1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Tiote.

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Nick, Jan 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nick

Nick Member

Apparently he's now the most disposessed player in the entire league this season.

I remember last season he'd hardly ever lose posession.

Hopefully he comes back from the ACoN fit.

I do think its mostly match fitness/sharpness he's been lacking ever since that injury coming in October. Hoping him and Cabaye click together in the latter stages of this season.

2. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Lets be honest, putting all bias to one side and the fact I think he is great, he's having a very poor season by his high standards.

3. Sports Direct Username

He was a beast against Man U. Think it's just a case of he struggles for a couple of games after an injury.

Small price to pay considering how good he is when he's on form.

4. StoneyNUFC

StoneyNUFC Member

And not many don't in fairness

5. aginairrr

aginairrr Active Member

I still think he has been very good this season personally.

6. Cheik the room

Cheik the room Well-Known Member

Refuse to believe that until I see a source.

7. Shola's Best Hat

I have noticed that this season he's tried to keep the ball in cul-de-sacs of players when really he should be laying off a simple pass.

8. Leon Bessi

Leon Bessi Active Member

I think hes been good.

9. UlversToon

UlversToon Member

Doesn't surprise me - always seems to lose possession around our penalty area going round in circles and not passing the ball off quickly enough which I think has led to us giving away a couple of goals.

Although on saying that wouldn't like to be without him!

10. Tim Kruls Zulu Shield (:)

he may not be as good as he was last season but were better of with him than without him, new zealand should give up the hacka and just put tiote face masks on

11. skalpel

skalpel Active Member

Tiote has had a poor season by Tiote standards. But his performance against Man Utd was one of the best, if not the best performance of his since joining us. Hopefully he'll return and give us more of that.

12. Jonas' Dance Teacher

Jonas' Dance Teacher Active Member

Never really had a run of games this season. When he does, he will drop down the list.

13. RyanNUFC

RyanNUFC Member

He was exceptional against Spurs and Man Utd, but he hasn't been as consistent as he was last season unfortunately. As Skalpel says, hopefully he'll come back and we'll see more of the Tiote we all know and love.

14. Speedo

Speedo Active Member

Bare in mind how many times he has the ball for us when he's playing, he probably has a much lower % of ball losses than most other players.

It is true - it was posted here the other day, I think from caught offside.com, but that's a guess.

15. LeonBestIsMint

He is just putting teams off to stay with us

16. The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco

He hasn't been at his consistent best this season (injuries/second season syndrom prehaps?) but he has put in some fantatsic performances against some top teams.

Maybe he knows he isn't at his best and over compensates for it by dwelling on the ball too much, although he has cut down on the amount of yellow cards so far which has been a plus but even with him underperforming, he's still someone i would rather have on the pitch than be preferred to someone who cannot play his role.

17. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

I thhink the key thing is even a below par Tiote is still first choice for us all. That would suggest if he does raise his game back up, we will step up a level again. Also this is only his 2nd season, and him/Cabayes first together. It has been broken up by the African Nations and Tiotes fitness/injury problems so imagine how good they'll be next year together if we retain them. Cabaye will be a far better player for us next year given what we know about players adapting to the league.

18. Cal.

Cal. Active Member

Teams have caught onto his habit in possession and are making the most of it. Was it against Fulham last season that they just pressed Tioté every time he had the ball and it worked perfectly for them?

19. Tiote_like_a_Toiger

Tbh I think Tiote (and the majority of our team) would benefit from a change of formation (433?) as 442 is far too static and we struggle to get in between the opposition defence and midfield (we end up playing square passes which often results in losing the ball) whilst opponents manage this too often, for the next game I would like to see:

Krul
    Simpson Willo Colo Santon
    Cabaye Gutierrez Guthrie
    HBA Best Obertan/Vuckic?

Alternatively Jonas can play on the wing so Abeid can come in and anchor the midfield, but I liked the extra movement Jonas gave us in the centre last week.

20. abc CissesCurriedGoat abc

abc CissesCurriedGoat abc Well-Known Member

Look guys, many of such games happened when he was outnumbered either by some 4-5-1 and his midfield weren't helping him at all...I can't remember clearly those games where Cabaye were suspended and Guthrie still injured, who he was playing with... When your midfield partner isn't helping, suddenly Tiote became the one to bear the load of the entire midfield alone...

I think it was Vuckic 1 of those games...and as you know Vuckic doesn't exert himself on the game yet..he's still v raw

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.