everywhere you turn....Why are gays so special ? I have gay mates and they dont act like these gays that want to promote who they are, If your gay then your gay but i dont want to know and i dont care.....

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  5. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

Personally I can't say that I've heard any homophobic chanting at any football match I've attended in recent times.

However there is an issue in football (and other sports) with the fact that young men do not feel able to live their lives openly because they are gay.

Statistically, about 5-10% of footballers are likely to be gay as this is the norm for the population.

The FA have shown they have no grasp of the situation and personally I think Alfie highlighting the problem will have enormous long term benifits for everyone concerned.

6. LIBERTARIAN

It's possibly just a reaction to all the negativity they have had to face down the years.
    'Coming out' is a relatively recent, and often quite brave, thing to do.

7. Monty Fisto

Monty Fisto Well-Known Member

You don't have to take it down the throat Dai.

ValleyGraduate12 likes this.
  8. swanseaandproud

I was going to text Alfie to shove his gay promotion up his arse.....but thought that was a wrong thing to say to him..<laugh> No but seriously why would anyone care if a footballer is gay or not....It is a private thing that should stay private as far as im concerned......

9. PGFWhite

You are basically saying that gay footballers should remain "in the closet".

It is not a case of privacy. They just wish to lead a life where they do not have to hide anything - just like you or I.

Unfortunately, they feel they are not allowed that luxury because of the homophobic environment they work in.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
    ValleyGraduate12 and LIBERTARIAN like this.
  10. swanseaandproud

Not at all, I'm saying why do you need to tell the world. It dont make them special or important.....I dont think being gay is a natural thing but i dont care what anyone does i just dont want to listen to what i regard as immoral and unnatural act....I will never accept same sex marriage in any shape or form but that is my problem and the way i was brought up in a strong chapel community.....

11. PGFWhite

The issue Dai is that they have to live their lives in secret because of the pressure from the rest of society - often led by religion.

As I have mentioned already, 5-10% of the population are likely to be gay in any society. You may not feel that is natural, but that is how nature has made the population.

ValleyGraduate12 and LIBERTARIAN like this.
  12. swanseaandproud

Can you imagine if we had a heterosexual pride, There would be hell to pay.......If your gay good luck to you but keep it within the gay community and not go around as if it is some sort of trophy by promoting gay and lesbian.....what is gay pride if it is not shoving it in your face ? what is that all about ? It is asking for trouble..

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
    mustyfrog likes this.
  13. mustyfrog

mustyfrog Well-Known Member

so true Dai, LEFTARDS need to be shot and the pollys who bow to their inane demands need sacking

14. LIBERTARIAN

So, you are a homophobe then Dai. You've 'come out'.

15. mustyfrog

not a case of being Homophone Vetch, it is a case of the minority trying to rule the majority, I wonder how many GBLT are in Wales and how much influence they have over the Leftard pollies who suck up to win their seats

16. mustyfrog

I didn't realise that so many poofs were on this forum, pls delete me if I am not one of the 90% who think GBLT who should be are strange?????????????????

17. PGFWhite

To a point I'd agree with you about Gay Pride marches. They have served their purpose and most people these days don't care about other people's sexuality.

That wasn't the point of Alfie's programme.

The point was that while society has progressed, the business of football hasn't.

18. PGFWhite

The percentage of gay people in Wales will be the same as in Australia...or Africa or America or any other country.

As for politics I think a Conservative government gave the vote for same sex marriage, so I'm not sure why/how you make any political conclusions about people's sexuality.

swanseaandproud likes this.
  19. PGFWhite

I'm not sure how many "poofs" as you call them are on this forum. Reading between the lines I don't think Vetch is and neither am I. However most people will have relatives who are gay and will thus oppose homophobia where we come across it.

20. LIBERTARIAN

"minority trying to rule the majority". I don't understand where you are coming from there, musty.

ValleyGraduate12 likes this.