1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Time for Tuchel to start acting like a proper manager

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Chelsea Pensioner, Aug 30, 2022.

1. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Yet another **** house performance from a demoralised, gutless team with a **** house set up and selection from a manager who never learns from his mistakes.
    Had enough of Tuchel, for me he has undermined everything he did so well in his early days as manager. He’s turned Mount, Pulisic , Havertz, CHO, Ziyech from potentially great players into ordinary players, failed to get Werner Gilmour, Chalobah to realise their potential, confused every player as to what our style is, and is ruining Gallagher and Broja by playing one out of position and not playing the other. Half the squad are trying to leave, yet our glaring problems , striker and creative midfielder have been ignored over and over.
    This squad is being wrecked from within by lack of planning and lack of a plan.
    Tuchel will amaze me if he can turn this shambles around, which I hope he does. Bottom 4 looks more likely than top 4 unless someone gets control of the mess we are in.

2. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

It is a real mess. The ownership change and the sanctions mid season didn’t help. We’ve essentially spent 150M on defenders because we couldn’t renew the contracts of the ones we had when our problems are further forward. Still got at least half a dozen players who aren’t suited to our system although watching us this season, It seems like even the usual reliable players don’t quite know what the system is anymore...

We’ll finish about 20-30 points behind whoever wins the league and we’ll do well in the cups because that’s what we are now, a cup team.

The one positive this season is Sterling. You can see the difference in us and Man City just from watching him, he’s absolutely miles ahead of anyone else in our team.

3. Chelsea Pensioner

I think Cucurella is also a positive, but like Reece James, is wasted by Audi when played as a pure defender. Koulibaly, so far to be fair, is no sub for Rudi, but hopefully can come up to the speed of PL.
    Audi needs to stop moaning , stop blaming others and get his own **** in order. Stop playing Havertz up front, start playing Broja, play to our strengths until he has all the new players he is after. By the way Werner scored a hatrick, now 4 goals in 4 games plus 3 assists.Makes you think.

4. The Ginger Marks

What transpired with the sale was devastating for all concerned at the club. Don’t take likely, a poor pre season, two defensive leviathans leaving on free’s, late acquisitions etc. we have just completed the transfer for Wesley Fofana (75 mil) and Aubangyang to follow tomorrow. Don’t expect an overnight reaction we will do well to finish top 4. Be patient.

5. Chelsea Pensioner

Quite sure you are right about all the goings on but Audi looks like he is close to imploding under the pressure.
    Once the transfers have closed he can get back to concentrating on only 3 things.
    1. Decide how he wants us to set up.
    2. Sort out his best 11 for that set up
    3. Stop playing people out of position whenever possible.

6. The Ginger Marks

Please stop with the Audi jibe. I don’t think it’s pressure but More frustration. He probably does know his best eleven but it’s a long season with games every three or four days it’s impossible to play the same eleven hence the big squad.

7. Chelsea Pensioner

“Audi” is not a jibe, its a nickname used since he arrived due to his initials being TT, the designation of the best Audi ever made. Not meant at all to be disrespectful.

Diego likes this.
  8. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Five games into a new season. Squad rebuild, new owners, sanctions stopping TT planning for this season. Give the guy a break. V difficult circumstances for any head coach: if TT struggles under these pressures, fair enough

He must be drained and exhausted

9. Chelsea Pensioner

Well we got our striker, our defenders and a defensive mid as well, all of very good quality. On the way we lost Billy Gilmour which is not good, allowed Barkley to leave, loaned some excellent youngsters, traded Alonso who has been very good for us, and failed to sell quite a few below par players.
    Looking forward to a period of resettling and a hope that the new players lift us back to being able to compete for the top honours sgain.
    Not expecting miracles, just a return to the team spirit we had, but started to lose with the off field politics forced on us.

Diego likes this.
  10. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

No mate it was the Quatro

Solid_Air 2 likes this.

11. Bullet tooth Tony

Anyhow not to be to downhearted, plenty of positives in the transfer market. Goal scorer finisher got him, best young defender with the most potential got him, tis all we needed. Some of you complaining about how the team is set up and the way we play, then blaming Tuchel is not fair on him. It is up to the players to execute what he has installed on any given session. Every coach lives and dies on how his team reacts to his instructions, but he needs players to read from the same page if they are capable of doing so, some on here talk like they know better than him, get real dudes. If you where as good as, or even close to as good as Tuchel you would not be posting on an internet forum. We do not see what goes on at Cobham, and thus should not criticise the managers choice of team when things don't go to plan, if we give him time to install the players he needs we will be a force to be reckoned with, how long do owners give the best coaches.....Pep decides when to go not the owners...Or us.

