1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Covid 19 restrictions have done one

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by dennisboothstash, Oct 29, 2020.

1. tigerscanada

tigerscanada Well-Known Member

I take it your balls end up often in water hazards DBT? :emoticon-0105-wink:

Ric Glasgow and dennisboothstash like this.
  2. The Omega Man

The Omega Man Well-Known Member

So do mine when my suit rides up!

3. rovertiger

rovertiger Well-Known Member

Isn't this flooding a twat?

4. tigerscanada

8 inches of snow here - and temps hovering around zero. Maybe 1.5 months away from next T-off. That's if the powers get to grips with Covid precautions on the courses.

rovertiger likes this.
  5. rovertiger

rovertiger Well-Known Member

I don't get why you can't have a game of golf. Nice open air, plenty of space to keep distanced.

6. tigerscanada

Seems they're loosening up in the UK in a couple of weeks? Ideal if you've got a couple of lefties and two righties to increase the odds of sensible distance control. I'm always in the 'effing woods anyway, so it's the bears that need to worry. :emoticon-0105-wink:

rovertiger likes this.
  7. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

March 29th...

rovertiger and tigerscanada like this.
  8. Ric Glasgow

Ric Glasgow Well-Known Member

And the soles of your shoes if the bear has **** in them(the woods that is).:emoticon-0100-smile

9. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

UK reports another 548 coronavirus deaths and 8,489 cases - as vaccine count nears 18m

10. Baldrick's Cunning Plan

Baldrick's Cunning Plan Well-Known Member

11. Newlandcasual2

Newlandcasual2 Well-Known Member

Because apartheid and discrimination in any shape and form is always a good idea....i think not

If you've had the vaccine why are people so scared of those people who have not, what ever there reasons for not having it be it medical reasons or god forbid even if there anti vax, for domestic events it would soon be found to be unworkable, to costly and to much hassle for most places and very likely soon ditched when people take there custom elsewhere.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
  12. brownbagtiger

brownbagtiger Well-Known Member

They’re not scared of unvaccinated people but, like masks and social distancing etc, vaccination programmes are about protecting other people as much as protecting yourself. Some media and the public get hung up on the individual efficacy figures, but the percent of population vaccinated plays just as big a part in determining suppression of the virus. Vaccinated folk are like the carbon rods in a nuclear reactor.

Anyway, I can’t see vaccine status impacting your eligibility to participate in U.K. events because it is a civil liberties nightmare and we’re aiming to get all adults done by summer anyway. I can foresee needing to demonstrate vaccination for foreign travel as other countries will demand it before letting us in, being as we are a Covid hotspot. And it wouldn’t surprise me if we said you can skip quarantine if you can prove you’re vaccinated when you arrive in the U.K., whether you’re a returning citizen or a visitor from elsewhere.

13. ....

.... Well-Known Member

For the two examples you mention above I think its pretty much nailed on that this will happen.

For foreign travel I not only expect but hope it is the case , It is only the same as the other jabs we all have to have to go to certain countries so its not like it is something out of the ordinary , if you don't want a jab then fair enough , you simply wont be going away on your holidays ..

The second one should tie into the first one really as it should be pretty universal worldwide that vaccines are required to travel abroad , with this one step alone it will help isolate new variants to their place of origin hopefully and so targeted approaches can be made to these as they develop.

(I would say I would be all for a general passport for vaccination to get freedoms back sooner but it simply cant and probably shouldn't happen as you know people who choose not to have the jab will be up in arms saying their civil rights etc are being taken from them ... my opinion is if you choose not to help to be part of the solution by having the vaccine then you are part of the problem and should be treated as so , but that's just a personal opinion)

Barchullona likes this.
  14. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

You’ve had the jab. What’s the problem
    Why do you want to make others have it if they don’t want to. You’re safe aren’t you?

Part of the problem!!!
    It’s getting like 1984

15. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

My understand could be wrong, but I think the vaccine pretty much reduces the impact on the individual, it doesn't stop the spread itself, so it'd be a pretty meaningless gesture to insist on some certificate to allow travel etc.

A generalisation granted, but numbers seem to be falling at a similar rate in a lot of places that haven't been as efficient as us with the vaccine.

Kempton and Newlandcasual2 like this.
  16. Phinius T Bookbinder

Phinius T Bookbinder Well-Known Member

Wish it was we where worth watching back then.

17. ....

.... Well-Known Member

So far the studies and evidence are pointing towards it slowing the spread :

The Covid-19 vaccines reduce transmission. Here’s the evidence. - Vox

Pfizer-BioNTech Shot Stops Covid Spread, Israeli Study Shows - Bloomberg

Covid-19 vaccines: One dose can reduce transmission of the virus according to PHE study (inews.co.uk)

Coronavirus: Latest data shows vaccine reduces transmission - Hancock - BBC News

18. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

19. tigerscanada

True. Notwithstanding your understanding was incorrect.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
  20. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator