1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Covid 19 restrictions have done one

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by dennisboothstash, Oct 29, 2020.

1. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

On the NHS site just now and they are saying over 60 and those identified as high risk

2. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

This is absolutely spot on.

.... likes this.
  3. Plum

Plum Well-Known Member

Could be wrong but I get the impression we've got vaccine coming out of our ears at the moment, it's become a case of how quickly can they get people to vaccination centres. I'm sure in January it wasn't possible to book a jab independently, ie without an invitation. Now it seems to be more of a free-for-all. And long may it last until we're all done twice.

Ron Burguvdy and Kempton like this.
  4. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

5. ....

.... Well-Known Member

6. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

The rate of vaccinations is still being determined by the availability of the vaccine. Junior’s girlfriend is one of a team of local volunteers who’ve been trained to vaccinate people, but they’re still waiting for things to be ramped up before they get the chance to actually start.

7. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

A Fuego brick 80 garden wood fired pizza oven?

The Missus is after one of those...

8. Newlandcasual2

Newlandcasual2 Well-Known Member

More on the do lockdowns really work, seems to be new studies coming in every week and ultimately they don't

We haven't had anything bout Sweden for a while, this from someone who has one of them Nobel prize things

9. tigerscanada

tigerscanada Well-Known Member

Wonder if these statisticians ever thought that the most vulnerable in all these countries' populations are the ones that die first, prior to any government prescribed lock-downs?
    Lower pool of highly vulnerable individuals to pick off which might skew the deaths/100,000 downwards anyway, masking the effectiveness of lock-down.

10. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

There’s a Twitter ‘read article before sharing’ warning on that first one.

11. ....

.... Well-Known Member

You can keep banging the same drum and its still not playing the tune that you like.

Lockdowns do work .. they are working ... and they are , whether you like it or not, what is happening and will continue to happen if this ever got out of control again, sometimes you just have to accept that people who know a hell of a lot more than you have advised it after looking at real figures pooling together resources of experts in every field needed, and so it happens.

Its only a couple more months , well it is as it stands now , but it will be what it is

12. Newlandcasual2

Newlandcasual2 Well-Known Member

You mean pushed by that world renowned modeller Ferguson, who hasn't actually has any training in that field which proberbly explains why he's got everything wrong in his entire career going all the way back to Mad cows disease.
    There's also a distinct lack of actual epidemiologist on Sage apart from the sociopath Edmunds, you do wonder why theres actaully more Spi-B members than experts on viral diseases advising Government. Also there's just as many opposing scientific views out there than those on Sage who themselves have hardly being correct at any stage of this.

Chazz Rheinhold likes this.
  13. ....

.... Well-Known Member

Which ones matter ? .,.. the ones that are employed to give the advise and the ones that we place our guidance by .. no matter how much "oh he or she said that or this" ... this is the way it is and the way its going to be .

How would you have done it out of interest ? ... and how would you be handling it now ?

14. The Omega Man

The Omega Man Well-Known Member

Here are the only facts you need to worry about.

We are in lockdown.

The majority of the population of the U.K. will be vaccinated.

Nothing else counts. It serves no purpose to dispute the above and quite frankly you are wasting your breath.

15. The Omega Man

I was going to ask the same question.
    We should have done the same as Sweden - maybe Germany ohh France, even Bulgaria.

Sorry but the fact is I will continue to do whatever it takes to save our NHS from being overwhelmed.

16. Plum

Plum Well-Known Member

I don't dispute your facts but I do dispute your 'serves no purpose' statement. How do we learn from all this if we don't continually examine all available data and alternative viewpoints.
    In years to come we might conclude we did exactly the right thing, or we might not. That's how we get better at things.

Newlandcasual2 likes this.
  17. The Omega Man

Maybe I should have said it serves no purpose at this time?
    I am not someone who does not challenge the establishment. I like to understand what is going on and I do not think for instance that deaths for Covid are as high as we say they are. The only gauge I use is how our NHS is coping and when a surgical consultant tells me and my wife that he is worried that the hospital cannot manage with the numbers of seriously ill patients and he may have to transfer some of his team, the numbers are irrelevant.

18. ....

.... Well-Known Member

Personally I will be watching with interest over the next few weeks as this is the first time we can gauge schools and their impact as the numbers will 75% be as a result of them (any change I mean) ... my personal opinion since early days has been that schools are super spreader events (not for illness I mean for spreading cases) ... and I will hopefully be proved wrong over this next 4 weeks

Just to clarify , this is not placing blame on kids or teachers as I know the hard work that is going in place to do everything possible, this is just the environment itself lends itself to spreading

19. Plum

Plum Well-Known Member

I imagine they're anticipating an increase in infections but hoping that as a lot of people have had jabs the impact on the NHS will be reduced and manageable.

.... and spesupersydera like this.
  20. spesupersydera

spesupersydera Well-Known Member

This is the key ^

.... and Plum like this.