12. Chelsea Pensioner

Off to buy a Lottery ticket after the luckiest win in ages. We walked through 70 mins of the dullest football imaginable, with West Ham stuck in reverse gear and Chelsea totally incapable of penetrating the parked buses. Then we messed up a corner and Hammers scored. Audi made his changes and wallop! Chilwell became the first Chelsea player to actually run, and we scored. West Ham hit the post with our goal unguarded. Phew!!
    Another sprint from Chilwell and a great Havertz finish and we’re 2-1 up and not 2-1 down A lazy backpass, a blunder from Mendy and its 2-2. Then VAR saves us and it’s 2-1 to us again. Hope our luck holds until our form improves.

13. Gareth1808

Horrendous. Up there with the worst matches I’ve ever seen for the first 70 minutes. I can’t sit through that for the whole season, I’d rather lose 5-4.

VAR bailed us out, never ever a foul but I still feel like it’s evened it out after we were robbed against Spurs.

Two things changed the game today, Chilwell (obviously) because he makes off the ball runs and gives us a threat down the left rather than everything going via James. I think we forget how good we were until Chilwell got injured last season.

The other was Broja, I don’t think he did anything particularly special but he was just there and gave the defenders something to think about. He does remind me a bit of an unfinished Diego Costa and that’s definitely a good thing. Not sure on when we’re planning on playing Aubameyang but until we do I think Broja should start.

14. The Ginger Marks

Shades of Stan here, all the new guys in place, a great win against a very good hammers if not a tad lucky. All is well in the squad going forward. Thomas will be weaving his magic and in 4 games the Stan’s will regret crying too early.

15. Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys

Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys Well-Known Member

Unpopular opinion. VAR and the disallowed goal were right. In real terms there was no foul on Mendy, however the player left his foot dangling which made contact. It gave the ref something to review and leaving your foot in, regardless of how heavy the contact, is always going to result in a foul given.
    Hopefully TT knows who can do what. The team certainly know they can win games now and one or two players may have just lit a fire underneath some others’ backsides! Good win against a tough opponent.

The Ginger Marks likes this.
  16. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Well I aint gonna judge Tuchel on what has happened so far.
    The Spurs result wasnt his fault, but **** refereeing.
    Now he has signed all the players he wanted, we have 2 defenders and a goal scorer, we need to start shooting up the table.
    The Leeds result was an abomination, the Southampton one I can stomach.
    Now we have a guy who can score, I will look at any failures past this point as Tuchel's fault, which I think is more than fair.
    It took some time to get the players in, but he cant say Boehly hasnt backed him.

17. Chelsea Pensioner

Watching the CL against Dinamo, Audi needs to wean the team off Mogodon, and get a few of them running. Same old story 1st half,all the posession, no clue how to score. Loads of passing, no runners apart from Kova, no shots look like getting through the masses of defenders who have all night to get into position as we pass ourselves into slumber.

18. Chelsea Pensioner

And so it ends mercifully, as no Chelsea supporter could be happy watching that crap.
    Nothing has changed despite 270billion being spent in a scattergun fashion by Todd Bohely, allegedly backing the judgement of Audi.
    Koulibaly is a decent defender but a big downgrade on Rudi. He looks past his best to me, but time will tell, and he deserves much more time. I understand that and not writing him off.
    Fofana may well become a great, right now he’s less imposing than Trevoh, who attacks and works well with James. And didn’t cost 70 million odd. Like Fofana, Trevoh has only played once in months.
    Sterling looks little more than a City reject, one very good game, 3 invisible ones, with poor passing and running into brick walls.
    Most worrying is that the team is slow, ponderous, predictable, easy to score against, can’t score, can’t play with any fluidity no matter who is selected, No urgency, pace, drive, passion, flair, grit, or guts anywhere to be seen, and hasn’t been for the last 4 months.
    Aubamayang should never have played, he’s totally unfit and miles below the level required. Mount in midfield? Give me a break, he’s been hopeless for 6 months and doesn’t deserve to be selected. Unlike Reece, he’s going backwards.
    As for the Manager ?? Given his great achievements, and his recent dreadful problems, he needs time to work things out. But the hopeless, turgid displays of the entire team needs addressing and quickly.
    Terrible start to PL and CL,can,t get worse ,hopefully will get better.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2022
  19. Gareth1808

Another poor result, at least we’re consistent. What’s our record over the last 20 odd games? It must be terrible. Majority of the team look like they haven’t got a clue, literally zero ideas. We were good in the first ten minutes, in which it will show we had 0 shots. But how many times did we get Aubameyang clear? Must’ve been 3. After they scored we seemed to lose hope and tan out of ideas, until a few minutes to play.

Not sure what the answer is, which is why I’m on here and not the manager but we can’t constantly play like this and not expect any sort of backlash. I appreciate it might happen once in a while but it’s every week at the minute and isn’t good enough imo.

20. Bullet tooth Tony

I have tried to write how I feel about tonight's performance but have given up so I will condense it into "Tripe" end of. We will be battered by Fulham at this rate.