1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Tin men, not Ten men.

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by TIGERSCAVE, Sep 26, 2017.

1. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

Like the Tin Man, no heart, no pride, no guts and if someone doesn't take responsibility quickly, WE ARE in a relegation scrap. When a team like Preston take the piss put of you, take a long hard look at yourselves City squad.,

2. DJBlackandamberarmy(No4)

DJBlackandamberarmy(No4) Well-Known Member

After the controversy of the first goal , players were losing their heads and I'm
    Surprised nobody got sent off , I looked to see if our captain was calming everyone down and getting people focused , he was just stood with his hands on his hips , sums up half the problem to me , Preston don't have a miles better team then us on paper , but they looked miles better on the pitch , because they played as a unit , clearly following a set out game plan , we just look like a load of strangers just meeting ten minutes before kick off

3. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

**** shot by Gregor as well trying to hit the ref... awful... <laugh><laugh>

4. DJBlackandamberarmy(No4)

I think he realised what he was about to do and changed his mind , hope so anyway because it was ****ing **** if he was trying to whack him!

5. Cortez91

Cortez91 Moderator
    Forum Moderator

Dawson was straight in the referee's face and was booked for it - not standing hands on hips.

allowentry likes this.
  6. Cortez91

Cortez91 Moderator
    Forum Moderator

Would heartless players react the way they did to the referee in the first half before the string of bookings?

Yardley Tiger likes this.
  7. DJBlackandamberarmy(No4)

When I looked he was , maybe it was after he had steamed in , it was just after mcgregor booted the ball at the ref , then Campbell got booked - it was like watching a kids birthday party descend into chaos

8. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Showed a team in disarray. Trying to blame the ref or anyone else.

9. LeftSaidFred

LeftSaidFred Well-Known Member

For us non viewers can someone please summarise what happened then with the first goal which caused this jelly and ice cream meltdown?

balkan tiger likes this.
  10. Plum

Plum Well-Known Member

Mostly agree bit it's wrong to sneer at Preston, they've been top 8 all season, we've been bottom 8.

11. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

Yeah watched the replay and it doesn't look that controversial. I guess they thought the scorer was offside at the back post.

12. Walter Sobchak

Walter Sobchak Well-Known Member

I think it was also not long after the Campbell tackle and the players were still annoyed we didnt get a free kick.

13. Plum

Plum Well-Known Member

Offside or not doesn't alter the fact that Aina got nutmegged down the left and their bloke who headed it back across goal was unmarked. Sort those things out and there's no controversy because there's no goal.

Yardley Tiger and Howden Tigress like this.
  14. Deano's Volley

Deano's Volley Well-Known Member

Thought McGregor trying to kick the ball at the ref was funny, wish hed smacked him instead though

15. Chilton's Hundreds

Chilton's Hundreds Well-Known Member

Order of events that lead to meltdown:

Welsh went through back of Campbell in the centre circle. He got the man and ball at the same time which is a foul and probably a yellow card.
    Play carried on, Campbell got up and kicked Welsh on his calf off the ball. Officials didn't see it.
    Whilst I saw this, I didn't see the incident that lead to a Preston free kick. From the reaction of our players, (think it was Meyler) we'd won the ball
    fairly.
    From said Preston free kick, Larsson and Aina hopelessly left Preson scorer unmarked on our right, he waltzed past Aina crossed into the box and
    when the ball came back to him volleyed into the net from a tight angle. 1-0 Preston.

Newland Tiger likes this.