1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Covid 19 restrictions have done one

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by dennisboothstash, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

On calendar now just showed a bloke who’s an airline pilot is working as a tesco delivery driver
    Kinell

2. Tentotwo

Tentotwo Well-Known Member

From what I’ve seen this week people are not really being influenced by the rules as they change and are rather choosing what to do based on their own common sense. Apart from smaller shops and pubs not being open things seems to be just as busy as they normally are. The government have certainly lost a lot of public support.

Newlandcasual2 likes this.
  3. Ernie Shackleton

Ernie Shackleton Well-Known Member

Ridiculous.

He'd never negotiate his delivery plane past the wheelie bins down our back alley.

That's a ten foot to you heathens.

Kempton and SW3 Chelsea Tiger like this.
  4. Ron Burguvdy

Ron Burguvdy Well-Known Member

5. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

....and to let him know you're in, you have to leave the landing light on....bdm tsh.

Oooh, is that my coat...

Kempton, balkan tiger, Help! and 3 others like this.
  6. Ron Burguvdy

7. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image

Newlandcasual2 likes this.
  8. Cortez91

Cortez91 Moderator
    Forum Moderator

Agree.

I imagine the people that are still 100% following the rules are those living in absolute fear and/or some of those shielding.

Not a chance everybody else is. The numbers don’t particularly mean much in terms of cases and what that means for tiers, predictions end up far out and, day-by-day, the disease is proving to be less contagious/deadly.

9. Newlandcasual2

Newlandcasual2 Well-Known Member

So when the Army comes to Hull to help with mass testing can every one please stop getting the pcr test and only get the Lateral Flow test please and whe'll be back in Tier 1 in a jiffy.

Just goes to show yet again how flawed the information is that is used to justify shutting everything down.

Cortez91 and DMD like this.
  10. Cortez91

Cortez91 Moderator
    Forum Moderator

By the time the army turn up, we’ll have fallen back down the rankings as soon as we moved up them. We’ve dropped to third today and decreasing quicker than lots of those around us.

Newlandcasual2 and DMD like this.

11. Oregon Tiger

Oregon Tiger Well-Known Member

The Goverment have taken a very broad brush approach to the Tier system. I understand why they are taking the approach that they are but it's still hard to accept. Making sweeping generalisations is a whole simpler than a fine grain approach.

Overall, the infection rate in the county was lower than Cornwall and the Isle of Wight for the last 7 days reported by ONS. Narrowing it down further to the local area, the the latest map from PHE shows the following:

Capture.JPG

12. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Looking at the figures, there's little to suggest that the tiered system is liable to be successful, and it could result in more deaths from other issues.

For me, a better approach would be to take advantage of being an island, and severely restrict travel in and out, open up the Country push the personal hygiene and social distancing etc, and have greater and more rapid access to credible testing for those showing symptoms or coming in to contact with infected people, followed up with strict isolation and treatment for those that are found to be positive. The cost would be far less than current measures, and the impact more effective, with less damage to the wider public and the economy. It would also highlight companies that are putting workers at risk due to inadequate measures that pay lip service to safety. This could now be enhanced by a vaccine programme.

One flaw in that, that would need to be addressed, are the high percentage of people that acquire the virus in a hospital.

13. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Looks like my thoughts are in line with the WHO. Hopefully this starts at the right point, but 19' 38 is where I'm meaning.

EDIT: 24'54 discusses the negative global impacts of lockdown, and Dr Nabarro says 'We in the WHO do not advocate lockdowns as a primary means of control...the only time we feel a lockdown is justified is to buy you time to reorganise, regroup and rebalance your resources..but by and large, we'd rather not do it"

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
    tigerscanada likes this.
  14. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

Vodka.

Chazz Rheinhold likes this.
  15. Ron Burguvdy

Watched below last night some worrying / interesting parallels, perhaps we don't need scientists ;) , just historians... though people still forget and are we doomed to continue making the same mistakes over and over again...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0blmn5l

DMD likes this.
  16. Newlandcasual2

Newlandcasual2 Well-Known Member

When we move into tier 2 better leave a few chips on the plate lads, the ridiculous just got more ridiculous, when you go to a restaurant for a nice meal do you leave that moment the meal is finished or do you naturally have a drink, let the food settle and chat away a while ?

Also it's utterly absurd you can have a coffee or soft drink in tier 2 pubs and don't need to have a meal but as soon as alcohol is involved you suddenly need to !

https://www.standard.co.uk/reveller/bars/tier-2-rules-no-drinking-without-food-b80565.html

17. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image

18. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

19. Help!

Help! Well-Known Member

I’m happy to be corrected by someone more itk than I am, but I really don’t think that this comparison demonstrates what people are taking it to.

In Liverpool wasn’t the PCR test used on people who reported symptoms, whereas the LFT test was used for mass community testing of people who didn’t have symptoms and, in fact, were directed to a PCR test if they did?

So based on a potentially flawed assumption that both tests are essentially accurate then what I think that shows is that people who have COVID symptoms are about 5 times more likely to have COVID than those who don’t have any symptoms. And if that is the case then if anything I’m surprised they’re not further apart.

originallambrettaman likes this.
  20. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Interesting. Unfortunately I am not that more ITK person that can make you happy. Hopefully someone will be along to clarify.